Troubled with iTunes error on your iPhone and looking how to fix it?
iTunes is known for its popular media player and is easy to use. But popping of errors is common in every field. Even if you see the Apple is a known brand for iPhone/iPad and also has a trusted product but still its users come across several issues many times.
In the same way, iPhone users come across iTunes error 53 and numerous users have complained about the problem.
If you are among several users who is facing iTunes error 53 while restoring or updating your iPhone/iPad then this blog is obviously for you. Here you will know how to fix iTunes error 53 in easy way.
But before that, let us first understand what the error is, how it occurs and then moving to its solutions.
So let us begin…
Quick look on Contents:
About iTunes error 53
Users have continuously reported that they were coming across a message “error 53” at the time of installing a program or when the program is running. Even the same error was seen during Windows startup or shutdown. Several users have reported the error on iPhone when trying to restore.
So several users have come through this error, especially iPhone users at the time of updating their device with iTunes. It generally occurs when iOS device does not work in security test done by Apple.
When you try to update or restore your iDevice, then Apple checks whether Touch ID is working or not.
And this is considered as one of the main reason for iTunes error 53 on iPhone. When iOS users continuously getting the issue on their phones then Apple has come up with the fix in iOS 9.3 version.
Reasons behind iTunes error 53
Maximum users have reported that they have come across the error while they were updating their device and if this happen then there is a chance that your phone becomes bricked. As there are several factors responsible for the error, so you should check out every causes and troubleshoot them from occurring again.
The common reasons include:
- Incomplete download or installation of iTunes software
- Malicious malware or virus attack can corrupt the iTunes related program files
- Due to corrupt Windows registry from iTunes related software
Who is at risk of iTunes error 53?
You should know about those devices or OS versions, which can affect with error 53. They are:
- iPhone 6/6 Plus/6S/6S Plus
- Users trying tp update their OS version or restoring phone
- OS version running 8.3 or higher
After this, you should know the statement from Apple’s official regarding error 53 on iPhone/iPad. Lets check what was on the statement:
“We take customer security very seriously and error 53 is the result of checks designed to protect our customers. iOS checks that the Touch ID sensor in your iPhone or iPad correctly matches your device’s other components.
“If iOS finds a mismatch, the check fails and Touch ID, including for Apple Pay use, is disabled. This security measure is necessary to protect your device and prevent a fraudulent Touch ID sensor from being used.”
This is because Apple uses Secure Enclave to keep your fingerprint data safe, and that information isn’t stored anywhere on Apple’s servers. Instead, it’s stored within the chip on your iPhone and is only accessible by the Touch ID sensor on your device, hence Apple’s concern if it deems the component unauthorised.
Apple says: “If a customer encounters Error 53, we encourage them to contact Apple Support.”
Now its time to know the possible solutions that will help you to fix iTunes error 53 on iPhone/iPad.
Best solutions to solve iTunes error 53
Method 1: Force restart your device
Many times, small glitches get fixed by restarting the device and you have to do the same thing here also. Force restart your device can help you to resolve iPhone error 53. Doing this will reset the current Power cycle and the issue can be resolved.
- For iPhone 6S or old version, you have to press Home + Power button together. Press the buttons for another 10 seconds unless your device reboots.
- For iPhone 7 and later, press Volume Down + Power button together to fix the issue
If this method does not work for you then move to next method.
Method 2: Clean junk files
Every phone you use gathers some amount of cache files on it, which is also named as junk files. Cleaning all these files can help you to solve iTunes error 53. So follow the below steps to clean junk files on your OS.
- First, open “Trash” from the launch pad
- After that, click on ‘Finder’ and select ‘Empty trash’
- You will get a confirmation message asking you to delete files permanently, you have to tap on OK
- First you have to tap on ‘Recycle Bin’
- Then tap on ‘Empty recycle bin’ that you will get below File option
- At last, tap on Yes button to permanently delete the files
Method 3: Restore iPhone with iTunes
Many time users can easily resolve the error by restoring their phone with iTunes. This can be little risky as data might get lost so its better to create a backup of all your data.
NOTE– Apply this method only when you don’t have any other option.
Now follow the below steps carefully to restore your device with iTunes:
Step 1: First, connect your device to PC and then launch iTunes. When iTunes identifies the device, go to ‘Summary’ section
Step 2: Here you will get an update option or restore on phone. You have to tap on Restore button to solve the issue
Step 3: At last, a popup will occur asking confirmation of your choice. Tap on ‘Restore’ button and set your phone to factory settings.
Method 4: Clean Registry
One of the useful ways to get rid of iTunes error is by cleaning the registry. This is more helpful when you try to install or uninstall some programs. Though it does not suits for some people but a step forward to address the issue.
Method 5: Change cable or USB port
As it is mentioned earlier that the error can be a hardware related problem, so one should replace the USB port or change the cable to check the problem. Remember to use only original accessory while you connect your iPhone/iPad to PC with the latest iTunes installed. This trick has helped lots of users so trying once can show you the difference.
Method 6: Verify security software
Whenever you come across any kind of error then it may be because of not updating software. So once you should check the security software and also ensure whether it is updated or not. If you are using security software then make sure it is updated. In addition, if there are more than one security software, then it can be also the problem.
Method 7: Update iTunes to latest version
The most important part is updating iTunes to latest version. Because of not updating to its latest version can make you suffer from various iTunes error and iTunes error 53 is one of them.
So follow the steps below to immediately update iTunes.
