Have you got stucked on your WhatsApp with an error saying “Unfortunately, WhatsApp has stopped”?
Do you have any idea why this occurred and how to get rid of it?
Don’t worry, simply follow this blog completely and know some of the best ways to fix “Unfortunately, WhatsApp has stopped” on Android.
Download the Best Android Data Recovery Tool to Get Back Lost/Deleted Data from Android Phone
WhatsApp is used by millions of people around the globe every day. Its one of the most popular instant messaging platform that allow users to send and via messages, send videos, gifs, pictures, audios and others.
In fact, it has gained so much popularity that people don’t even bear to live a second without it. It’s the best way to connect to friends, colleagues and family members. Even nowadays, WhatsApp is already installed in the phones itself.
But few times, this app begins to show some unwanted and unexpected errors that users never think of. Yes, several users have reported that they have got an error messages saying “Unfortunately, WhatsApp Has Stopped”.
This is really a big issue and users should be concerned of it. So read this blog carefully as I here you will know why such error has occurred and how to fix it.
- 5 Most Helpful Ways To Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Pictures On Android
- Best Ways To Recover Whatsapp Messages After Deleting Account
What does “Unfortunately, WhatsApp has stopped” means?
Generally, this error is not some common one but when users see it then they get troubled of what to do and what not. Even some users got “WhatsApp is Not Responding” error which means the same as before.
It only means that some unwanted things has happened that has made WhatsApp to crash or stopped the app from working as usual.
So, you should look forward and check the few solutions mentioned in this blog that would help you to fix the Whatsapp error effortlessly.
When this WhatsApp error does occur on phone?
It’s a common thing that whenever you try to use it, you can come across. Especially it is noticed when any new update is released. When users try to open the app, it simply crashes. Even when you click on any broken or incompatible feature of the device, then also its possible to see such error.
So after analyzing the issue deeply, I have gathered few simple solutions that will work to solve “Unfortunately, WhatsApp has stopped” on Android.
Solution 1: Restart your phone
The very first method I would suggest you to follow is to restart your phone once. Doing this will make your device work properly and it might solve the issue you are coming across.
Restarting the device has so much power that it can fix several small glitches on phone without any trouble. So before you run to access other methods, its recommended to reboot your device once and check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Clear WhatsApp cache and data
Lots of junk files are stored continuously while using the app. So in this situation, it may happen that WhatsApp fails to work.
So you should clear the cache and data of the app to make everything work properly.
- First, go to Settings and then move to Apps and click on it
- Tap on application manager and there you will see an option All
- Continue moving down unless you find “WhatsApp” > then click on it
- Here you will see both Clear data and Clear cache
- Click on “Clear Cache” option and then restart your phone and check if the problem is solved. If the issue still continues then follow the same steps and this time, click on “Clear Data”
Solution 3: Check for updates
As discussed above that mostly the problem occurs after updating the app. So the issue is not only for you but for several others as well. However, when such things happen then WhatsApp team again roll out another update to fix it.
So immediately go to Google store and check if any update is available
- First, go to Google Play Store on your phone
- Here you have to click on My apps and games
- There you can see your app and beside it, UPDATE option if available
- Click on update option and now check if the error is fixed
Solution 4: Uninstall WhatsApp and again reinstall it
When the above solution does not work for you then uninstall the app and again reinstall it on your phone. May be this process works for you.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager
- Now here find the app under section “All” and click on WhatsApp
- Tap on “Uninstall” and after few confirmations, it will uninstall the app
- Now restart your device once
- Then go to Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp > click on Install option
- If the app is installed properly then it means the error is solved
Solution 5: Install WhatsApp Beta version
Several users use WhatsApp in Beta version on their phone and if this is the case immediately uninstall it and download any stable version. Actually the beta releases are not the final versions so there is chance to see such types of error messages.
But when you come across the same issue on stable version then try to move beta version just to check if the same issue has some fix in the upcoming version or not.
To continue further, you should visit WhatsApp.com to install beta version by downloading the APK file.
Solution 6: Factory reset your phone
After trying all the above methods, if you still face the same error then one last option left and that is by doing factory reset. But remember to take backup of all your data from phone so that you don’t lose anything while doing factory settings of your phone.
Now follow the below steps to do factory reset of your device:
- First, go to Settings on your phone
- Then search and open Backup & reset
- There you have to click on Factory data reset
- At last, confirm it and the process continues.
- Now restart your device and use WhatsApp app. This time you will not get any kind of error on your phone and your app will work smoothly.
How to recover lost data after doing factory reset on Android phone
There are several Android users who don’t have a habit of keeping backup of their essential files and stuffs. In this situation, users don’t know how to retrieve the erased data. Here using any recovery program like Android Data Recovery software will work.
This is a professional tool that is developed for Android users to recover any data lost due to several reasons. It works effectively to retrieve files from Android phone without any backup. It restores every data such as contacts, photos, videos, documents, WhastApp messages, call logs, text messages, notes and many more.
Though the Whatsapp error can occur to any user but it is rare. Still users should have a clear concept of how to fix “Unfortunately, WhatsApp has stopped” or “WhatsApp is Not Responding”. In this blog, I have discussed some of the best ways to fix the error on Android and hope, going through them will definitely help users to solve it.
Further, if you have any questions or queries then don’t forget to mention them in the below comment section.