This article will help you to know some of the best ways on how to recover permanently deleted photos from Google Photos.
Google Photos app is one of the popular apps where your essential pictures are stored.
But did you ever come across a situation where your important photos from Google Photos app are deleted?
It’s a common thing to come across data loss situations on our Android phone but when a loss happens from Google Photos app then it’s really depressing.
You never expect such an incident on your phone but when it happens then how to deal with it and how to recover permanently deleted photos from Google Photos on Android/iPhone is really scary.
But after reading this blog, I am sure that whatever you are looking for, you will get here. And following the recovery methods will surely help to retrieve deleted photos from Google Photos.
The best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from Android phones. Some unique features include:
- Directly recover several data types like photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes etc.
- Recover lost data in any critical situation like accidental, unintentional, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Provides one-click option to “Recover” deleted files without backup
- Best Way To Recover Permanently Deleted Files From Google Photos
- Recover Deleted Photos From Google Photos On Android From Trash Folder
- How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos iPhone
- Retrieve Deleted Google Photos On Computer
- Contact Google Support To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos
Can I Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos
Yes, the deleted photos from the Google Photos app will be recovered.
But do remember that those disappeared pictures will be invisible in Google Photos app, still, you have the option to recover.
See below why you can get back deleted photos from Google Photos app:
- When any pictures are deleted from the app then it moves to Trash. In this folder, the photos remain for 60 days and after this, they are removed automatically. So those users who want to know how to recover permanently deleted files from Google photos, they can go to the Trash folder.
- When your important photos are deleted from Android phones then also you can get back those missing pictures. This is because photos are not permanently removed from the phone. Unless you store any other data to your phone, you can easily recover permanently deleted photos from Android phone by using a recovery tool.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Files From Google Photos
Now, its time to check out the methods recover permanently deleted photos from Google photos Android/iPhone.
So let’s read further…
Method 1: Best Way To Recover Permanently Deleted Files From Google Photos
Those users who are looking for how do I recover permanently deleted photos from Android, for them I will simply suggest to use Android Data Recovery software. This professional recovery tool helps you to retrieve disappeared photos from Google Photos. This easy to use tool helps to recover Google photos after 60 days.
The recovery process is very easy and using this tool, not only photos are recovered but other data like contacts, videos, documents, notes, call logs, etc are also restored.
So without any worry, just Download Android Data Recovery and recover permanently deleted photos from Google Photos in Android.
Method 2: Recover Deleted Photos From Google Photos On Android From Trash Folder
Earlier I have told that when photos are deleted from Google Photos then they move to the Trash folder. But remember that you can restore photos before 60 days as till that time only the data remains there.
Here are the steps on how to recover permanently deleted photos from Google photos:
Follow the steps:
- First, open Google Photos app on your phone
- Then on top-left corner, tap on 3 horizontal menu > choose Trash option
- Now move to all deleted photos and select your deleted ones
- After you have selected your photos by clicking and holding the picture, tap on Restore option
- Doing this, your deleted photos will be restored to the desired folder from where it was deleted
Method 3: How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos iPhone
If you are an iPhone/iPad user and looking to get deleted photos from Google photos then the below steps will help you.
- First, open Google Photos on your iPhone > click on hamburger icon from left and choose Bin option
- Then, click on horizontal three-dot icon from top right > click on Select
- From here, select the photos > click on Restore
- And now, all your photos will appear once again to the library
Method 4: Retrieve Deleted Google Photos On Computer
Even you can get back deleted photos from Google photos via PC. You can visit its Trash folder and restore the items.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, open google.com on PC
- Then click on Menu option as shown below
- Now, choose “Trash” from the available option as shown below
- Here you will see the erased photos, select the ones you wish to recover. Once you select the photos, you will see the button color changes. Either select a few of them or select all as per your need.
- Next, click on the Restore option that you get after selecting the items. Doing this will retrieve every Google Photos in the same folder from where it was deleted.
Method 5: Contact Google Support To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos
It happens many times that we don’t realize of the deleted photo and 60 days are passed. Or maybe you have deleted the pictures from the Trash folder on Google Photos.
In such kind of situations, you have the best option and that is by contacting Google support.
But this will only work when you have enabled cloud backup for Google Photos. This is also true that many users don’t use Google Photos backup.
The below-mentioned steps are on how to contact Google Support when you have lost important photos from the Google Photo app and you have enabled cloud backup for the app.
- First, go to Google Drive support center as given below:
- Now under all options > tap on Google Drive button
- After this, you will get a list of options as shown below. Simply tap on “Organize and find your files”
- Here you will get an option to call drive specialist. Tap on it and allow the specialist to know what you are looking exactly. After this only, they will help you out.
- Here it’s important as I have told earlier that you have to turn on Google backup feature for further work
It is important for you to understand here that a limit is there for the experts can do in restoring the lost files. They do not guarantee any kind of success but you should try it once.
Are deleted photos really deleted?
When your photos are deleted accidentally or unintentionally from the phone, then its actually not deleted permanently. They are not visible as they get hidden and create a new space for other data to save. To recover those pictures, you should use a recovery program to get back deleted photos from Google photos.
How Do I Download All Photos from Google Photos?
To download the photos from Google Photos, check the below steps:
- First, go to google.com on PC/phone
- Then, select all photos from the folder
- Next, click on More option
- And finally, tap on Download option
Is it safe to keep photos in Google Photos?
Yes, it's completely safe to keep all photos on Google Photos. It's a cloud where your photos are secured as Google also knows the security of the data. Even you can access them anytime from anywhere and don’t worry about data loss. When you delete the photos, Google support is always there to help you.
Where do permanently deleted photos go?
Well, after photos are deleted, they are still available in the device itself in hidden form. The phone does not have a recycle bin so your photos are on the internal storage of your device. You can get them back with the use of powerful recovery software only when they are not overwritten with other data.
Google Photos is a popular cloud feature that helps users to store all pictures from an Android phone. Nobody wants to lose their essential pictures from the phone captured on any occasion but unfortunately, some mistakes occur that lead to photo loss.
However, here in this blog I have clearly discussed how to recover permanently deleted photos from Google Photos and hope this will help you to deal with such a situation.
Further, if you have any suggestions or queries then kindly mention them in below comment section.