If you see in our daily life then everything needs some change or update, right? This becomes essential when we have any gadget like Smartphones that must be updated on time to go with the latest technology.
In this part, Apple comes to be the first as it always updates its devices on regular basis. While updating iPhone, users come across several issues and one of te common one is “iPhone verifying update” error.
Now this one is really an irritating one as nobody knows about this error much. So I have come up with some best ways to solve such error message and also help you to know whether your iPhone stuck on verifying update screen is really a troublesome situation.
“Hello, I need help. Actually, I started installing the iOS 11.3 in the morning and my iPhone stuck on verifying update screen for 5 hours. What kind of problem is this? Will the new update installation taking some time or not? I want some solution for this. Please help!”
What are the preparations before getting solution?
Before you judge yourself whether your iPhone is facing any problem like that and blaming the software or hardware for such error, you should check out first if something is wrong from your own side, which is causing the problem.
- Always ensure your iPhone is charged fully. This may not bother you much but this can create a big issue while you begin updating your device. If the phone is not charged then the process will not be completed and may show error.
- Ensure your iPhone has enough storage. This is because at the time of updating, storage matters a lot. If there is less space then you cannot update your device and can stuck in the process. So go to Settings > general > About > Available
- Always create a backup of your data as this is one of the best idea to handle any data loss situation. While updating your phone, there is a chance that you might lose your data and if backup is available then its easy to deal with it.
- While updating, make sure you have a good Wi-Fi connection as weak connection can show up error and can lead to iPhone stuck update problem. So always check Wi-Fi connection.
How to know whether iPhone really stuck on Verifying update error
Now this is an important part as users should know whether their iPhone is really stuck on verifying update or not, but how?
The first thing, which, you should keep in mind, that whenever any new update comes then millions of users try to update their devices. This in return makes the Apple server congested and the installation process might take few minutes to update your phone. This does not means that your iPhone stuck on verifying update screen.
If any pop up occurs in between then also there is nothing to get worried about as some processes may takes some times for the process to complete.
Second reason is your Wi-Fi connection, which might not be strong enough to update your device and this may take time. So this is also doesn’t mean that your device is stuck rather its waiting for good signals.
Third thing is that your phone storage is full and due to this, the update may take some time but it don’t stuck on verifying update.
So it is very important to know the reasons first before going for any solutions and analyzing it to be error like iPhone stuck on verifying update. If this is the problem then you should move further and look for some best methods to get rid of it.
Fixes for iPhone stuck on ‘verifying update’ screen
Here you will get some of the best solutions to fix the error you are getting on your iPhone. So let us look at them one by one.
Directly Jump to Solution
Method 1: Do hard reset of your phone
When you come across such error then its obvious thing that you cannot access your device as it get stucked. In this situation, try to do hard reset of your phone as this will help your device to work properly as before.
- For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, just press and hold Volume down + Power button at the same time
- For iPhone 6 or older version, just hold down Home button and Power button together
You have to hold the buttons for 10 seconds unless you see Apple logo on your screen. After that, your phone will reboot and the problem will be resolved. You might don’t know but doing hard reset of your device solves around 70% of such issues.
Method 2: Press Sleep/Wake Button
Many times doing hard reset does not work for many users, so you can try pressing Sleep/Wake button option for get out of iPhone stuck on verifying update screen. Only you have to press Sleep/Wake button for few times.
Doing this method forces iOS device to lock the iPhone screen and then wake it up, and again lock it and wake it up. Continuously doing this process for 5-10 minutes generally resolves the problem of your iPhone.
If doing this method works then an Apple logo along with progress bar will be seen on screen. You have to wait as the device will install the software update.
Method 3: Reset network settings
When the above methods fail to solve the issue then resetting network settings might help you to get out of the problem. Many times outdated network settings can lead to iPhone stuck on verifying update issue.
When you get error message that states no internet connectivity while verification then its because of network settings. So once try to reset it and see whether the problem is solved or not.
Warning– If you have saved Wi-Fi networks and passwords along with VPN and APN settings then all wil be reset by doing network settings.
Step 1: Go to Settings, click on General and then on Reset
Step 2: Here click on Reset Network Settings
Step 3: Now insert your PIN when required and then click on Reset
Step 4: Here you have manually reconnect to Wi-Fi network and for that, click on Wi-Fi from Settings and select Wi-Fi network and after that input password to connect.
