Nowadays if you see then Android devices are coming with more advanced technology and AMAZING features that are just grabbing attention of millions of people. Compared to older days, now we have more RAM, more space that we can see in laptops.
In fact, what laptop or PC can do, all those works can also be done on our Smartphones. Users can enjoy TREMENDOUS games on their phones and can always active on social media, people can get in touch with one another in just a second with video calls and many more.
But at the same, time, there are problems too. Yes, the apps installed on your phone may sometimes make you suffer that are not even fixed from your side.
In such situation, Android users come across a messages stating “Android apps keeps closing unexpectedly”.
So after going through the same situation, I have decided to help other people and for them as well for you, in this blog I will give you some helpful ideas to fix Android apps keeps closing unexpectedly on Android phone.
But before that, let us know something more about apps keep crashing issue on Android phone.
About Android apps keep crashing issue
Apps crashing Android or Android apps keeps closing automatically is a serious issue that is faced by lots of people. Though the fact cannot be ignored that Android OS is the best and excellent to use because it has lots of amazing features that attracts users.
Google Play Store has millions of apps from where users can easily download, install and access those apps with ease. The apps runs on Android platform but many users complain that the apps are crashing frequently or closing unexpectedly.
This is a big issue and it should be resolved ASAP so that you as well as other users don’t have to face an unwanted situation.
When you come across such unwanted error like Android apps keep crashing then you should use Android System Repair. An incredible tool that fixes several Android issues along with Apps crashing problem.
Tutorial on how to fix Android App Keeps Crashing issue
Step 1: Connect your Android device
After you install the Android System Repair, search for “Repair” option and tap on it
Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable and then tap on “Android Repair” among 3 choice
Here in device information screen, choose correct brand, model, name, country/region and carrier details. After that, confirm warning message and tap on “Next”
This will erase all data on your device. Type “000000” to confirm and then proceed
NOTE– It is recommended to backup all your Android data before you select repair option for Android
Step 2: Repair Android device in Download mode
Before you proceed to repair mode, it is important to boot Android phone in Download Mode. Below are the steps to boot Android phone in DFU mode.
For a device with Home button:
- First, switch off your phone or tablet
- Now press and hold Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons for 5s to 10s
- After that, release all the buttons, and then press Volume Up button to enter the Download mode
For a device with no Home button:
- First, switch off the Android device
- Now, press and hold the Volume Down, Bixby, and Power buttons for 5s to 10s
- At last, release all the buttons, and then press Volume Up button to enter the Download mode
Now tap on “Next” button and program will begin downloading firmware
As soon as downloading and verifying the firmware is over, the program will start repairing your Android phone automatically
At last, all the issues on your Android phone will be resolved now
Reasons behind Android Apps Keep Crashing
Well, there are few reasons that can make you suffer from apps crashing issue on Android phone. Some of them includes:
- You might have updated your devices but not updated the apps you have installed on your phone
- Some apps works on powerful network so it might be due to low network area
- Low storage space is yet another common reason that can lead to apps crashing problem.
- Several others…
Now after knowing the reasons behind the issue, you should know focus on the solutions that will help you to get rid of the problem.
So let us begin with the solutions one by one.
How to fix Android app keeps crashing issue
Method 1: Restart your device
This is the very first method that users should do without thinking much. Generally, it is assumed that restarting the phone may solve several small problems and this process has helped several users also. So apply this method by simply pressing Power button for 2-3 seconds.
Now you will get an option to “Restart”, select it and wait for few seconds. After your phone starts again, launch the app and check whether the app crashing issue is solved or not.
If not, then move to next methods.
Method 2: Clear app cache
The other reason behind app crashing issue is because of corrupt cache or cache space problem. You might know that the app you use daily save some of its data using cache memory. Continuously, using the app stores lots of cache data, which in return lead to several problems.
But clearing the cache of the apps can definitely solve the issue and you can get rid of app crashing problem on your phone.
So lets follow the steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps section > click on Apps
- Here you will get a list of apps, select the app you want to clear cache and click on it
- Now you will get CLEAR CACHE button, simply tap on it
At last, reboot your phone and hopefully, the issue will be resolved.
Method 3: Free up some space on Android
As I have already mentioned that low storage can be the reason for app closing issue on Android, so you should free up some space on your phone to make your apps run properly. Remove the apps or data that you don’t want to you use them rarely.
Even if possible then you can save your data or apps on SD card and this will make some free space on Android internal memory.
If you want to move apps to SD card then go to Settings > Application Manager. There you have to select the app that you want to move and then tap on “Move to SD Card”.
