Worried why your YouTube App keeps crashing on Android phone? Need help to fix YouTube keeps stopping Android?
If yes then this blog is for you. Here you will get best ways to fix YouTube Keeps Crashing on Android or YouTube Keeps Freezing on Android.
We all know that millions of people around the world love Android phones and one of the popular app is YouTube. It is for all ages as it allows to watch videos, share them and even upload any favorite videos.
But as like other Android apps keeps closing/freezing, YouTube can also show you error as it keeps freezing or crashing on Android devices. Now this is a serious problem for YouTube lovers and it should be fixed immediately.
There are plenty of user who have stated that they have received an error saying “YouTube Keeps Stopping” on Android phones and they actually don’t know what to do?
Let me show you few examples where users have reported about their problems related to YouTube:
Clicking on the app, a pop-up appears saying “YouTube keeps stopping x Close app ! Send feedback” I’ve sent “feedback” several times with no response.
I’ve asked questions on relevant forums and the internet but again no response. I’ve turned off the device overnight to see if that would help but it didn’t.
Is there anyone who can suggest something I haven’t already tried!
My Samsung phone had the same problem last week too but seems to have righted itself.
only thing I can tell is bring up the error is if I am in the app and I exit back to the home screen? Hope someone can help me with this?
Why YouTube keeps crashing or freezing?
Generally, if you see then lots of people have come across this error but they actually don’t why it happens? Don’t worry, I am here to help you out so that you can have a clear image of the reason behind the Youtube error.
- YouTube app has gathered lots of caches
- Due to incompatible software has been installed on phone
- Because of some malicious virus or bugs on browser
- May be your phone is not getting enough network connection
So what should be the solutions to get rid of such unexpected error on Youtube?
Don’t worry, just read further as I have few best solutions to fix “YouTube keeps stopping” or “YouTube Not Responding” error.
Let’ directly jump to Solution
Potential solutions to fix YouTube App Crashing or Freezing on Android
To enjoy your YouTube better without any crashing or freezing issue, here you will get several ways to fix YouTube not responding error on Android phones.
Solution 1: Restart your device and resolve
Whenever you come across such issue then first thing you should do is to restart your device once. Doing this has several benefits and it can fix any kind of small issues.
Do a force restart of your phone and then check whether the problem has resolved or not.
If not then follow the next method.
Solution 2: Quit the app and restart again
Many times, the app may consist of some issue that stops it from playing properly and shows you error. So, you should quit the app and restart again as it will refresh the app and will come back to normal.
To force quit YouTube app, just go to Apps-> Settings-> Applications-> Application manager-> and then choose YouTube and at last, click on Force Close.
Now, restart your phone and go to YouTube to check the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Update your YouTube app to latest version
When the app is not updated then several times it shows error or does not work. So ensure that your app is up to date to its latest version. You should always check for updates as developers constantly provide some updates to the apps for better performance.
To update YouTube app, follow the below steps:
- First, open Google Play Store
- Now tap on Menu and then choose My Apps & Games
- Here under My Apps section, you will get a list of apps installed
- Those apps that require update will be shown next to the app
- Only you have to click on Update button if available and it will be updated to latest version
- How To Fix Instagram Error “An Unknown Network Error Has Occurred”
- [SOLVED]-How to Fix “process com.google.process.gapps has stopped” On Android
- 13 Methods to Fix “Unfortunately Facebook Has Stopped” On Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
- [FIXED]- “No Command” Error On Android In Recovery Mode
- 11 Methods To Fix ‘Unfortunately, Contacts has Stopped’ Error on Android
Solution 4: Clear data and cache of YouTube app
When cache files gets gathered a lot then the app might get crash and hence, it shows an error message. So, you should ensure that you have cleared the app cache and data.
Check out the below steps to clear data and cache of the YouTube app:
- If you’re device is running on Android 7.1 then go to Apps-> Settings-> Apps menu, and after that click on YouTube in the default list. If you don’t get it, click on Menu and then choose Show system apps to show preinstalled apps.
- When you see YouTube, simply click on Storage and then on Clear Cache or Clear Data. At last, click on OK to confirm.
- If your device is running on Android 6.0, then you need to go to Apps-> Settings-> Applications-> Application manager-> YouTube-> Storage-> and then click on Clear Cache or Clear Data. At last, confirm the action by pressing OK.
