Are you trying to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 12 but stopped because an iTunes error 14 occurred?
This is not a new thing to face by iPhone users. If this error is a new for you then don’t forget that there are plenty of iPhone/iPad users who have come across iTunes error.
Though, the solution is not so easy for iPhone error 14 but here I will give you some best and effective ways to fix iTunes error 14 with ease.
So let’s have a look what is iTunes error 14 and what are the ways to solve it.
What is iTunes/iPhone Error 14?
iTunes error 14 is a random message that several users have faced it. Generally, such problem occurs while upgrading or restoring your iPhone with iTunes. You can see several symptoms of such error like:
- Your system will run slow compared to other
- Sometimes it freezes completely
- Restore error message will be displayed
- 10 Solutions To Fix iTunes Error 53 While Restoring or Updating iPhone/iPad [iOS 12 Supported]
- 10 Ways To Solve iTunes Error 1667 While Updating iPhone/iPad (iOS 12 Supported)
What are the causes behind iTunes error 14?
There can be several reasons to experience iPhone error 14 and some of them are mentioned below:
- Improper iTunes installation
- Faulty USB cable
- Due to outdated software
- Low storage space
- Severe virus attack on iTunes
- Due to corrupt windows registry files
- Missing or corrupt iTunes files
Solutions to fix iTunes error 14
Solution 1: Check USB cable and connectors
Before you go out for any solution to fix the error, first you should check your phones USB connectors. There is a chance to get iTunes error 14 when there is a poor connection. It means that a damage connection may lead to iPhone error.
So you should check the following once:
- Always use the same USB cable you have got with iPhone
- Try to use different USB port to fix the issue
- Check the USB cable on another device
If everything is fine, then move to next method.
Solution 2: Restart your computer/iOS device
When you come across such types of errors on your phone then the basic thing that you should do is to restart your iPhone and computer once. Many of them forget to do this but this is an important step to fix any kind of issues.
Solution 3: Do hard reset of your iPhone
You should one do hard reset of your devices to get rid of the error you are coming across.
For iPhone 6 and Earlier
- Simply hold down both “Power” button along with “Home” button together
- Now continue holding the buttons until iPhone’s screen turns black and Apple logo appears
- After you see the Apple logo, release both buttons.
For iPhone 7 and Later
- First hold Power + Volume Down button together
- Then continue holding the buttons unless you see Apple logo
- After this, release the buttons
Solution 4: Check security software
Obviously, security software is important for every PC but sometimes, the antivirus software can create havoc and it can lead to severe problem, prevent doing some tasks.
Though every antivirus programs are different but its an important step you should do when you come across iTunes error 14 on your device. Either you uninstall or deactivate once and later on check whether the problem is solved or not.
- [Solved]- 8 Best Methods To Fix iTunes Error 9006 While Restoring iPhone
- 5 Top Useful Fixes For iTunes Error 13010 After iOS Update
- Top 7 Ways To Fix iTunes Error 3600 on iPhone XR/XS/XS Max/8/7
- 11 Top Methods To Fix iTunes Error 4013/4014 After iOS Upgrade
- 7 Useful Methods to Fix iTunes Error 3014 Without Data Loss
- 9 Quick and Easy Methods to Fix iTunes Error 0xe8000015
- 6 Quick Fixes To Solve iTunes Error 29 With Ease
- 7 Best Methods To Fix iTunes/iPhone Error 4005
- 5 Best Methods To Fix ‘iTunes Error 3194’ While Restoring iPhone/iPad
Solution 5: Install the Latest Version of Xcode 8
It is instructed by Apple that you should have latest version of Xcode 8 on your Mac system before you do any restoration of files to install iOS. So, you should go to Apple’s Developer website and then download and install the latest Xcode 8 on Mac PC.
To avoid or to solve iTunes error 14, you should check that Xcode 8 is having the latest version.
