How would you feel when you lose your PRECIOUS photos from your Android phone?
Android is continuously improving its products and always tries to provide best software to its users. Now the time has come where people cannot live without smartphone’s and having Android OS is one of the top choice of users.
Android devices provide users with several features that is just unbelievable. The mobile phones that comes with Android OS shows how much useful they are for users in their daily life.
Android devices are increasing day by day with vast user supportive and its built in features. Especially the camera that Android devices has is loved by users a lot.
The camera actually works like a digital camera where users just love to capture awesome pictures and memorable moments. Those photos are important for every users and they never want to lose them at any cost.
But what when you lose your precious moments from your Android device? What would your reaction when you come to know that your memorable pictures are deleted from your phone? How to recover the lost photos from Android devices?
To answer all these questions and several other questions, I have come up with this blog where you will read about the reasons behind picture loss and how to restore those memorable moments from Android phone or tablet.
I have gone through several forums and discussion and found that there are several users who have expressed their feelings related to photo loss and wanted to know how to recover them from their phones.
“I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 on Android Oreo 8.0. I deleted a folder called ‘Storage’ from my phone to free up space. Then I realized that the folder had all kinds of information like family pictures. What can I do to recover deleted photos from Android?”
Common reasons that lead to photos loss on Android
There can be several reasons that can make your image loss from Android phone. The fact is that users may feel upset when they come to know that there photos they love are not available on their devices.
They can be recovered but before going to any solutions, you should know the causes that can make your photo loss from Android phone.
- Mistakenly or accidentally deleting files or pictures from device
- Photos disappeared due to ROM flash
- Due to malicious malware attack
- Formatting the entire device and losing the images from it
- Due to factory reset, rooting the device etc
- Photos are inaccessible due to device is water damaged or broken
Why is it possible to get back photos from Android devices?
Everyone wants to know the reason behind recovery of lost photos from Android devices. I would like to say that the deleted photos can be recovered because they are not removed permanently from the device.
You should know that no matter where your data is stored, either on internal storage or external storage, the deleted data is still present but is invisible to users. This also means to many users that the data is no longer available.
But there are possibility to restore the lost photos or other data from Android phone once they are deleted from it.
What are the things to remember to recover lost photos?
Few things required to follow to those users who come across data loss situations.
- The very first thing is that you should stop using your phone immediately when you come to know about the data loss. Don’t do any operation on your phone otherwise it can store any new data on it like photos or videos and the old or deleted data will be overwritten.
- You should turn off your mobile data and Wi-Fi because this can also save any new data on your device making the lost photos not recoverable
- Few users try a photo recovery app to restore the inaccessible photos from Android phone which should not be done.
- Search a powerful recovery software that can restore all missing photos from Android phone as soon as possible
How to recover wiped away photos from Android without Root?
There are several users who thinks that using any app there is a possibility to get back the lost photos from Android without root. But I want to clear you that there is no such way that can help you to get back your deleted photos from Android without root.
Actually the photos get saved on certain system folders that are inaccessible on unrooted devices. They are accessible only when the phone is rooted and after that, users get full access to phone and search for the lost photos.
But if you want your photos back without rooting your device then only backup can help you in this situation. Yes, if you have kept any backup of your missing photos on any storage medium then its possible to get back those with ease.
How to recover permanently deleted photos from Android
Like computer or laptop or iPhone, Android does not have any ‘recycle bin’ option or ‘recent deleted’ folder on the devices. Due to this, users get frustrated of their data loss.
But this does not means that the lost photos cannot be recovered or gone forever. There are ways to recover inaccessible photos from Android with ease.
Let us see what are the methods that can be used to restore deleted photos from Android phone.
Method 1: Retrieve erased photos from Google Photos
There are various storage media where users can save their essential data or files in safe and secure way. So if you have saved your pictures in any cloud storage such as Onedrive, Google Photos or somewhere else then they are easily recovered.
But those photos must be synced to Google Photos using Gmail account and then only the photos can be recovered.
To recover photos from Google photos, follow the below steps:
- First, open Google Photos app and click on ‘Menu’ option
- After that, select ‘Trash’ folder
- Here all the deleted files list will occur. You need to select the photos you want to recover
- At last, click on small arrow button to rescue all the lost photos
Method 2: How to rescue deleted Android photos from Dropbox
Even your images can be saved on Dropbox and it also has a trash folder that saves lost photos for 30 days. So to get back those from Dropbox, follow the steps:
- First, login to Dropbox desktop
- Now go to Files > Deleted files
- Here you have to select the photos that you want to recover
- [Extensive Guide]-Recover Photos From Photo Vault App On Android
- Best Way To Recover Lost Data After Android 8.0 (Oreo) Update
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Android Internal Storage
- Best Way To Restore Lost/Deleted Data From Android Devices
Method 3: Best way to recover permanently deleted pictures from Android
When the above two methods does not work for you or you have not backup any data on cloud storage then you need a photo recovery program to get back all the inaccessible pictures from device. Android Data Recovery is one of the best and most recommended software that easily recovers lost/deleted photos from Android phones.
There is a possibility to get back erased pictures from phone is because this powerful software scans the entire device properly to find out the deleted files and at last, restores them safely without any problem.
Best part is, no matter how the photos or other data are deleted, this program works effectively in every situation allowing you to rescue your precious moments with ease. Not only photos, but other data like contacts, call history, videos, documents, notes, WhatsApp messages, text messages and many others are recoverable.
So this program give users the satisfaction that they want as their permanently removed data is recovered without any difficulty. So now its time to Free Download Android Data Recovery software and restore all inaccessible pictures from Android devices easily.
Follow the below steps to recover permanently removed photos from Android
Step 1. Connect Your Android Phone
First download Android Recovery software and then select “Recover”
Now connect your android device to PC via USB cable. Also be sure you have enabled USB debugging. After your device gets connected, below mentioned image will appear:
Step 2. Select the file types to scan
After your device is connected to PC, Android Recovery software will display data types that it supports. Here you have to select the data types you want to recover.
If your device is rooted then the software will show you two options: Scan deleted files and scan for all files. Here selecting scan for all files will take longer time but will work effectively.
After that click on “Next” to continue the process.
Now it will scan your device to rescue lost data. This will take few minutes.
Step 3. Now preview and recover deleted data
At last when the entire scanning gets over, you have the preview option where you can check which data to recover. Select them and click “Recover” to save all lost data on your PC.
Bonus Tip- How to backup precious photos from Android
It is always advised to create a backup of all your important data and files in safe place so that you don’t have to suffer from any kind of unwanted situations. Backup is one of the best to handle all kind of data loss situations.
To backup all the essential data from your phone:
- First, connect your device to PC via USB cable and copy all the important files or pictures to computer.
- Second, use Google Photos app where users can save unlimited photos without any loss and can easily restore when required. The process is easy to follow, simply go to Settings > Backup & Sync and here you can select how often you want to backup all your photos
- Third, there are other cloud storage space like Google Drive, Dropbox, even several smartphone’s have their own cloud storage like Mi Cloud, Samsung kies, and many others.
Another best way to backup all your important files including photos is by using a professional backup software. Android Data Backup & Restore is one of the powerful software that helps to backup all your essential data or files and restore them when required. This is an easy process to follow without any difficulties.
Photos are important for every Android users and I don’t think, anyone would love to lose those pictures from their phones at any cost. The situation can occur to anyone so it is advised to backup all your crucial stuffs previously in safe place so that you don’t have to search for the recovery ways later on.
In this blog post, I have explained few best ways to retrieve missing pictures from Android phones and wish they will help you to get back all files deleted from your phone.