Now you can easily access the device as verification will be done successfully. If not then try verifying using mobile data.
You May Also Like: How to Recover Data from Water-Damaged/Dead iPhone That Won’t Turn On
Method 4: Delete iOS update and download again
When your iPhone get stuck on verifying update then you can delete iOS update and download it again to see the difference. This process is helpful to solve the issue, so follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. List of apps will be listed where you have to search iOS update. Tap on iOS update to get Delete Update option
- After you have deleted iOS update, go to Settings > General > Software Update to download recent iOS version
Method 5: Update iPhone via iTunes
If your problem is not yet solved then try to update your iPhone via iTunes as this might resolve the problem. Just follow the below steps to update iPhone through iTunes.
- Install latest version of iTunes on PC and then connect your iPhone with PC. Now open iTunes and select the device. After that, go to Summary > Check for Updates
- Now click on Download and Update. After this your device will be updated soon
Method 6: Verify using cellular data
This type of problem can also lie in your internet connection like router based firewall blocking access to verification servers. So once, try to connect it with another Wi-Fi hotspot and check. If the problem occurs then you can select cellular connection to do the same process.
To do the process, simply swipe upwards from bottom screen and click on Wi-Fi icon to disable it. Even you have to click on Cellular Data icon if not enabled.
After that, move to the Software Update screen and click on Install Now. Here if you still face the problem then move to next method.
Method 7: Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup
Another option that can help you to fix iPhone stuck on verifying update screen is by restoring iPhone from iTunes backup. Follow the below steps to move further:
- Open iTunes on PC and connect your device to it. Select your phone and select the option Restore Backup on iTunes.
- Now select the recent backup by checking date and size of each backup. Then click on Restore and wait until the process is over.
Method 8: Put your iPhone into DFU Mode
Putting your iPhone into DFU mode is another solution to fix iPhone stuck on Verifying Update screen issue. By doing this method, your phone will be recovered from DFU mode. Follow the below steps:
- First, connect your iPhone and PC via USB cable and then open iTunes, press Home button + Sleep/Wake button for 10 seconds
- When the screen becomes black, go to Sleep/Wake button. Now hold the Home button unless you get a message stating iPhone is been detected in recovery mode.
Method 9: Fix iPhone stuck on Verifying Update without data loss
When all the above methods does not work for you to solve the error then the only option left is to use any third party software like iOS System Repair. This is one of the best tools to fix such type of issue easily without any data loss. Any type of error that iOS devices come across like Stuck on Apple logo, black screen, update error, verifying update screen, etc are easily fixed using iOS System Repair program.
So all in whole, this tool is definitely easy and efficient to use and you should Download iOS System Repair tool to solve any issues on iPhone without any data loss.
Steps to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo
Step 1: Connect your iOS device
First launch iOS System Recovery and then select ‘Repair’ option
After that, connect your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) to your PC via USB cable. When the software detects your device then click on “Start” to continue the process.
After that, it will display the device information like model name, system version, baseband version etc and then click on Next to continue.
Step 2: Boot your iOS device in DFU mode
If you face problem in your iOS device that it is not functioning normally then the software will remind you to boot the device in DFU mode. After that follow the instructions to boot your idevice in DFU mode.
- First power off your iPhone
- Press and hold Volume down button and power button all together for 10 seconds
- Now release the power button but hold Volume down button until DFU mode comes on the device
Steps to boot other devices in DFU mode:
- Switch off your iPhone.
- After that press and hold, the Power button and Home button together for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but hold the Home button until the device is in DFU mode.
Step 3: Select and download the firmware
If you want a successful recovery then select the correct model and firmware and after that click on Download.
As the firmware is large so it may take some time to download completely. In between, you make sure that network is good. If you face any trouble in downloading firmware then you can simply click on Copy to download the firmware from Apple official site and select to restore download firmware.
Step 4: Fix iOS to normal status
After the download is finished, click on “Fix Now” to begin repairing your iOS and make your device to work normally again.
At last, when the entire process completes, your iOS devices will restart into normal mode as usual. If the device does not boot normally then click on Try Again to start the process.
Well iPhone users encounter several issues while accessing their devices and it cannot be ignored that some errors are really troublesome to get rid of. iPhone Stuck on Verifying Update screen is yet another issue that users never want to come across.
However, I have discussed the best methods to resolve such iPhone error and hope that all will work better to get out of the situation.