Did you accidentally delete your PRECIOUS PHOTOS from the Google Photos app? Wondering how to recover permanently deleted photos from Google photos?
If yes then read this blog carefully as it will completely guide you in recovering permanently deleted photos from Google photos.
Google Photos app is one of the popular apps where your essential pictures are stored. But sometimes, the pictures are deleted sometimes due to several reasons and users don’t know how to retrieve them.
It’s a common thing to come across data loss situations on our Android phones but when a loss happens from the Google Photos app then it’s really depressing.
But after reading this blog, I am sure that whatever you are looking for, you will get here. And following the recovery methods will surely help to retrieve deleted photos from Google Photos.
- Best Way To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos
- Recover Deleted Photos From Google Photos On Android From Trash Folder
- How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos iPhone
- Retrieve Deleted Google Photos On Computer
- Contact Google Support To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos
Can I Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos?
Yes, the deleted photos from Google Photos can be recovered.
But do remember that those disappeared pictures will be invisible in the Google Photos app unless you have the option to recover them.
See below why you can get back deleted photos from Google Photos app:
- When any pictures are deleted from the app moves to Trash. In this folder, the photos remain for 60 days and after this, they are removed automatically. So those users who want to know how to recover permanently deleted files from Google photos can go to the Trash folder.
- When your important photos are deleted from Android phones then also you can get back those missing pictures. This is because photos are not permanently removed from the phone. Unless you store any other data on your phone, you can easily recover permanently deleted photos from Android phone by using a recovery tool like Android Phone Recovery.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Pictures From Google Photos?
Now, it’s time to check out the methods to recover permanently deleted photos from Google photos Android.
So let’s read further…
Method 1: Best Way To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos (Suggested)
For those users who are looking for how do I recover permanently deleted photos from Android, then I will simply suggest using Android Data Recovery software. This professional recovery tool helps you to retrieve disappeared photos from Google Photos. This easy-to-use tool helps to recover Google photos after 60 days as well.
The recovery process is very easy and using this tool, not only photos are recovered but other data like contacts, videos, documents, WhatsApp chats, music, text messages, notes, call logs, etc are also restored. No matter whatever reasons the pictures are missing but this powerful tool helps in recovering permanently deleted photos from Google photos.
So without any worry, just Download Android Data Recovery and recover permanently deleted photos from Google Photos in Android.
Follow the complete user guide on how to use Android Data Recovery software effectively.
The best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from Android phones. Some unique features include:
- Directly recover several data types like photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover lost data in any critical situation like a broken screen, accidental, unintentional, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Provides one-click option to "Recover" deleted files without backup
Method 2: Recover Deleted Photos From Google Photos On Android From Trash Folder
Earlier I told you that when photos are deleted from Google Photos then they move to the Trash folder. But remember that you can restore photos before 60 days as till that time only the data remains there.
Here are the steps on how to recover permanently deleted photos from Google photos:
- First, open Google Photos app on your phone
- Then on the top-left corner, tap on 3 horizontal menus> choose the Trash option
- Now move to all deleted photos and select your deleted ones
- After you have selected your photos by clicking and holding the picture, tap on the Restore option
- By doing this, your deleted photos will be restored to the desired folder from where it was deleted
Method 3: How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos iPhone
If you are an iPhone/iPad user and looking at how to recover permanently deleted photos from google photos iPhone then the below steps will help you.
- First, open Google Photos on your iPhone > click on the hamburger icon from the left and choose the Bin option
- Then, click on the horizontal three-dot icon from the top right > click on Select
- From here, select the photos > click on Restore
- And now, all your photos will appear once again in the library
Method 4: Retrieve Deleted Google Photos On Computer
Even you can get back deleted photos from Google photos via PC. You can visit its Trash folder and restore the items.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, open photos.google.com on a PC
- Then click on the menu option as shown below
- Now, choose “Trash” from the available option as shown below
- Here you will see the erased photos, select the ones you wish to recover. Once you select the photos, you will see the button color change. Either select a few of them or select all as per your need.
- Next, click on the Restore option that you get after selecting the items. Doing this will retrieve every Google Photo in the same folder from where it was deleted.
Method 5: Contact Google Support To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos
It happens many times that we don’t realize the deleted photo and 60 days are passed. Or maybe you have deleted the pictures from the Trash folder on Google Photos.
In such kinds of situations, you have the best option and that is by contacting Google support. But this will only work when you have enabled cloud backup for Google Photos. This is also true that many users don’t use Google Photos backup.
The below-mentioned steps are on how to contact Google Support when you have lost important photos from the Google Photo app and you have enabled cloud backup for the app.
- First, go to the Google Drive support center as given below:
- Now under all options > tap on the Google Drive button
- After this, you will get a list of options as shown below. Simply tap on “Organize and find your files”
- Here you will get an option to call a drive specialist. Tap on it and allow the specialist to know what you are looking for exactly. After this only, they will help you out.
- Here it’s important as I have told you earlier that you have to turn on the Google backup feature for further work
It is important for you to understand here that a limit is there to what the experts can do in restoring the lost files. They do not guarantee any kind of success but you should try it once.
Are deleted photos really deleted?
When your photos are deleted accidentally or unintentionally from the phone, then it's actually not deleted permanently. They are not visible as they get hidden and create a new space for other data to save. To recover those pictures, you should use a recovery program to get back deleted photos from Google Photos.
How Do I Download All Photos from Google Photos?
To download the photos from Google Photos, check the below steps:
- First, go to photos.google.com on your PC/phone
- Then, select all photos from the folder
- Next, click on the More option
- And finally, tap on the Download option
Is it safe to keep photos in Google Photos?
Yes, it's completely safe to keep all photos on Google Photos. It's a cloud where your photos are secured as Google also knows the security of the data. Even you can access them anytime from anywhere and don’t worry about data loss. When you delete the photos, Google support is always there to help you.
Where do permanently deleted photos go?
Well, after photos are deleted, they are still available in the device itself in hidden form. The phone does not have a recycle bin so your photos are in the internal storage of your device. You can get them back with the use of powerful recovery software only when they are not overwritten with other data.
Google Photos is a popular cloud feature that helps users to store all pictures from an Android phone. Nobody wants to lose their essential pictures from the phone captured on any occasion but unfortunately, some mistakes occur that lead to photo loss.
However, here in this blog I have clearly discussed how to recover permanently deleted photos from Google Photos, and hope this will help you to deal with such a situation.
Further, if you have any suggestions or queries then kindly mention them in below comment section.
Harry Jhonson is a technical writer and has experience of 10 years in SEO. He gathers effective solutions to deal with all problems like data recovery, errors, and others related to Android & iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) devices.