- First, open iTunes software and select iTunes from menu
- Now tap on Check for Updates
- At last, if update is available then follow simple steps to install latest iTunes version
- First, open iTunes and select Help from menu
- Now, tap on Check for Updates
- At last, follow the steps to install iTunes latest version
- 5 Top Useful Fixes For iTunes Error 13010 After iOS Update
- Top 7 Ways To Fix iTunes Error 3600 on iPhone XR/XS/XS Max/8/7
- 11 Top Methods To Fix iTunes Error 4013/4014 After iOS Upgrade
- 7 Useful Methods to Fix iTunes Error 3014 Without Data Loss
- 9 Quick and Easy Methods to Fix iTunes Error 0xe8000015
- 6 Quick Fixes To Solve iTunes Error 29 With Ease
- 7 Best Methods To Fix iTunes/iPhone Error 4005
- 5 Best Methods To Fix ‘iTunes Error 3194’ While Restoring iPhone/iPad
Method 8: Update your computer system
You might know that Microsoft is updating and improving system files regularly. And this update improves the performance of also remove system errors like error 53.
So ensure your system is up to date to address annoying error 53. If not then follow the steps mentioned:
- First, tap on Apple icon and then on “Software Update” just to check availability of software
- If any update is available then tap on “Update” to download and install to latest software
- Click on “Update” in search box and after that, tap on “Windows Update”
- After this, click on “Check for Updates” and wait until any recent update occurs
- If any update is available, you will get a message where you have to click on it and select updates
- At last, tap on OK and then on “Install Updates”
Method 9: Fix iTunes error using IPSW file
You might be thinking about this method if you have never come across but I would like to say that it is a useful way to fix the error you are coming across. Here you have to download IPSW file to upgrade iPhone. IPSW is a raw iOS firmware that is required to update iOS devices.
Follow the below tutorial to fix iPhone error 53 via IPSW file
Step 1: First, Download the IPSW file on computer and ensure you are downloading the right file
Step 2: Now connect your iPhone to PC via USB cable and then launch iTunes. After that, iTunes will detect the iPhone automatically and you have to go to Summary section on iTunes.
Windows users, hold Shift key on keyboard and tap on Update option on iTunes together
Mac users, press and hold Alt + Command key and then tap on Update option on iTunes
Step 3: Here you will get a popup window where you have to search IPSW file downloaded. After you have selected the file, tap on Open option and follow the screen text to update iPhone using IPSW file.
After this, the iPhone error 53 will be resolved easily.
Method 10: Reinstall iTunes
Apart from all the above methods, one thing you can do is by reinstalling iTunes. In this, you have to entirely remove iTunes and again install it. While installing, the new version of iTunes will get installed and hopefully, this will resolve the problem with ease.
Also you can download iTunes latest version from here.
Now follow the steps to reinstall iTunes.
- First, go to Start > Control panel
- After that, uninstall iTunes
- Now re-download and install iTunes from Apple’s website
- First, go to the Applications folder and find iTunes
- Now right click on it and select “Get Info”
- Click on padlock icon and enter admin password
- Click on “Sharing & permissions” and modify privileges for “everyone” to Read & Write.
- Now close “Get Info” and drag the file of iTunes to “Trash”
- And that’s it, now you have uninstalled iTunes successfully. Its time to re-install iTunes from official website
So all these are best 10 methods to fix iTunes problem on iPhone/iPad. But what if you still come across the same error again?
What to do when you still come across iTunes error 53?
When nothing works for you then you can contact to Apple support as this is highly recommended. Another way, which I will recommend you to use is a third party tool like iOS System Repair. This is one of the most recommended solutions to get rid of the error.
This is compatible with any kind of iTunes error and not only it supports iTunes error but other problems as well such as iPhone stuck on recovery mode, iPhone connect to iTunes error, iPhone stuck on Black screen/white screen/Apple logo etc. This is one and only solutions to fix such type of unwanted errors.
Steps to fix iPhone iTunes error 53
Step 1: Connect your iOS device
First launch iOS System Recovery and then select ‘Repair’ option
After that, connect your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) to your PC via USB cable. When the software detects your device then click on “Start” to continue the process.
After that, it will display the device information like model name, system version, baseband version etc and then click on Next to continue.
Step 2: Boot your iOS device in DFU mode
If you face problem in your iOS device that it is not functioning normally then the software will remind you to boot the device in DFU mode. After that follow the instructions to boot your idevice in DFU mode.
- First power off your iPhone
- Press and hold Volume down button and power button all together for 10 seconds
- Now release the power button but hold Volume down button until DFU mode comes on the device
Steps to boot other devices in DFU mode:
- Switch off your iPhone.
- After that press and hold, the Power button and Home button together for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but hold the Home button until the device is in DFU mode.
Step 3: Select and download the firmware
If you want a successful recovery then select the correct model and firmware and after that click on Download.
As the firmware is large so it may take some time to download completely. In between, you make sure that network is good. If you face any trouble in downloading firmware then you can simply click on Copy to download the firmware from Apple official site and select to restore download firmware.
Step 4: Fix iOS to normal status
After the download is finished, click on “Fix Now” to begin repairing your iOS and make your device to work normally again.
At last, when the entire process completes, your iOS devices will restart into normal mode as usual. If the device does not boot normally then click on Try Again to start the process.
Bonus Tips- How to avoid iPhone error 53?
There are few things that can help you to avoid such iTunes error 53 to occur. Some of the important tips are:
- While you are thinking to replace hardware parts of your phone like cables, ID button, sensor or anything else, make sure you use the original parts
- If you have replaced any hardware parts of your phone then don’t update your device on your own. Better would be to go Apple store and allow them to do further case
- Any kind of issues or faults on your phone, remember to take it nearest Apple store
Nothing more to say as I have explained everything about iTunes error 53 on this blog and I hope that if you come across the issue after updating your iPhone/iPad then the methods will help you to resolve the issue.
If you have any more suggestion the please comment below and let me know. Further if you like then share this content to others.