Did you get troubled with an error message on your phone’s screen that states “s10 moisture detected” or “s10e moisture detected”?
Worried why such kind of error occurs and how to bypass moisture detected S10 phone?
These days if you look at the Smartphones then almost all are coming with waterproof designs. Recently Samsung has launched its new flagship smartphones named as Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e and they are water resistance devices.
These devices will be safe when a tiny amount of water is dipped on it. When the phone gets wet then all you need to do is to wipe out the water from it. But there are still some chances to get you in trouble with your phone and that is all because of “moisture detected”.
Many users have reported that their Galaxy devices especially Galaxy S10 have thrown an error message of “Moisture detected S10”. If this error occurs then it will not allow you to charge your device via USB port and this is a big problem.
So I have come up with some of the best ways to bypass moisture detected S10 problems on Samsung Galaxy devices in this blog.
- Best Way To Get Rid Of Moisture Detected S10/S10+/S10e Phone
- Check your device is actually wet?
- Switch off the phone and charge it
- Ensure your phone is not a liquid damage
- Dry the wet port using a hairdryer
- Clear data of USB Settings service
- Use wireless charging
- Use a computer to charge your phone
- Avoid ‘moisture detected’ warning
- Restart your device in Safe Mode
- Change charging cable
- Put Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e in rice bag
- Do factory reset of your phone
- Bonus Tip- How to recover lost data after factory reset on Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e
What reasons lead to Moisture in Galaxy phones?
The best part of water resistance phones is that not even a tiny drop of water will enter into the internal part of the device and can damage it. But other parts of the phone like charging port, headphone jacks, USB port have a chance to get dipped in water or can show the error on the phone.
When moisture gathers in the charging port then the contact point gets damage and it stops the phone to charge and the damage will be long term.
In fact, several users have reported that their phone is not water damage but still they face moisture issues. This is because if you live a humid area then moisture in air damages the charging port. Even the charging cable can be the fault.
How to fix “Moisture detected S10, S10+, S10e” error on Galaxy devices?
After knowing the causes behind moisture detected issue, now it’s time to check out some of the best ways to bypass moisture detected s10 error.
Follow the below solutions selectively and see which one works for you.
Method 1: Best Way To Get Rid Of Moisture Detected S10/S10+/S10e Phone
The very first method that I am going to suggest you to fix Galaxy S10 moisture detected error is using Android Repair. This is a unique and amazing tool that helps to bypass moisture detected S10, S10+, and S10e Galaxy phones. The tool is easy to use and it can solve any kind of issues or errors on Android and Samsung phones.
It can work effectively in any Android phone without any further issues. It has resolved other Android errors as well as Android apps keep crashing, Android Setting has stopped, Android stuck on black screen, etc.
So simply Download Android Repair software and fix Galaxy S10 moisture detected error with ease.
Method 2: Check your device is actually wet
Samsung Galaxy phones come with “Moisture detected” indication and it occurs when the charging port becomes wet. So if you are getting the error then it may be because you have used your phone in wet or humid condition.
So you first need to dry your phone completely. After this, check whether the charging port is free of moisture or not. When your device port is wet then the Galaxy phone will give you enough warning of it. In fact, if you try to connect your device then an alarm will tell you to disconnect your phone.
It means that your phone still needs to dry. When the temperature becomes normal then whatever water remains in the device will evaporate within hours. Even you can use a soft cloth to dry the port fast.
Method 3: Switch off the phone and charge it
Another important and easy solution to fix the ‘Moisture detected’ issue on Galaxy S10 is by switching off the phone and then charge it. Basically the battery needs to be checked properly to fix the issue but when your device doesn’t have any power left then you will not be able to do anything.
But going through this process will be easy to charge your phone as well as it will also bypass the error messages because unless you turn on your phone, you will not see the error message.
Method 4: Ensure your phone is not a liquid damage
In this, you have to check Liquid Damage indicator. For that, you have to follow the below steps:
Step 1: First, remove the SIM card tray and then search for a small sticker in the SIM slot
Step 2: If the sticker is white then the phone is completely safe from liquid damage. But when the sticker becomes red, pink, or purple then ensure your phone has got liquid damage.
In this condition, you have to take your phone to the service center.
Method 5: Dry the wet port using a hairdryer
A hairdryer can help you to tackle the situation better because it can dry the wet part from the port. The thing is not going to be easy but you can bypass moisture detected S10 via hairdryer.
Remember to keep the temperature low of the hairdryer as you have to think of the port as well. It’s better to keep the level to 1 or 2 so that only moisture gets dry. You can use it for 2-3 minutes and after that, take a dry cloth to wipe the moisture if possible.
Method 6: Clear data of USB Settings service
In many cases, the error is not because of hardware-related but a problem with a USB port. However, this type of case is rare and the factory reset has helped it.
