Have you come across Samsung black screen or BSOD error on your Samsung phone? Worried about why my phone is on but the screen is black on Samsung?
Looking for some best ways to get rid of the Samsung black screen of death error message?
If Yes is your answer then I will suggest you to read this blog completely without any PANIC…
Many users have reported about the Samsung Galaxy black screen issue as they were not able to access the device. However, this is a big issue for Galaxy users as they are not aware of such an issue to solve.
But there is nothing to worry as I have mentioned some best ways to fix Samsung Galaxy stuck at black screen of death error message. The below-given methods have the potential to help you out from the Samsung black screen issue.
So just read this blog further and know the best ways to fix the error message.
- One-Click To Fix Samsung Black Screen (Recommended)
- Perform Soft Reset
- Force Restart Your Galaxy Phone
- Take Out SD Card From Phone
- Charge Your Samsung Phone/Tablet
- Switch Off Dark Screen Mode
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Boot Samsung Phone In Safe Mode
- Perform Hard Reset Of Galaxy Phone
- Go To Samsung Store
Why My Samsung Phone Stuck At Black Screen?
Well, there can be several reasons behind the Samsung Galaxy black screen issue. Here I have mentioned a few common causes behind the error.
System crashed– Sometimes the issue can be due to system crash because of low memory or some others.
Battery runs out– Battery draining issue is also one of the common reasons for Samsung black screen of death. It means that battery problem can lead to such an issue
Old software– If your phone is not updated to the latest OS then it is the culprit for Samsung black screen. Using older version OS can make you suffer from such unwanted issues.
Performance issue– If you are using your device for a long time then its performance degrades. Hence Samsung phone can be stuck or freezes on a black screen
Low memory– Less or insufficient memory is also one of the common issues for Samsung black screen. Less storage space can really be hard to access the apps smoothly
Hardware issue– Hardware issue can also lead to the Samsung screen is black.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Stuck On Black Screen Of Death Issue?
Now, its time to walk through the methods for the Samsung black screen of death fix. Hopefully, the methods will allow you to get rid of the error message quickly.
So here are the fixes for the Samsung black screen of death.
Method 1: One Click To Fix Samsung Black Screen (Recommended)
Android Repair is one of the best and highly recommended tool to fix Samsung Galaxy black screen of death issue. Its already known that the black screen issue on Samsung is because of software problems, so here using this software is very useful. This amazing software will get back your Samsung phone to normal.
The tool not only fixes Samsung black screen issues but also solves other errors as well like Samsung phone freezing, Samsung stuck on downloading, Android app keeps closing, and others. This tool is easy to use and supports every Samsung Galaxy devices like S11/S10/S9/S8/S7/S6/S5, A8/A7/A6/A5/A3, J8/J7/J6/J5/J4/J3.
So I will recommend you to Download Android Repair software to fix Samsung black screen of death issue.
Method 2: Perform Soft Reset
One thing that you can do to fix the issue easily is by doing a soft reset of your phone. If your device is completely charged and still it’s not turning on then soft reset can help you.
Simply remove the protective case and take the battery out of your phone and rest for 30 seconds. Now again out your phone’s battery and restart it. Check if the problem has resolved or not.
Note– Nowadays, maximum phones are coming with non-removable batteries so, in this situation, you just need to restart your phone once.
Method 3: Force Restart Your Galaxy Phone
To fix Samsung Galaxy black screen issue, you should force restart your device once. This restarts your phone and hopefully, the BSOD error will be removed.
Here are the steps:
- First, press Power + Volume Down button for at least 10 to 20 seconds
- Now leave the buttons when Samsung Logo appears on the screen
Method 4: Take Out SD Card From Phone
For Samsung Galaxy S5 users, there are SD card cases and this can create an issue of the black screen of death. so here also you are suggested to remove the SD card from the phone and rest it for 5-10 seconds.
After a few seconds, again reinsert the SD card on your phone and see if the error is resolved or not. If not then move to the next solution.
Method 5: Charge Your Samsung Phone/Tablet
Does your Samsung phone/tablet battery is draining fast? If yes then this can be the reason for Samsung black screen issue. So if you are not charging your phone for a long time then you should immediately put your phone in charging mode. Now check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 6: Switch Off Dark Screen Mode
Have you checked your Dark Screen mode whether it is enabled or disabled?
If so then make sure it is switched off and this can help you to solve the issue. Here is how to disable Dark Screen Mode on the Galaxy phone:
Go to Settings > Accessibility > Vision > Dark Screen and here disable the dark screen mode.
Method 7: Wipe Cache Partition
You can opt “Wipe cache partition” to fix the Samsung screen is black issue when your phone has low storage space. This will be under Android Recovery mode, so here are the steps:
- First, turn off your Samsung phone
- Then press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power keys together
- Now your phone will vibrate, then leave Power key and hold Volume up + Home keys
- Next, leave all the button when the Samsung logo appears on the screen
- Here you enter recovery mode successfully. Move down or up using Volume keys and confirm the selection using Power key
- And finally, select “Wipe Cache Partition” and reboot your device.
Method 8: Boot Samsung Phone In Safe Mode
The black screen of death issue can also be due to third party apps installed on your phone. And to know it, you have to boot your device in safe mode. If the third-party apps are the culprit then uninstalling them is the best solution.
Here are the steps to enter and exit safe mode on the Galaxy phone.
Steps to enter Safe mode
- First, turn off your device
- Now press and hold Power key up to 5-10 seconds and turn on Galaxy device
- When Samsung logo occurs in screen, press and hold Volume down unless “Lock Screen” shows up
- Now your device will enter Safe mode and you can see it on the left side of lock screen
If your phone is working normal then the issue was the third party apps and you should uninstall them immediately.
Steps to exit Safe mode
- Go to Android notification on Samsung Galaxy home screen
- Now click on “Safe mode enabled”
- At last, reboot your Samsung phone
Method 9: Perform Hard Reset Of Galaxy Phone
If you want to fix Samsung black screen issue then do the hard reset of your device. but this process can wipe away all your data, so backup all essential stuffs before you proceed further.
Now follow the steps:
For All Samsung Phones:
- Turn off the phone via the Power key. Now hold “Volume Up + Power + Home” buttons together. Continue to hold unless the Android Recovery screen comes. Here you will see “Installing system update” and “No command” screen. Don’t leave the buttons here
- Now on Android Recovery screen, click on “Wipe data/factory reset” with help of Volume down key and confirm it via Power
- Here you will get a warning screen, just long-press Volume Down button unless the “Yes” option is visible
- Now click on “Power” and within a few seconds, the “Reboot System Now” option is selected. Here click on the Power button again to reboot your device. This will reset your device and a Welcome screen will appear. Now proceed with set up.
For Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note 8:
- Press Power + Volume up + Bixby keys together. Continue to press this unless you get Android Recovery screen
- Now select “Wipe data/factory reset” option using Volume Down button
- Now click on Power button to confirm the reset option
- Here on warning screen, click on the “Volume Down” button and continue this unless you see the “Yes” option
- At last, press the “Power” button, and after a few seconds, “Reboot System Now” will be selected. Now click on the “Power” button and the device will reboot itself.
Method 10: Go To Samsung Store
When none of the above methods work for you then you can take your device to Samsung store. There you can explain everything about the issue to experts before you give your device to them. After submitting, they will check the device and repair it as required.
Well, Samsung users come across several issues on their devices and the black screen of death (BSOD) error is one of them. Here in this blog, I have discussed several methods to fix Samsung black screen issue and hope that these will help to tackle the situation easily. You can also use Android Repair software to fix the issue quickly without any problem.