Trying to use FACEBOOK but unable to access it because of an unknown error?
Everyone is familiar with Facebook as this is one of the most popular social media apps used today by people in the entire world. No matter which device you are using, every Smartphone has this app. This is one of the easiest ways to get in touch with all friends, family, and relatives around the world.
It offers people to chat, post status or upload photos and videos, start group conversation etc. It means that with the use of FB, one can get updated with some latest happenings going on.
But if you are a user of Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus then you might come across an unknown error while accessing Facebook.
Sometimes it happens that when Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus users try to open Facebook then an error occurs stating, “Unfortunately Facebook has Stopped”.
Now if you are coming across this error on your Android phone then I would like to say that this blog post is for you. Here you will come to know about the error occurs while using Facebook and what are the ways that can help to get rid of the error.
Before going to solutions, you need to look for the possible reasons that can lead to such error.
I have been getting the error in the title constantly lately on my S7. Now this was before a recent Android update about a week ago. So i thought i’d the update and maybe that’ll sort it. Nope…
So i did what EVERYWHERE says to do on the net and cleared the apps cache & data. Still doing it. So i uninstalled FB and did a restart and then reinstalled it. Still the problem persists.
Basically its the only app that does this and after actually asking the guys at FB they said to do the generic fix of clear cache/data. That seems the only fix they have…
I’m at my wits end now and of course i’d love to ditch FB all together but i need it to keep tabs on my kids activity etc
Anyone any suggestions please. Or am i gonna be forced to do a factory reset?
Thanks in advance
From– Android Central
Quick view of Contents
Reasons behind “Unfortunately Facebook has stopped” on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
After doing few researches, I have found that due to some file corruption that is related to the app and which stops the app to function normally. Apart from this, there are other possible reasons that can lead to such error that includes:
- Corruption in the Facebook files
- Device incompatibility issue
- Malware or malicious virus attack
- OS not supporting the advanced version of application
- Facebook file segment deleted accidentally
After knowing the common causes for the above error, now its time to know some of the best ways to fix “Unfortunately Facebook has stopped” on Samsung and Android phone.
Quick fixes for “Unfortunately Facebook has Stopped” on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
#Solution 1: Force restart your phone
Whatever the problem may be on your phone, once you should try force restarting it before you move ahead to use some other advanced solutions. Small bugs generally disappear by restarting the phone.
To force restart you’re Galaxy S9, follow the steps:
- Press and hold Volume Down button continuously
- Again press and hold Power key along with Volume button
- Continue holding both keys together for 10 seconds
That’s it. Now you can see the changes and you might access your FB with ease. But if you still face the same issue then move to next solutions.
#Solution 2: Force quit Facebook from phone
When the problem is from particular app then quitting the app will help to get out of the error. Its an easy way to fix the unknown error. Follow the steps to force quit Facebook app:
- Click on Recent Apps button
- Now scroll up or down to check what is running and open
- Swipe left or right to close the apps
- At last, swipe it off the screen to close the app
Doing this method will clear the Facebook app and it will remove from memory as well.
#Solution 3: Update the new software
Many times your device OS does not support the Facebook app especially when you have upgraded your device to latest version. Make sure the app is compatible with the OS version you have upgraded your phone. Better would be install the old version of Facebook.
Still if you face problem then uninstall the FB app and again install it from play store. It also means that the new version may not support your phone so install old version and get rid of the problem you are coming across.
#Solution 4: Install app updates (Facebook, Messenger)
When any update occurs on your FB app then its better to update it because any update comes with several troubleshooting ideas. Though the app fixes several issues but it also changes the coding where the app makes itself compatible to support to Android latest version.
In the situation like this, you should check if any update is available for both app, Facebook and Messenger. To know whether app update is available, go to Google Play Store > Settings menu > My Apps & Games.
Here you will get the list of app you have installed and available updates. If update is available the click on UPDATE button and if update is available for all apps then better to click UPDATE ALL button.
#Solution 5: Clear RAM
There were some users who have reported that clearing RAM has solved Facebook has stopped error on their phone. You should also follow the below steps:
- First, go to Settings and click on Device maintenance
- Find and click Memory at bottom of device maintenance
- The process will begin and may take few seconds to clear RAM
- Now click on CLEAN NOW option when button is active
- At last, restart your Samsung Galaxy S9
- Now login to Facebook account and see if the problem still exists
#Solution 6: Clean app data on Facebook
When you still face the same issue on your Facebook then try to clear the app data of Facebook . The app data stores all app level customization, user data, configuration and others. But this app data can trouble users to access Facebook.