But to get out of the situation, you can simply clear the data of the USB settings app and check if it helps to solve the error.
- First from Home screen, move to left empty spot to open Apps try
- Now click on Settings > Apps
- Here you have to find and click USB Settings and then tap on Storage
- At last, you have to click on Clear data and after that, press OK
Method 7: Use wireless charging
Though this is not a permanent fix but it’s a way to handle the situation for that time. You can make a way to charge your phone at least. Charging your phone wirelessly will not show the error ‘S10e Moisture detected’.
Going through this process will charge your phone and also one of the best ways to get rid of the error.
Method 8: Use a computer to charge your phone
Even computers can help you to charge your phone and you might know this. When you get “moisture detected s10” error message on Samsung Galaxy then make use of USB cable of the phone and connect it to PC/laptop.
Though the process will be very slow and many users don’t want to take risks of this method. This is because when the port is wet then charging phones via the computer can make the situation even worse.
Method 9: Avoid ‘moisture detected’ warning
Before doing this process, ensure your device is not suffering from any kind of liquid damage, and the charging port is completely clean and dry. Try to bypass the error and charge your phone completely by following the steps below:
- First, plug your charger to the wall outlet
- Now connect another end of the cable to the charger and another one to phone
- You will see the warning message immediately when the phone is connected and charging process will pause
- At this moment, reboot your phone and leave your device connected to the charger
- Doing this will allow your phone to charge without any problem after reboot
Method 10: Restart your device in Safe Mode
Several times the error message occurs after you install any app and if it happens then the app is obviously the reason for it. In case you know the app then remove it immediately.
But when you don’t know which app is creating a problem, in that case you have to restart your phone in a safe mode. Going through it will disable every third party apps and only the pre-installed app will remain.
If your Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e charges well in safe mode then ensure any app is the problem. So follow the below steps to restart your device in safe mode:
- First, switch off your device and press and hold Power button
- Once “SAMSUNG” occurs on screen, leave the Power key
- Quickly after leaving Power button, press and hold Volume Down key
- Now continue pressing the key until phone complete finishing
- Here you will see Safe Mode in the bottom left corner
- Now leave the Volume Down key
- Here in Safe Mode, try to charge your phone for at least 30 minutes and check
Method 11: Change charging cable
Many times, the charger you are using may become damage and it might lead to such error. Even if your cable is in contact with any kind of liquid then ensure you clean it before connecting. Use cotton cloth or other things that can clean the wet part effectively.
If still the problem exists then replace your charging cable to avoid any kind of severe damage for the long term.
Method 12: Put Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e in rice bag
Now the place you live in has more moisture in the atmosphere then its obvious to face such an issue commonly. In that case, putting your phone in a rice bag or in silica gel will work. When your phone is wet then keep it for 5-6 hours in a rice bag.
This technique will work for you as it all the moisture will suck from everywhere of the phone. And this will help you not to face any kind of moisture issue on Galaxy phones in the future again.
Method 13: Do factory reset of your phone
Doing a factory reset is not the perfect solution as it erases the data stored on the device, but previously some Galaxy devices require a factory reset to solve moisture detected error. When all the above solutions do not work for you then doing a factory reset is the last option left.
But doing factory settings is of two types on Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e. Follow them one by one:
Part 1: Do factory reset of Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e using the Settings menu
- First, you have to create a backup of all important data and remove Google account
- Now open the Settings app on phone
- After that, move down and click on General Management
- Here you have to click on Reset
- Choose Factory data reset from options given
- After reading the information, click on Reset option continue
- At last, click on Delete All option to confirm
Part 2: How to do a factory reset using hardware buttons
- First, create a backup of all your data in a safe place and if you want to remove Google account then do it
- Now switch off your device to put your phone in Recovery mode
- Then press and hold Volume Up + Power + Bixby button together
- After the device vibrates then release Power button
- Here screen menu will occur and you have released the other keys as well
- Now use the Volume Down button unless you get the “Delete all user data’ option. To select it, press the Power button
- Now press the Power button again to choose Yes- delete all user data
- Again press the Power button to highlight and then choose Reboot option
Bonus Tip- How to recover lost data after factory reset on Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e
It’s obvious that data will get lost while doing the factory reset your phone. And this is also true that many of the users will not create a backup of their user data and later on want those contents backup.
In such situations, there is a possibility to get back lost data from Android phone after factory reset by using Android Data Recovery. This is a professional tool recommended by many software specialists to retrieve missing files from Android phone.
Whatever data you have lost is easily recovered like contacts, SMS, photos, videos, call logs, notes, and several others.
There can be several issues users can face while accessing their phones. However, Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e might throw an error “moisture detected” on your device but there is nothing to get worried off.
This blog completely describes how to fix ‘Moisture detected’ bug on Samsung devices and I hope following the above methods will surely help you to get rid of the problem.