Method 4: Update the app causing problem
When your app is not updated to its latest version then it might show you error on accessing it. Remember that the apps which you are accessing daily and important for you, always make them updated to prevent from any kind of unwanted issue.
Older version of apps might show you crashing or closing the apps as it lacks performance capabilities. So follow the below steps to update the apps:
- First, go to Google Play Store
- Now click on menu icon on left side
- Click on My Apps and games
- Here you have to select the apps that causing problem and it needs to be updated
- Now click on Update if any update is available and it will be install the latest version of that particular app
Method 5: Reinstall the app
Yes, this is yet another solution to get rid of app crashing issue. Many times, the app you have installed on your phone does not installed properly and hence you may come across app error.
So you should fully download the app you wish from Play store and only use it when the app is successfully installed on your device.
Uninstall the app by going to Settings > Application Manager or Apps > select the App you want to uninstall
After that, whatever options you get, tap on Uninstall and the app will be deleted. Wait for some time and reinstall the app again from Google play store. Search the app, tap on Install or the easiest way to find the app is by going to “My Apps and games” section on Play store.
Method 6: Clear App data
This solution is almost same as the clearing app cache. Here the difference is that clearing app data will end up losing all app configurations. But this option is also helpful to solve app crashing continuously on Android phone.
- Go to Settings > click on Apps
- Now, search and click on the particular app
- Click on Storage menu and search for Clear App Data option and then click on it
Method 7: Optimize internet connection
Poor connection is also one of the common reasons for app crashing issue so one should remember to have a proper and stable network connection. If you are using mobile data then turn to WI-Fi to use the app.
If the problem continues then follow the steps:
- Turn off mobile data/Wi-Fi router for at least 10 minutes
- Now restart your phone
- Turn on mobile data or Wi-Fi router and then connect to Wi-Fi now
- You may also use some other network connection if the crashing continues
If this step also fails to solve your problem then move to next method.
- 11 Methods To Fix ‘Unfortunately, Contacts has Stopped’ Error on Android
- [SOLVED]-How to Fix “process com.google.process.gapps has stopped” On Android
- Android Update Failed To Install Android Pie- Here is How To Fix?
Method 8: Uninstall unused apps
Generally, we install lots of apps but we don’t use them all. It means they are unnecessary apps that are not needed and at the same time, they are also taking space. If by chance, any of the apps develop a bug then you cannot imagine what problem you can come across.
So all in whole, simple solution is to uninstall all the unused apps from your phone and free up storage space as well as crashing problem on Android.
Steps are mentioned to uninstall the unwanted apps:
- Click on Settings on your phone and then on Apps section
- Now find the apps that you don’t use and click on it
- After clicking, you will see an option “Uninstall” or “Disable”
Tap on Uninstall option and then restart your device once. Now check whether app closing unexpectedly problem is solved or not.
Method 9: Wipe Cache Partition
When the above steps don’t work for you then I would suggest you to use the option “Wipe cache partition”. This method can really help you to get rid of the error you are coming across. However, before proceeding further, remember that different devices have different process to wipe cache partition.
So, its time to follow the below steps to wipe cache partition.
- First switch off your Android phone
- Now press and hold Power key with Volume key
- You will get a menu on screen that you have to follow to get into recovery mode
- When you enter Recovery Mode, select Wipe Cache Partition option using volume keys and then select it using Power button
- At last, confirm the selection and Restart your phone
Method 10: Do Factory reset
This is the last option for you and I think it is one of the life saving method to apply when you don’t get any way to solve apps crashing issue on Android.
But don’t forget that factory reset deletes all your data from your phone, so whenever you want to do factory reset, kindly backup all important data or files in safe place.
Now, follow the steps to do factory reset:
- Go to Settings and select “Backup & Reset”
- After that, you will get ‘Factory data reset’. Select it and then select ‘Reset device’ just to confirm the process
This method works effectively and will help you to get rid of “Apps keeps closing unexpectedly” on Android phone.
After doing this method, many users was seen to find out their important data on their phone which was deleted due to factory reset. In this condition, you can still recover lost data from Android phone using a recovery tool like Android Data Recovery.
This is one and only software program that easily retrieves lost/deleted files from Android without any backup. It supports every Android phones and OS, so there is no need to worry about any data loss from your phone.
At last, I want to only say that the apps freezing or crashing issue is a common issue faced by several users. But you can relax now as I have gathered some possible solutions for you and mentioned in this blog. I hope trying all the methods will surely help anyone suffering from such unexpected apps crashing problem.
If you like this blog, then don’t forget to drop a comment in the below comment section.