Apple has launched its new iOS 13, which is the next OS for iPhone/iPad. This was announced by Apple and users are already using its new and better features.
With the release of iOS 13, iPhone/iPad users will experience faster, delightful, amazing, and responsive features in the form of apps, keyboards, and several others.
But some users have reported that after the iOS 13 update, they have come across several problems that should be solved.
So here in this blog, I will provide you with some of the iOS 13 common problems and their solutions that users are facing.
Even these solutions will work better for you if you experience the below mentioned issues after upgrading your iPhone/iPad to iOS 12.
iOS 13/13.2 Common Problems And Their Solutions
Here you will get the most common iPhone problems after iOS 13/13.2 update. So let’s dive inside and check out the common iOS 13/13.2 problems and their fixes as well.
1. Unable to Check for Update
One of the most common issues that you can get after iOS 12 update is ‘unable to check for update’. This problem is so widespread that it occurs whenever Apple releases its new version.
Previously users have reported at the time of iOS 11 that their iPhone stucked on trying update screen and now again this issue has occurred in iOS 12 beta version.
Recently when users try to update beta version of iOS 12, they found that there was no notice of any update in the Settings option.
There was a messaging saying “Unable to Check for Update. An error occurred while checking for software update”.
2. Software Update Failed for iOS 13/13.2 update
This might be not a new thing for you that you come across Software Update Failed issue every time you try to update your device with new iOS version.
Now the issue is same with iOS 13 and it needs a solution.
So its better to be aware of the situation and know some of the solutions for it so that you don’t have to face any problem while updating your iPhone/iPad to iOS 13.
- When you get the “Software update failed” message then you can see “Close” and “Settings” option. Click on “Close” button and wait for sometime and after that again download and try to install it again.
- Once try to restart or reboot your iDevice as this can help you to fix the problem
3. AirDrop not Working
Some users have reported that their AirDrop fails to work when they try to update their iPhone/iPad to iOS 13. This can even occur after its public release and users can face problem while transferring contents between devices.
So what can be done to get out of the situation?
- Simply force restart your device as this can solve such types of problem easily
- Properly check your network, switch off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and then again turn it on after few minutes
- Try to reset network by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
4. Bluetooth Problems
Your iPhone/iPad’s Bluetooth connectivity can show error after upgrading to iOS 13. So, you should fix the issue soon by resetting your device’s network settings. For that, follow the below steps:
- First, go to Settings and then General
- Now scroll down to Reset option and click on Reset Network Settings
This may take some time to complete the entire process. But doing this will forget all the known connections of your device along with Wi-Fi connections.
5. Unable to Upgrade due to an error occurred while Installing
As iOS 13 update, users have come across issues like “Unable to Upgrade”.
Now, this is going to be a big issue as users can see on screen “Profile installation failed” or “Unable to Upgrade, an error occurred while installing iOS 13”.
Now to get out of the situation, you should do the following things:
- First, check whether your device is compatible with iOS 12/13. Check list of iOS 12 supported devices.
- Try to reset your network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings or even you can disable your Wi-Fi and switch on cellular data.
- Try to update your device to iOS 13 via iTunes
6. Network issues
Even user can suffer from network problem after installing iOS 13. So if this happens then try to reset it as it will switch off your personal hotspot. Simply go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset Network Settings.
Doing this will reset your cellular data settings along with Wi-Fi networks & passwords with APN & VPN settings.
7. Unable to Verify Update
When iOS 11 was released then also users have come across this Unable to Verify Update error and users have reported about it. And again it seems to be existing in iOS 12 and now on iOS 13 as well.
Actually verifying process takes only few minutes to finish the entire process but many times, this process stuck on iPhone/iPad stating “Verifying update…” screen.
Now, this is yet another issue that users want to get rid of immediately. So follow the below steps to get rid of the error:
- Do hard reset your iPhone/iPad
- Lock and wake your iPhone/iPad through Power button for few minutes
- Upgrade your device to iOS 13 via iTunes but don’t forget to backup all your data before the process.
8. Camera not working
As iOS 13 has many new features so it applies for camera as well. After upgrading to iOS 13, users can add FaceTime and messages directly from the camera app.
But some users have reported about a bug in camera after iOS 13 update.
When camera is switched on, nothing works and simply a black screen is seen. This is a big issue as without camera, phone does not seems to be complete.
So how to solve this bug?
- Force close your camera app by double clicking Home Button > find camera app > swipe up to force close it
- Try to restart your iPhone/iPad as this is one of the common and best solution
- When the above solution does not work then Reset all Settings of your phone.
