Have you come across the Samsung black screen of death error? Worried about why my phone is on but the screen is black on Samsung? Looking for some best ways to get rid of the Samsung black screen of death error message?
If Yes is your answer, then I suggest you read this blog completely without any PANIC…
Many users have reported that the Samsung phone stuck on black screen issue as they were not able to access the device. However, this is a big issue for Galaxy users as they are not aware of such issues.
But there is nothing to worry about as in this article, I have mentioned some best ways how to fix Samsung black screen of death error message.
So let’s read further.
Why is My Samsung Phone Stuck At Black Screen?
Well, there can be several reasons behind the Samsung Galaxy black screen issue. Here I have mentioned a few common causes behind the error.
System crash– Sometimes the issue can be due to a system crash because of low memory or some others.
Battery runs out- Battery draining issue is also one of the common reasons for the Samsung a51 black screen of death. It means that battery problems can lead to such an issue
Old software– If your phone is not updated to the latest OS then it is the culprit for the black screen. Using an older version of the OS can make you suffer from such unwanted issues.
Performance issue– If you are using your device for a long time then its performance degrades. Hence Samsung phone can stuck or freezes on a black screen
Low memory– Less or insufficient memory is also one of the common issues for Samsung’s black screen. Less storage space can really be hard to access the apps smoothly
Hardware issue– Hardware issues can also lead to the Samsung screen is black.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Stuck On Black Screen Of Death Issue?
Now, it’s time to walk through the methods for Samsung black screen of death fix. Hopefully, the methods will allow you to get rid of the error message quickly.
So let’s move ahead…
Method 1: One Click To Fix Samsung Black Screen Of Death (BSOD) (Recommended)
Android Repair is one of the best and highly recommended tools to fix Samsung Galaxy black screen of death issue. It’s already known that the black screen issue on Samsung is because of software problems, so here using this software is very useful.
This amazing software will get back your Samsung phone to normal. The tool not only allows to fix Samsung black screen of death issue but also solves other errors as well like Samsung phone freezing, Moisture detected error, Samsung stuck on downloading, Samsung stuck on Odin mode, Samsung stuck on Samsung logo, Android app keeps crashing, and others.
This tool is easy to use and supports every Samsung Galaxy device like S23/S22/S21/S20/S11/S10/S9/S8/S7/S6/S5, A8/A7/A6/A5/A3, J8/J7/J6/J5/J4/J3.
So I will recommend you Download Android Repair software to fix Samsung black screen of death issue.
Method 2: Perform Soft Reset
One thing that you can do to fix the issue easily is by doing a soft reset of your phone. If your device is completely charged and still it’s not turning on then a soft reset can help you.
Simply remove the protective case take the battery out of your phone and rest for 30 seconds. Now again put your phone’s battery and restart it. Check if the problem has been resolved or not.
Method 3: Force Restart Your Galaxy Phone
To fix Samsung Galaxy black screen issue, you should force restart your device once. This closes all apps running on the background of your phone and hopefully, the BSOD error will be removed.
Here are the steps:
- First, press the Power + Volume Down button for at least 10 to 20 seconds
- Now leave the buttons when the Samsung Logo appears on the screen
Method 4: Take Out SD Card From Phone
For Samsung Galaxy S5 users, there are SD card cases and this can create an issue of the black screen of death. So, you are suggested to remove the SD card from the phone and rest it for 5-10 seconds.
After a few seconds, reinsert the SD card on your phone and see if the error is resolved or not. If not then move to the next solution.
Method 5: Remove Your Device Battery
If your phone has a removable battery then it’s suggested to remove it for some time. This process will surely help to fix Samsung s21 black screen error. After removing the battery, wait for at least 1 minute and again put the battery back. hopefully, your phone will not show the same error again.
Method 6: Charge Your Samsung Phone/Tablet
Does your Samsung phone/tablet battery is draining fast? If yes then this can be the reason for Samsung black screen of death issue.
So if you are not charging your phone for a long time then you should immediately put your phone in charging mode. Now check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 7: Switch Off Dark Screen Mode
Have you checked your Dark Screen mode whether it is enabled or disabled? If so, make sure it is switched off as this can help you solve the issue.
Here is how to disable Dark Screen Mode on the Galaxy phone:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Vision > Dark Screen and here disable the dark screen mode.
Method 8: Let The Battery Die Completely
Another way to solve Samsung black screen but vibrates is by letting the battery drain completely. This works best for non-removable battery devices. Once the battery drains, charge your phone again. Samsung Galaxy black screen of death occurs due to software problems and so this method is suggested.
