Apple has announced its new iOS version to be launch in September- iOS 12. Its already in the beta version and whopping to roll out soon on iPhone where users can experience a better and unique features with lots of improvement than before.
Though, it will be an amazing experience but there seems to be some problems with this new iOS 12 update.
This is because few users have reported that “After updating iPhone to iOS 12 beta, their screen turn to black with loading circle”.
Now, this can be a big issue for users who are just waiting to experience iOS 12 on their iDevices. However, the user don’t have any answer to look for but surely, I would love to share you the solutions that can help you to get out of the black screen issue on your iPhone after iOS 12 update.
Well, iPhone black screen is a common issue that already many users have come across but it can really trouble you a lot.
Even the issue is so critical that when someone calls on phone then you can hear the ring of the phone but iPhone screen remains black and you cannot access or answer your call.
This problem is a common situation and it can occur after upgrading to iOS 12. So let us know some of the best ways to fix iPhone stuck on black screen after iOS 12 update.
Reason behind iPhone stuck on black screen after iOS 12 update
As you already know that Apple has released its new iOS 12 Beta version and it is for both users and Developers. The upgrading is not bit difficult but everything don’t go your way.
It means that problems can occur anytime while upgrading your device where your device can get stuck on black screen. There are few causes behind and they are:
- May be your device is not supported to iOS 12. Check iOS 12 device compatibility
- May be you have replaced the hardware from non-Apple store
- Not having enough storage space to install iOS 12
- Several others…
Now what are the solutions for your iPhone stuck in black screen after iOS 12 update? Well, below are some of the best fixes mentioned that can help you solve such error.
Case 1: “My iPhone 7 Plus screen turn black and it won’t turn on after I performed iOS 12 update on it. Though the screen is black but the phone still rings when somebody call. How to fix iPhone black screen of death?”
Case 2: “My iPhone goes black suddenly. After waiting for some time, I pressed the Power button and it turned on but then went black again. How to return my device to normal?”
Best Fixes for iPhone Stuck on Black Screen
Here you are guided with the best solutions to get out of the iPhone stuck problem after iOS 12 update. Go through each of them and get rid of the problem easily.
Method 1: Restart your iPhone
When your phone stucks on black screen then the first thing that you should do is simply restart your device once and see whether the problem is solved or not.
As iOS 12 Beta version supports iPhone 5S and its above models, so every device has different ways to force restart their iPhones.
Go through the below steps when you come across black screen after iOS 12 update.
- For iPhone X/8/8 Plus, press and release Volume Up and Volume Down After that press Sleep Button until Apple logo occurs.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus, press the Sleep and Volume Down button until Apple logo occurs
- For iPhone 5S/SE/6/6s/6 Plus, press the Sleep along with Home button until Apple logo appears
All these steps will help you to solve iPhone stuck on black screen after iOS 12 update. If the problem continues after this, then go to next resolution.
Method 2: Screen becomes black with particular app
There may be several apps that you have installed on your phone but particular app can cause iPhone screen to turn black or stuck on it. So, it will be better to remove that app as the problem is with the app itself.
Many times the app might loading something and the screen turns black where only the problem is linked with only one app. Such things can happen on apps like YouTube or Netflix when there is a slow internet connection.
So follow the below steps when iPhone stuck on black screen:
- Exit from the app and go to Home screen
- Now open “App Store”, move to “Updates” section, and see if any update is available for that particular app and install it
- At last, Restart your iPhone
However, if any app is the problem for black screen on iPhone then updating that app is the best solution to get rid of such issues.
Method 3: Restore to Factory settings using iTunes
This is yet another method that can help you to get out of iPhone stuck on black screen issue.
Step 1: First, Download and then open iTunes latest version on computer
Step 2: Now connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable. When iTunes recognizes your device then it will offer restore option, just click on restore option to erase everything.
But when iTunes fails to recognize iPhone then you have to put your device in Recovery mode.