9. Stuck on Slide to Upgrade Screen
After iOS 13 update on your phone, users can come across ‘iPhone stuck on slide to Upgrade screen’. This can be one of the worst situation and it happens due to software glitch or when iOS 13 update gets damaged.
To get out of this situation:
- Try to force restart your device
- Put your device in recovery mode. This can solve the issue you are facing.
10. App Store not working
When users want to download any apps then they go to App store but what to when it stops working? Actually, users have found that their App store was not working after they have upgraded their device to iOS 13.
Some of the messages users have received are, App Store unable to download apps, App Store not uploading, App Store search not working etc.
Now, how to solve it.
Well here are some steps to follow that will help you to solve “App Store Not Working” problem.
- First, check your network connection and ensure you have a stable and strong network.
- Try to free up some memory space on your device as no space cannot download any new apps.
- Clear cache on your App store
11. App Problems
Even app download and app updates are the common problems after iOS 13/13.2 update. So if you come across such problem then simply restart your device and try to download or update the app again.
Also ensure your app is the latest one if you go through any problems on app performance. Even you can reinstall the app to solve the issue.
Furthermore, you should know that some apps don’t work because developers don’t release iOS 13 support updates on the apps and so, some apps may not work or run as well.
12. Battery draining fast and overheating problem
After updating your device to iOS 13, battery problem and overheating problem are the two most common issues to occur. [Check out [17 Ways] Fix iPhone 6 Battery Draining Fast All Of A Sudden (2019 Updated)]
One of the user has reported such problem and looking to fix it anyway.
Until then, you can also do some of the things to solve battery draining and heating problem on your iPhone/iPad.
- Stop background apps running by just clicking the Home button and swipe all the apps to close forcefully
- It might be due to the iPhone/iPad case that the phone is becoming hot. So remove the case to avoid heating problem.
- Sometimes due to iCloud services stuck on background, the heating problem occurs. So just check once whether everything is well or not by going to Settings > your ID > iCloud to check if all iCloud services are OK.
13. iMessage Not Working after iOS 13 update
Those users who depend on iMessages can really get troubled after iOS 13/13.2 update. They come through some error messages like contact name missing, texts not sent or delivered, emoji not working.
But this is also true that when iMessage stops working then every iOS users gets troubled. However, this can be fixed by simply resetting iMessage and also check whether correct setting of iMessage is set up or not.
Follow the below steps to fix the iMessages issue on iPhone/iPad:
- First switch off and switch on the iMessage by going to Settings > iMessage. Turn it off and after some time again turn it on.
- Do hard reset of your phone
- Check whether your Date & Time is correct or not.
14. Random Reboots
Many users have experienced a lot of issues on their phones like random reboots, lag issue and others after iOS 13 update. Simply restarting your device can solve the problem.
But many times, simple restart does not work and at that time you need to reset speed of home button. For that you have to go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Home button.
15. iPhone performance problem
After upgrading your device to iOS 13/13.2, if you see any difference in the performance of your iPhone/iPad then you should know how to fix the performance issue.
However, many times your iPhone starts to freeze up, at that time, try to restart your device. Even check the app if updated or not because the problem can be due to an app update also.
In addition, you can also come across problem between switching of applications and for that, you should adjust the click speed of home button. For that, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Home button.
16. Alarm does not work after iOS 13/13.2 update
When you fail to wake up in the morning just because your alarm fails to ring on time then its might be because of iOS 13 upgrade that has stopped the alarm from ringing on time.
Now this is another problem that many iPhone users have reported.
Beta version users have reported such problem and hopefully, it will be solved after iOS 13 is officially announced. But if the problem still arises then try to force restart your iPhone/iPad and check whether everything is fine.
17. Sound Problems
Users can also come across sound problem after the update. Some of the sounds can be just cut on home screen during any app use.
So to fix the problem, simply restart your device and check whether the problem is solved or not.
Switch off the Bluetooth and again on it to see the problem if fixed or not. You can update the app if the problem continues.
18. Wi-Fi Problem
Now users can also come up with problems on their Wi-Fi like Wi-Fi unable to connect, not working, always keep dropping, settings greyed out etc. These are the common issues that one can face after iOS 13 update. So how to fix these issues:
- Always ensure your router is on and you are within range
- Also ensure you are using iOS latest version. If you are not sure then once check the software update by going to Settings > General > Click on Software Update
- Make sure that Wi-Fi is on and you are able to see network on your device
- Forget the Wi-Fi network and join it again
19. Siri Problems
The issues are not less for iPhone/iPad users after upgrading to iOS 13. Some of the users has reported that they are facing problem with Siri.