So its better to clear the app data of the FB app by following the below steps:
- First, open Settings app and then click on Apps
- Now click on More settings
- Click on Show system app
- Now search for the app and click on it
- Here you have to click on Storage and then CLEAR DATA
- At last, restart your device and check whether the problem is resolved or not
#Solution 7: Enter Recovery mode to clear cache partition
This is a simple way to fix issues on your phone and has worked for several users. Only you have to wipe cache partition and the problem you are coming across will be solved. Follow the mentioned steps:
- First, switch off your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
- Then press and hold Power + Lock button
- Now wait unless Galaxy S9 logo occurs on screen
- Its time to release Power button and hold Volume Down button after logo occurs
- Don’t leave the buttons when the phone restarts
- Your device will enter Safe mode when it begins to work
- Now release Volume button when you see Safe Mode on phone screen
- Select the Wipe Cache Partition option and then confirm it
Finally, your device cache was wiped but it can delete the save data pf apps.
#Solution 8: Reset app preferences
You may come across problem in accessing the apps because the linked apps will not work or their service has been disabled. So you have to make sure whether the app you are using has its own apps and services and for that, you need to clear app preferences.
But doing this make several changes as follows:
- Resets all the default app for use
- All the app permission returns to default
- Enables the previous apps and its services that were disabled
- Shut off restrictions on background data for app
Now to reset app preferences on your Samsung Galaxy S9, follow the steps below:
- Simply open Settings menu and click on Apps
- Now click on More Settings
- At last, click on Reset app preferences
#Solution 9: Clear app cache of Facebook
Now you might know about cache files and every app you use has its own temporary set of cache files. They stored on time to time and sometimes gets damage. So its better to clear the cache files of the app and this will also help you to ensure whether ‘Unfortunately, Facebook has topped’ error is due to cache files or not.
- First, open Settings > click on Apps
- Click on More settings > Show system apps
- Search for the app and then click on it
- Click on Storage > Clear Cache
- At last, restart your device to see if the problem is resolved or not
#Solution 10: Refresh system cache
The cache partition of device if cleared then also the problem you are coming on your phone will be fixed. Coming across Facebook issue can be fixed by clearing cache partition.
- Switch off your device first
- Then press and hold Volume Up button and Bixby key together after which press and hold Power button
- When you see Android logo on screen then leave the three buttons
- You will get a message “Installing system update” for 30-60 seconds before you get Android system recovery option
- After that, press Volume Down button to select Wipe cache partition and press Power key
- Now with the Volume Down key select Yes and press Power key to choose
- Now reboot your device when wipe cache partition
- At last, restart your device by pressing Power button
#Solution 11: Reset settings on Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
When any kind of bugs occur due to apps then its better to deal with OS directly. For that, you need to reset all settings of your device. May be this process helps to resolve the error you are coming across.
- First, open Settings on your device
- Now click on General management
- Click on Reset
- After that, click on Reset Settings
- Here you have to click RESET SETTINGS button
- At last, Restart your Galaxy S9/S9 Plus and see if the problem is resolved or not
#Solution 12: Reinstall Facebook on your device
Many Android phones come with preinstalled Facebook application as in Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. If the app is already installed on device then don’t follow this process. But when you install the app later on from play store then you should once reinstall the app.
Doing this will help you to solve the problem you are coming across and especially when clearing data or cache does not work then reinstalling Facebook is an effective solution.
#Solution 13: Factory reset your device
This is the last option to deal with the Facebook error. Though this method is not considered in this situation but when nothing works then you should at least try it. Follow the below mentioned steps to factory reset your phone:
One of the best and easiest ways to retrieve lost/deleted data from Android phone after factory reset is by using Android Data Recovery software. It is considered as best because each and every lost data is easily recovered using this program. No matter for whatever reason the data were lost but using this recovery program, all important data are easily retrieved. Simply download the powerful recovery program and get back erased files from Android phone. When you come across Unfortunately, Facebook has Stopped on your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus then you should follow this blog to get out of the situation. Unfortunately Facebook has stopped working is one of the most common error which you face while using Facebook on your Smartphone. The situation gets really annoying when it gets repeated time and again. We have provided you one of the most common reasons and best methods to get rid of this annoying situation. Just need to have patience and follow the procedures given carefully to fix the issue within few minutes. But before fixing this error don’t forget to backup your phone perfectly so as to recover your data easily in case of data loss. If you have any suggestions then don’t forget to drop a comment in the below comment section.
How to get back lost Android data after factory reset
One of the best and easiest ways to retrieve lost/deleted data from Android phone after factory reset is by using Android Data Recovery software. It is considered as best because each and every lost data is easily recovered using this program.
No matter for whatever reason the data were lost but using this recovery program, all important data are easily retrieved. Simply download the powerful recovery program and get back erased files from Android phone.
When you come across Unfortunately, Facebook has Stopped on your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus then you should follow this blog to get out of the situation.
Unfortunately Facebook has stopped working is one of the most common error which you face while using Facebook on your Smartphone. The situation gets really annoying when it gets repeated time and again.
We have provided you one of the most common reasons and best methods to get rid of this annoying situation. Just need to have patience and follow the procedures given carefully to fix the issue within few minutes. But before fixing this error don’t forget to backup your phone perfectly so as to recover your data easily in case of data loss.
If you have any suggestions then don’t forget to drop a comment in the below comment section.