After the battery dies, charge and restart your device. Hopefully, this will make your device run in a normal state without any errors.
Method 9: Wipe Cache Partition
You can opt for “Wipe cache partition” to fix Samsung phone stuck on black screen when your phone has low storage space.
This will be under Android Recovery mode, so here are the steps:
- First, turn off your Samsung phone
- Then press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power keys together
- Now your phone will vibrate, then leave the Power key and hold Volume up + Home keys
- Next, leave all the buttons when the Samsung logo appears on the screen
- Here you enter recovery mode successfully. Move down or up using the Volume keys and confirm the selection using the Power key
- And finally, select “Wipe Cache Partition” and reboot your device.
Method 10: Boot Samsung Phone In Safe Mode
The Samsung black screen of death issue can also be due to third-party apps installed on your phone. And to know it, you have to boot your device in safe mode. If the third-party apps are the culprit then uninstalling them is the best solution.
Here are the steps to enter and exit safe mode on the Galaxy phone.
Follow the steps to enter Safe mode
- First, turn off your device
- Now press and hold the Power key for up to 5-10 seconds and turn on the Galaxy device
- When the Samsung logo occurs on the screen, press and holds Volume down unless “Lock Screen” shows up
- Now your device will enter Safe mode and you can see it on the left side of the lock screen
If your phone is working normally then the issue was the third-party apps and you should uninstall them immediately.
Steps to exit Safe mode
- Go to Android notification on Samsung Galaxy home screen
- Now click on “Safe mode enabled”
- At last, reboot your Samsung phone
Method 11: Check LCD Display
Have you checked the LCD screen of your device? This may be yet another reason for the black screen error as sometimes the LCD connection is loose or improperly attached. You simply need to remove the back cover of your phone and then press the device from all sides.
If the error was due to a loose connection then this process will definitely resolve the issue. You can also take help from a professional to fix the connection without any damage.
Method 12: Perform Hard Reset Of Galaxy Phone
If you want to fix Samsung black screen issue then do the hard reset of your device. But this process can wipe away all your data, so back up all essential stuff before you proceed further.
Now follow the steps:
For All Samsung Phones:
- Turn off the phone via the Power key. Now hold the “Volume Up + Power + Home” buttons together. Continue to hold unless the Android Recovery screen comes. Here you will see the “Installing system update” and “No command” screens. Don’t leave the buttons here
- Now on the Android Recovery screen, click on “Wipe data/factory reset” with the help of the Volume down key and confirm it via Power
- Here you will get a warning screen, just long-press the Volume Down button unless the “Yes” option is visible
- Now click on “Power” and within a few seconds, the “Reboot System Now” option is selected. Here click on the Power button again to reboot your device. This will reset your device and a Welcome screen will appear. Now proceed with set up.
For Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note 8:
- Press Power + Volume up + Bixby keys together. Continue to press this unless you get the Android Recovery screen
- Now select the “Wipe data/factory reset” option using the Volume Down button
- Now click on the Power button to confirm the reset option
- Here on the warning screen, click on the “Volume Down” button and continue this unless you see the “Yes” option
- At last, press the “Power” button, and after a few seconds, “Reboot System Now” will be selected. Now click on the “Power” button and the device will reboot itself.
Method 13: Go To Samsung Store
When none of the above methods work for you then you can take your device to the Samsung store. There you can explain everything about the issue to experts before you give your device to them. After submitting, they will check the device and repair it as required.
Is black screen of death fixable?
There are several reasons for BSOD error on Samsung but it is fixable. You need to enter your phone into safe mode. It is the best way to fix Samsung black screen of death.
How do you fix a Samsung screen that won't turn on?
Here are some of the fixes to follow:
- Check your phone has sufficient storage space
- See if your charger is compatible or not
- Check if the phone’s charging port is working fine
- Force restart your phone
- Verify the phone’s buttons properly
- Do a factory reset of your device
How to fix Samsung Galaxy sudden death?
To fix Samsung Galaxy sudden death, follow the below solutions:
- Remove and reinsert the battery
- Force restart your Samsung phone
- Remove the SIM card and SD card
- Switch off dark screen mode
- Wipe cache partition
- Wipe data/factory reset
Well, Samsung users come across several issues on their devices, and the black screen of death (BSOD) error is one of them. Here in this blog, I have discussed several methods to fix Samsung black screen of death issue and hope that these will help to tackle the situation easily.
You can also use Android Repair software to fix the issue quickly without any problem.
Sophia Louis is a professional blogger and SEO expert from last 11 years. Loves to write blogs & articles related to Android & iOS Phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS-data-recovery and always looks forward to solve issues related to Android & iOS devices