Are you facing error while accessing Spotify app on your Android phone?
Getting an error “Spotify keeps crashing or freezing” on Android and wondering how to fix it?
Don’t worry, read this blog carefully and you will know the best ways to fix Spotify keeps crashing Android.
If you are unknown to Spotify then I would like to tell you that spotify is one of the digital music services where users can access millions of songs on their Android device and is also available for iOS and for desktop.
With this app, users can enjoy every bit of their life with awesome songs and it works very well in devices.
But like other apps, it is also not far away from any kind of issue. Lots of users have reported about the error where the app stucked on freezing issue or keep crashing on Android phone.
Now this is a serious issue that should be resolved but how? Just read this blog and you will come to know about the reasons for the error as well as the fixes for it.
- [SOLVED]- 10 Ways To Fix “Unfortunately, Snapchat has Stopped” Error On Android
- 9 Ways To Fix “Unfortunately, Bluetooth Has Stopped” Error On Android
- 6 Top Ways To Fix “Unfortunately, WhatsApp Has Stopped” On Android (2019 Updated)
I am playing the music over bluetooth sync in my 2013 ford f150.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, Android Auto and removing bluetooth from my ford and reinstalling that as well. I have also upgraded to Nougat this past week from Marshmallow on my Samsung S7 and the error has persisted.
Reasons for Spotify keeps crashing Android
Well, everyone don’t have any idea why such unexpected error has occurred on the app but yes, I have gathered few reasons for it.
When you see the error or the app crashes then it can be due to limitation of third party app, even due to firmware problem, such error can display on your phone.
Basically these are the reasons for the above error you have come across and to get rid of it, follow the solutions mentioned below.
You Might Also Like: 10 Effective Solutions To Fix “Unfortunately, Instagram Has Stopped” On Android
What are the solutions for Spotify keeps crashing Android
Here I will explain few best and recommended solutions to fix crashing issue on Spotify app. Go through them and check which method works for you.
So let’s walk through the solutions…
Solution 1: Perform soft reset
The very first solution you should follow is do a soft reset of your device. Simply restarting the phone once can solve several unwanted issues or errors on the phone. So, one of the best ways to troubleshoot “Spotify keeps crashing” on Android is by restarting the device.
Press and hold Power button for few seconds unless you get the options to restart. Doing this also removes several bugs or other problem from phone.
So it’s highly suggested to follow this method first before looking for other fixes.
Solution 2: Log out Spotify and login again
When the first solution does not work for you then you should logout from your Spotify app and then login again. After logging out, wait for some time and then login again.
Now check if the problem is resolved. May be some issues have occurred to access the app and once logging out from it and again logging in may help you.
Solution 3: Update the Spotify app
Several times, when the app runs in older version then also issues are common to occur. In such situation, you need to check the app has any latest version or not. If any update is available then immediately update it to latest version.
Even it fixes several unknown bugs from phone. So to update the app, check out the steps below:
- First, open Google Play Store on your phone
- Then click on More Settings
- Now click on My Apps & Games
- Check if any update is available and click on UPDATE option
Solution 4: Force Close Spotify app
When you can’t get rid of the error then try to force close the app on your phone. If the app crashes or gets stopped in between then force closing the app is helpful.
Troubleshoot the error by following the below steps:
- First, open Settings on your phone and click on Apps
- After that, click on More > then Show system apps
- Here Find and click on the app
- And at last, click on Force Close
Solution 5: Try to play music on different device
May be the issue is on your device so, once you should check out playing on different devices or can go through Spotify web player. In addition, you can check the requirement of the device before accessing Spotify.
Remember that to play the app on your phone, your device should have 250 MB memory. And if you still face the same issue then move to next solution.
Solution 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the app
Another better option to deal with Spotify crashing on Android is by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Remove the app from phone and fresh install it again.
Just follow the below steps:
- First, go to Settings > Apps > App Manager
- Find here for Spotify and click on it
- You will get UNINSTALL option, click on it
- Now click on OK to confirm
- And at last, Reboot your device once
Now again reinstall the app by following the below methods:
- Go to Google Play Store
- Here search for Spotify app in search box
- After that, choose Spotify and click on Install
- Now, review the app permission and click on Accept
Now go to the app and check whether the same error is coming again or not.
Solution 7: Clear cache and data of Spotify
This step is very important because several issues are related to cache and data of the app. When you face the issue then clean the cache and data of the app. Though this will reset the app and many times, may be your playlist will be lost.
But good news is that they can be recovered after resolving the error you are coming through. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Settings > click on Apps > App Manager
- Now find for the app “Spotify”
- Then click on Storage
- Here you will see Clear Cache and Clear Data option
- Simply click on Clear Cache first and then on Clear Data
Solution 8: Try different internet connection
May be the issue can happen due to internet connection. When this is the cause then you can see all tracks in grey color, get error message “spotify is offline”, not responding after pressing Play option, etc.
So when such things occur then following the below steps will help to deal with the situation.
- First, switch off your WiFi and wait for at least 30 seconds and again switch it On.
- If you are using Mobile data then check if you have enough data left on it
- Ensure Spotify app is not in offline mode (you can check this under Settings > Playback)
- If you use Firewall then check it once whether Spotify is not set as an exception
- May be if you are using public networks then some places there is restriction, so contact those network for information
- Even you can try different Wi-Fi network. May be it works and if so then you should contact the service provider of original network for further details
Solution 9: Do Factory Reset of your device
When all the above methods fail to solve the error then you should do Factory Reset of your phone. This will completely reset your device but at the same time, your important data will be also at risk, so kindly backup every important stuffs in safe place.
Now follow the below steps:
- First, go to Settings and then click on “Backup and Reset”
- After that, click on Reset button
- Then you will get a popup to enter PIN or Password
- When entered the information, click on Delete Everything option and wait for sometime
- And now, Restart your device when the entire process is finished
So, all these are some of the best ways to fix “Spotify keeps crashing on Android” and I hope that following those can help you to deal with the error. Just don’t forget that errors are a common thing to appear on phone but they have a solution.
In between, if your data is deleted while doing factory reset then you can get them back by using Android Data Recovery software. This is a professional tool developed for Android users to restore deleted files from Android without any backup.
If you have any queries or suggestions then kindly mention them in the below comment section.