Solution 5: Use a strong network connection
While watching anything on YouTube, if it stops working or freezing then first you should check whether your device is getting proper network connection or not. Good network connection is very important.
So you should try to reconnect your network connection by giving it a refresh. Always check that you don’t get any poor connection while using YouTube on your phone.
Solution 6: Clear cookies and history of your browser
If you visit YouTube via browser then lots of junk files are collected on browser. All these junk files slow down the browsers and you cannot properly play YouTube on your phone.
So, to solve all such issues, you should clear your browser’s history and cookies. Follow the below steps according to the browser you use:
For IE: First, open Tool Menu and then choose Safety option. After that, you have to tap on Delete Browsing History to remove all useless data
For Google Chrome: Click on Customize and Control section and choose History. Now you have to click on Clear Browsing Data to clear all cookies
For Firefox: Go to Menu and click on three horizontal bar at right corner. After that, select History from menu and move to click on Clear Recent History.
Solution 7: Free up phone storage
Even if your phone has less storage space then you cannot play YouTube on your phone and you should remember this. YouTube requires certain amount of storage space to play without any error. So just ensure your device has enough storage space by going to Settings > Storage.
Check here whether your device has enough space or not and if not then free up some room on your Android phone.
Solution 8: Uninstall/disable and again reinstall/re-enable YouTube
When your app shows error then reinstalling it can help you to get out of the problem. When you face YouTube issue still then you should uninstall the app and again reinstall it on your phone.
- For that, you have to Apps icon from Home Then move to Settings > Apps and select YouTube app. Now click on Uninstall two times to confirm
- After that, restart your phone when YouTube app is completely removed and move to reinstall the app again
- You should go to Apps > Google Play Store > and in search filed, type YouTube. Choose YouTube and click on Install
At last, wait for some time until YouTube is completely installed and then restart your device. Now look if the problem still exists.
Solution 9: Reset network settings
The YouTube issue can be because of no connectivity problem hence the result is the app will freeze or crash. In this situation, resetting network settings will help to fix the lagging issue on the app.
Follow the below steps to perform network settings on Android devices:
- First, click on Apps icon from Home screen and then click on Settings
- Now click on General management and then on Reset
- Here you have to choose Reset Network Settings
- Now confirm it by clicking on Reset Settings twice
- If your phone is having Android 6.0 then go to Apps > Settings > Backup and reset > Reset network settings and click on Reset Settings
NOTE– Doing this process will remove current network settings. So whatever important information you have, note it down beforehand like passwords.
Solution 10: Wipe cache partition
This solution is also another option to get rid of the YouTube error. Here I will show you how to fix YouTube error by wiping cache partition on Galaxy phone.
Doing this process, all errors will get removed that is causing YouTube to crash. Clearing cache partition will not delete any personal data so don’t worry about data loss. Simply follow the below steps:
Step 1: First, switch off your phone and then press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power for some seconds
Step 2: Now you will see Samsung Logo on screen. Leave the Power button but continue holding other buttons
Step 3: After Android logo appears, leave the other buttons. Now you will see installing system update on screen before Android System Recovery menu occurs
Step 4: Click on Volume Down button continuously to select Wipe Cache Partition and after that press Power button to confirm
Step 5: Now again press Volume Down to highlight Yes option, then press Power button
Step 6: And now you have to wait until the process is over. After that, click on Reboot System Now option
Step 7: At last, press Power button to reboot
And now, go to Play Store and launch YouTube and check whether videos are playing or not.
Solution 11: Do factory reset of your device
After following all the above methods to fix YouTube crashing on Android, if they fails to fix it then you need to follow the last option and that is doing Factory Reset. This process is the last option to solve any kind of issues on Android phones.
But remember that factory reset will erase your valuable data from phone so kindly backup all your stuffs in safe place before proceeding further.
After that, go to Settings> Backup & reset> Factory data reset> Reset Phone> Erase Everything.
video source: systweak
So, all these are the best ways to solve YouTube keeps crashing error on Android and I hope after following them, you will get rid of such error. In between, you might lose your important stuffs from phone while doing factory reset.
Regarding YouTube error, if you have any more solutions or any suggestion then don’t forget to mention them in below comment section.