Step 3: When your iPhone gets detected by itunes then you will get Restore option
Step 4: Tap on “Restore” option to confirm
Step 5: Now iTunes will erase your device and will install the latest iOS 12 version on your iPhone
Step 6: When it is over, iPhone will restart. Now move ahead and set up as a new device.
This method is a risky one as it can delete your important data from device. So its better to backup all your data previous to follow this method. Or you can use iOS Data Recovery software to recover all your lost/deleted data from iPhone.
Method 4: Use Recovery mode to fix iPhone black screen
Even you can try using Recovery mode to get out of iPhone black screen issue. It will completely restore your iPhone into working condition and will help to fix the issue.
Step 1: Either you have to wait until the device becomes normal from black screen or force reset your phone by pressing Power and Volume Down button until Apple logo appears.
Step 2: When your device starts, first backup all your data by simply going to Settings > iCloud > Backup > Backup Now.
Step 3: Connect your device to computer and then launch iTunes
Step 4: Now, force restart your device according to the model you have and don’t release until you get the Recovery Mode screen
Step 5: After that, you will get a message stating to “Restore” or “Update”. Tap on Update and wait for some time, as iTunes will update your device.
Method 5: Check if hardware failure is the problem
After going through the above methods, when you still find the problem then it can be due to hardware failure. Sometimes due to loose connection or due to broken screen, black screen on iPhone occurs.
In addition, if you have replaced your damaged hardware with unofficial one then new update might don’t support that on your phone. In this situation, it will be better to visit Apple service center.
Many times iPhone’s battery is also the problem and it needs to be replaced. But before you change your battery, just check once the health of current battery.
Meanwhile, here are few tips that can help you to fix when you come across black screen on iPhone:
- If Siri is not enabled on your iPhone then enable it as it can solve the problem. Simply go to Settings > Siri and switch it on.
- Change your iPhone’s display zoom view from “Zoomed” to “Standard” or from “Standard” to “Zoomed”.
- Or you can click on Display Zoom View and select Zoomed and click on “Set”
- A popup will occur stating, “Changing Display Zoom View will restart iPhone” and then click on “Use zoomed”. When your phone restarts, click on Standard > Set and Use Standard.
- You can change the Date of your iPhone by simply going to Settings > General > Date & Time. Now disable “Set Automatically” feature, set up the time manually, and date of the past. After that, restart your device and once this is done, again change your date and time settings to “Set Automatically”.
- Simply restart your device once by pressing on/off button and see if the problem is solved or not
- Try to Reset your iPhone’s setting by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- Though this step will not lose your important data from iPhone but can change other settings like wallpapers, accessibility settings or remove Wi-Fi passwords if any.
- Sometimes apps may be the problem that can lead to black screen error. So remove the app and again reinstall it.
- Simply click and hold the app until you get (X) sign. Click on it and then again move to App store and re-download the same app.
- Or you can move to Settings > General > Storage and simply delete the apps that are showing problem.
Best way to fix iPhone stuck on Black Screen after iOS 12 update
When your iPhone come across black screen of death issue or (BSOD) error then the above methods can help you to solve the problem. But they might don’t work and at that time, you should try other way as well so that even data don’t get lost.
iOS System Repair is one of the best and most recommended solutions when user encounter BSOD, iPhone frezing issue, WSOD error, iPhone stuck on verifying update error, stuck on Apple logo, stuck on Recovery mode and several other issues on their iPhone/iPad. This is the best way to fix iPhone stuck on black screen after iOS 12 update without any data loss.
This awesome program works effectively on all iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch models and also compatible with almost all iOS OS including iOS 12.
So whenever you face such kind of errors on your iPhone/iPad then simply Download iOS System Repair and get rid of iPhone stuck on black screen issue with ease.
Well, when users try to upgrade their iPhone/iPad with iOS 12 then your iPhone/iPad gets stucked on black screen or some other errors. In this blog, I have mentioned few useful methods that can really help you to get out of the problem.
Even you can take support of Apple Customer Service when you encounter such errors on your device.