Today, I am going to tell you about some useful tricks on what to do when your photos disappear from Android gallery and how to restore them.
Did your important photos disappeared from Android gallery?
Looking at how to recover deleted photos from the gallery on Android?
If yes then do read this blog carefully as here you will get the best way to recover deleted photos Android internal storage.
Can Photos Deleted From Gallery Be Recovered?
Yes, there is a possibility to restore gallery photos from Android.
But you might think, how this is possible, right?
What actually happens is whenever your pictures are deleted then they are only disappeared from the gallery but not removed permanently. It means that the photos are still on the device itself.
The space is occupied by the picture is marked as “unused” and any other data can be saved on its place. Once any other data is saved, you will lose the chance to restore gallery photos Android as it will be gone forever.
So to avoid this situation and to successfully recover photos disappeared from gallery on Android, you need should follow some important tips listed below.
Why Do My Pictures Disappeared From My Gallery?
Well, there can be several reasons for disappeared pictures from Gallery on Android.
The common reasons include:
- Accidentally deletion of files
- Not having enough storage space
- Several photos stored on the phone’s internal memory
- Factory reset
- ROM flashing
- Upgrading or downgrading OS on phone
Important Tips To Remember Before Photo Recovery
Before you go for recovering the missing data, you must ensure yourself with the below-mentioned points:
- Stop using your phone immediately after you realize that pictures are disappeared. Further using the device will save new data on it, hence old data will be overwritten and the chance of getting the deleted pictures will come to an end.
- Turn off all mobile data, Wi-Fi, hotspot, Bluetooth and any kind of data connection to avoid downloading of any files to the phone
- Use a powerful Android Photo Recovery tool to recover deleted photos from Android gallery.
Methods To Recover Disappeared Photos From Android Gallery
Now here I am going to show you the best ways to recover photos disappeared from Android gallery. Every possible solution is listed here that will help you to recover permanently deleted photos from Android Gallery effectively.
Method 1: Recover Photos Disappeared From Android Gallery Without Backup
The very first method that I am going to suggest is to use the Android Data Recovery program. This easy to use tool helps to recover deleted photos from Android gallery without backup.
I personally suggest this tool because you don’t have to worry about any backup or why the data were lost. This is because the tool is enough to help you in critical situations. With the use of this powerful recovery program, all your disappeared pictures from the Android gallery will be restored.
Not only photos but other data like contacts, videos, documents, notes, WhatsApp chats, audio files, call logs and other data are also restored using this tool.
So without any delay, simply Download Android Data Recovery program and recover photos from the gallery on Android phones with ease.
Step By Step Guide On How To Restore Pictures From Android Gallery
Step 1: Connect Your Android Phone
First Download Android Data Recovery software and then select “Data Recovery”
Now connect your android device to PC via USB cable. Also, be sure you have enabled USB debugging. When your device connects, you will get the below image:
Step 2: Select the file types to scan
After your device is connected to PC, Android Recovery software will display data types that it supports. Here you have to select the data types you want to recover like Photos.
If your device is rooted then the software will show you two options: Scan deleted files and scan for all files. Here selecting a scan for all files will take a longer time but will work effectively.
After that, click on “Next” to continue the process. This will identify your phone.
Now it will scan your device to rescue lost photos from gallery. This will take a few minutes.
Step 3: Now preview and recover deleted data
At last, when the entire scanning gets over, you have the preview option where you can check which data to recover. Select the photos and click “Recover” to save all lost data on your PC
Method 2: View Android Photos Disappeared From Gallery
Once your photos disappeared from the Android phone in the gallery, the simple way to restore them is from the phone’s cache. Due to the corrupt process or due to sudden malfunction, the images disappear.
So here is how to fix it:
- First, pull down the notification bar and tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner or you can tap on menu settings
- Now go to Application Management that you can also get in memory or in the main menu
- After you go to “Application Management”, move down unless you get the “Gallery” app on your phone and then tap on it
- Next, forced shutdown gallery and press on “Clear Cache”
- Now move down to the main screen and close all background app > restart your phone
And that’s done, now all your photos disappeared from Android gallery will be visible. This method is simple to recover missing pictures from gallery.
If this method does not work for you then try the next method.
Method 3: How To Restore Gallery Photos On Android From “.Nomedia” Folder?
After your photos from the Android gallery disappears, you can get them from a folder named “.nomedia”. This is a blank folder and if any photos are stored on this folder then the Gallery app will not scan the images from here. This is a common thing in Linux based systems.
And here is what you have to do. Go to the file manager and look for a folder containing .nomedia file. After you found it, delete it or just rename the file. After that, restart your phone and you will get back your Android photos disappeared from Gallery.
Method 4: Get Back Your Pictures In Google Drive
Before you assume that everything is gone, just check your Google Drive once. It is one of the best storage features where users can store data up to 15GB.
So if your deleted files are on Google Drive then below steps are for you:
- First, open Google Drive app on your phone or you can also visit https://www.google.com/drive/ on any browser on a computer
- Now sign in with your ID and password and remember to use the same email address you have used to back up photos
- Now choose the images from the menu. You have to click on the Menu option to access and after that, you can easily recover deleted photos from Android gallery.
Method 5: Recover Deleted Android Gallery Photos From Google Photos
Google Photo is also one of the useful app especially when any pictures are deleted. Many users want to know how to recover permanently deleted photos from Google photos, for them here are the steps mentioned:
- First, go to Google Photos app on your phone and click on three lines at the top left corner
- Then choose “Trash” option
- Here you will get the deleted images
- Select the ones you want to recover and tap on the “Restore” option
Now all your pictures will be restored to its desired location.
Method 6: How To Recover Deleted Photos From Gallery Android Using Local Backup?
Nowadays, your Android devices are coming with in-built local backup where all your data can be stored safely. If you have used this local backup to backup all your data like photos then it’s easy to restore them.
Here are the steps of local backup of LG Android phone and similar to that, other manufacturers have the same:
- First, go to Settings on your phone
- Then click on “Backup & Reset” > and then on “LG Backup Service”
- After that, click on “Backup & Restore” > then “Restore from Backup”
- At last, choose the latest backup file and click on “Restore” to restore gallery photos.
Similarly, other manufacturers also have the steps to follow:
On Xiaomi Redmi phones:
Go to Settings> Additional Settings> Backup & reset
On Samsung phones:
Go to Settings> Cloud & Accounts> Backup & restore
In this blog, I have discussed several but very important methods of how to recover deleted photos from the gallery on Android. I hope that if you come across important pictures loss from the gallery then using these methods will help you to get them back. For quick recovery of lost gallery photos, I recommend you to go for Android Data Recovery.
Further, if you have any suggestions or queries then don’t forget to drop them in below comment section.