Are you experiencing “Unfortunately, Snapchat has stopped” error or “Snapchat keeps crashing and stopping” on Android phone?
If yes then you are not alone in this situation because numerous users have reported about the same error on their devices.
So, to get rid of such unwanted error on Snapchat, I have assembled few ways to help you out to fix “Unfortunately, Snapchat has stopped” on Android.
We all are familiar with Snapchat app and millions of people around the world use it. Its very much popular among young users. But sometimes, the app shows error messages like “Unfortunately, Snapchat has stopped”.
Now this is a serious issue and coming across it unexpectedly will obviously surprise everyone.
But how to solve it is a big question?
But don’t worry, I have solutions for the above error you are getting, so you can follow those solutions or fixes to troubleshoot the Snapchat app crashing error on Android.
What is the reasons behind this error?
Generally users don’t know why the error occurs but after a deep research, I found that the error popups when users try to login Snapchat and connecting it to server. Even some of them experience it while typing texts, sending snaps or receiving snaps.
Even after updating the app, the chances are there to come across such error. In this situation, Snapchat does not work but losing the streak you are holding can solve but still, its annoying and it need to fix immediately.
Quick fixes to Resolve ‘Unfortunately Snapchat has Stopped’ on Android
Here you will get some of the best fixes to fix Snapchat has stopped on Android. So let’s walk through them one by one and solve Snapchat keeps crashing issues.
Fix 1: Reboot Snapchat app
The very first solution I should recommend to every Snapchat user when they come across such unexpected error is simply restart the app. May be you see Snapchat process is still running but don’t worry, follow the below steps:
- First, open your Snapchat app and choose it
- Even you can go to Settings and then on Apps
- Now choose Snapchat and click on Force Close
- And now, try to open Snapchat again
As I have seen that the app and its process works differently and also the app shuts down but process is seen still in running condition. Due to this, you cannot re-open the app but following the above steps will help you.
Fix 2: Clear Cache and Data of the app
Step 1: First, open Settings and then go to Apps section
Step 2: Then click on More option
Step 3: Now click on Application Administration from list
Step 4: Here you have to choose All Applications
Step 5: After that, list of all apps will be listed, just click Snapchat
Step 6: Here you have to click on Clear Cache and Clear Data
Step 7: And now, Restart the device
Fix 3: Update Snapchat app
Whenever you use any app then make sure you update it on time whenever required. Developers release an update to fix several bugs, so ensure you also update Snapchat app to its latest version.
For this, you need to go to Google Play Store and check the app section if any update is available. If available, then simply click on Update option and if already updated, ignore this step.
Fix 4: Check for OS updates
May be your OS is not upgraded due to which the error you are coming across. So its better to check the OS update once and if available then update it immediately.
- First, switch on Wi-Fi on your phone
- Now go to Settings > About Phone or Software Update
- Check here if any update is available, if yes then click on Update option to update your device immediately and check whether the error is solved or not
Fix 5: Firmware change
Many users love to install a new ROM on their devices but doing this can create several issues and may be some apps are not compatible with it.
So if you have changed the Firmware then do a clear research of ROM and its compatibility with Snapchat app. When the new ROM is not compatible with Snapchat then you should go for an alternative to fix the error.
- 9 Ways To Fix “Unfortunately, Bluetooth Has Stopped” Error On Android
- 6 Top Ways To Fix “Unfortunately, WhatsApp Has Stopped” On Android (2019 Updated)
- 8 Methods To Fix “Unfortunately TouchWiz Has Stopped” Error On Samsung Galaxy (Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e Supported)
- 10 Effective Solutions To Fix “Unfortunately, Instagram Has Stopped” On Android
- 13 Methods to Fix “Unfortunately Facebook Has Stopped” On Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
- [Solved]- How to Fix “Unfortunately, WeChat Has Stopped” on Android
Fix 6: Wipe cache partition
- First, switch off you phone
- Then press and hold Home + Power + Volume up button
- After that, leave Power button but hold down Home + Volume Up buttons
- When you see Android Logo on screen, leave the buttons
- Here use the volume buttons to highlight Wipe cache partition
- Using Power button, select the option
- Then select ‘Yes’ option when poped up in next menu
- And here you have to wait for the entire process to finish. Now select “Restart the system now” and then press Power button to choose it
Fix 7: Reinstall Snapchat
You should reinstall your Snapchat app once when the above fixes don’t work for you. First, uninstall the app and again reinstall it. Doing this can solve the error but it may delete some preferences, so make sure you backed up everything.
After that, follow the below steps:
- First, go to Settings and then Apps
- Choose Snapchat and then Uninstall
- Now go to Google Play and install fresh version of Snapchat app
- Check it once and see whether the app works fine or not
Fix 8: Uninstall the recent installed apps
May be you have installed any new apps on your phone and after that, its misbehaving on your phone. It may be possible because some third party apps sometimes creates a lots of issue.
Due to this, you will not be able to access Snapchat app perfectly. So once you should check if any third party apps is creating the issue and if yes, then uninstall those apps and check whether the same issue is happening again or not.
Fix 9: Reset network settings
Sometimes, whatever current network configuration is on your device, it may show you problem on some apps to access. So it’s a good idea to reset a network settings once. Check out the steps how to do it:
- Go to Settings and then on Apps section
- Now click on General Management > Reset > Reset network settings
- After that, click on Reset settings
- Enter your PIN if you have set up
- And now click on Reset settings.
- When it is finished, confirmation window will appear
Fix 10: Do factory reset of the device
This is the last option left to get rid of unwanted error on Snapchat. But don’t forget that going through this process can wipe away your important files stored on phone, so take a backup of all your crucial stuffs from phone.
No follow the steps below:
- First, switch off your device
- Then press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up button
- When the logo appears, release the Power button but continue to hold Home + Volume Up button
- Here on screen when Android logo occurs, release both the buttons
- Now highlight Factory Reset using Volume down buttons
- And then select it using Power button
- When asked, choose ‘Yes’ option
- After doing this, wait until the process is over. Then highlight “Restart the system now” and press Power button to choose
And that’s done…
Bonus Tip: How to get back deleted data after factory reset Android
You may be thinking how to restore lost data from Android phone after doing factory reset, right? Don’t worry, still the data can be recovered from phone with the help of Android Data Recovery.
This is a third party tool developed for Android users to recover lost/deleted data from Android phone. It is easy to use and retrieves every data like contacts, pictures, documents, audios, videos, call history and more without any backup.
Getting across “Unfortunately, Snapchat has stopped” error on Android is a common thing but users should know how to defend it. In this blog, I have discussed 10 fixes for Snapchat error and hope that following them will help you to deal with the situation.
Further, if you have any questions or queries then don’t forget to mention them in the below comment section.