Solution 6: Remove damaged IPSW file
If there is a damaged iTunes file then it can lead to severe error like iPhone error 14. Now it can be solved if IPSW file is moved. Therefore to do it, you should first locate the files and it will depend on computer and the device.
Mac OS X
iPad: ~/Library/iTunes/iPad Software Updates
iPhone: ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates
iPad: C:\Users\PC Name\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates
iPhone: C:\Users\PC Name\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Update
Now as you have found the IPSW file, its time to close iTunes and then move the file. After you open iTunes again then this file will be downloaded again.
Solution 7: Update iTunes to its Latest Version
When your iTunes is not updated to its latest version then there might be an issue that can lead to iPhone error 14. So once you should check whether your iTunes is updated or not. If not then update to latest version of iTunes and then check whether the problem is resolved or not.
First, run iTunes > tap on “Help” in main menu > choose “Check for Updates” to check and update your iTunes version if available.
Solution 8: Set correct Date and Time on your iPhone/iPad
You might have not noticed before it but if your date and time are wrong on your iPhone then it can lead to errors like iTunes error 14.
So you should ensure that your device is set up with correct date and time as incorrect date and time can lead to such unexpected situations on your iPhone.
You Might Also Like: Fix iPhone Stuck on ‘Connect to iTunes’ Screen After iOS 12 Update
Solution 9: Do a backup and try Clean Restore
You should backup all your crucial data from iPhone and then do a clean restore of your iOS. After that, do a clean restore of iOS 12 via IPSW file, which you have to download from Apple’s Developer Center.
At last, restore your device with backup, which you have created before moving to this process after installing iOS 12.
Solution 10: Make use of warranty period
When you buy a new phone, they give you a warranty period of at least one-year. So what you are thinking of? Just make use of this warranty and take your iPhone to nearest Apple store to fix the error.
But also do a backup of your crucial stuffs from phone before you take it Apple store.
Solution 11: Alternative method to fix iPhone error 14
When all the above methods does not work for you then still you don’t have to worry. Here you need to use iOS System Repair, which is one of the best alternatives to solve iPhone error 14. This professional program works effectively to solve any kind of issues on iPhone/iPad.
So without any worry, simply Download iOS System Repair and solve iTunes error 14 with ease.
Steps to follow to solve iTunes error 14
Step 1: Connect your iOS device
First launch iOS System Recovery and then select ‘Repair’ option
After that, connect your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) to your PC via USB cable. When the software detects your device then click on “Start” to continue the process.
After that, it will display the device information like model name, system version, baseband version etc and then click on Next to continue.
Step 2: Boot your iOS device in DFU mode
If you face problem in your iOS device that it is not functioning normally then the software will remind you to boot the device in DFU mode. After that follow the instructions to boot your idevice in DFU mode.
- First power off your iPhone
- Press and hold Volume down button and power button all together for 10 seconds
- Now release the power button but hold Volume down button until DFU mode comes on the device
Steps to boot other devices in DFU mode:
- Switch off your iPhone.
- After that press and hold, the Power button and Home button together for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but hold the Home button until the device is in DFU mode.
Step 3: Select and download the firmware
If you want a successful recovery then select the correct model and firmware and after that click on Download.
As the firmware is large so it may take some time to download completely. In between, you make sure that network is good. If you face any trouble in downloading firmware then you can simply click on Copy to download the firmware from Apple official site and select to restore download firmware.
Step 4: Fix iOS to normal status
After the download is finished, click on “Fix Now” to begin repairing your iOS and make your device to work normally again.
At last, when the entire process completes, your iOS devices will restart into normal mode as usual. If the device does not boot normally then click on Try Again to start the process.
Users of iPhone can encounter iTunes error 14 or other iPhone problems anytime. But there is no need to worry as every problem has its solution. In this blog, I have discussed 11 methods to fix iTunes error 14 and hope that this will help every iPhone users coming across such iPhone problem.
If you have any suggestion or queries then don’t forget to drop it in the below comment section.