The feature of “Hey Siri” is giving issues. So try the following fixes to solve the issue:
- Check whether Siri is tuned on by going to Settings > Siri & Search and ensure it is enabled.
- If Siri is enabled then turn it off and restart the device once. After it reboots, switch on Siri again.
- When the both methods don’t work then try resetting all settings of your device. Simply go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. However, this process will remove all passwords so note it down somewhere.
20. Cellular data not Working
Now again some users have reported about cellular data is not working on iOS 13. This issue can occur to any iPhone/iPad model but many of the beta users have faced it.
So you should once turn off the cellular data and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Otherwise, you can follow the below steps:
- Switch Airplane mode on and off. For that open Control Center > Enable Airplane mode > turn it on after 30 seconds
- Also check whether Carrier update is available or not
- Once restart your device or reset network settings/all settings
21. App Notification Not Working
You might get notifications from several apps you have installed on your device but after upgrading to iOS 13, App notification for many apps like Twitter, ESPN Fantasy, Poshmark etc are not working for many users.
Now all these apps are non-system apps that really fight with iOS 13 compatibility. So, to fix all such problems, you should try the following:
- First, check the mute button and disable it
- Also ensure whether “Do not disturb” is enabled. If so then turn it off to get all the notifications.
22. Not having much space to download iOS 13
This is yet another problem that iPhone users can come across when they try to upgrade their device to iOS 13. If this is the problem then try to make some space on your device. At least 5GB space is required to download iOS 13 update.
To manage space on iPhone, go to Settings > Storage > Manage Storage. Here view how much space you have and if anything needs to be removed, then remove them and make some space to download iOS 13 update.
23. Speaker Not Working
After upgrading to iOS 13, many iPhone users have encountered problems on their device speakers. They were not working as before. Not this can be due to two reasons, either software malfunction or hardware damage.
If the problem is hardware related then you need to visit Apple retail store but if the issue is software related then you have to do the following things:
- Check whether your phone is not in silent mode. If silent mode is enabled then remove it and switch to ring mode
- Ensure volume of your phone is not low
24. Brightness Bug
Another issue that users have faced after iOS 13 upgrade is the brightness bug. When users has put brightness to whole way down then the screen went black and won’t turn on.
Some of the iPhone X users have reported this problem. If the problem is with you also then use Siri to increase the brightness and if this also fails then do hard reboot of your device.
25. Charging Problem
Many users have reported that their iPhone/iPad/iPod touch is facing problem while charging after iOS 13 update. To fix this issue, check the cable you use for charging your device or the charging port.
Also you can follow the below steps to fix the charging problem of your device:
- Properly check your charging cable and USB adapter
- Try to force restart your device as this can solve several issues of your iPhone/iPad
- Also check the charging port of your phone. If any dust or junk is there then clean it using a soft brush
26. iPhone Keeps Restarting
After iOS 13 update, iPhone/iPad keeps restarting and this is a common problem that many users have reported on Reddit and Twitter. According to them, an Apple logo always appears on screen and it does not open like normal.
So if you get this unwanted issue then try following the below steps:
- First, force restart your iPhone as this can fix any small issues on iPhone
- Try to Reset all settings by going to Settings > General > Reset All Settings
- Last option is to restore your iPhone from iTunes. But also suggested to create a backup before doing this method.
27. Flashlight not working after iOS 13 update
This is also one of the issues that iPhone users can come across after upgrading to iOS 13. Flashlight is not working as before and it grays out in Control Center. Even while taking pictures the LED light does not work.
Even many of them found flashlight bugs while updating to iOS 13/13.2. So here are some simple solutions to fix the problem. They are:
- Try force closing camera app as this will work for you
- Do hard reset of your iPhone or iPad.
- If these don’t work then try to restore your iPhone/iPad to factory settings through iTunes. But also don’t forget to backup your data before the process.
28. AirPods not connecting from iPhone
Many users have reported that they are facing problem while connecting AirPods to their phone on iOS 13 update. Either they lost connection or some were unable re-pair.
Now if you are also facing such issue then follow the below fixes:
Use left or right microphone– First launch Settings > Bluetooth > Tap on “I” button just next to AirPods and after that click on Microphone. Now select either Always left AirPod or Always Right AirPod.
Forget and again Repair AirPods– Go to Settings > Bluetooth > click on “I” just next to AirPods and after that click on Forget this Device.
29. No Service or Keeps Searching for Service
After upgrading to iOS 13, iPhone/iPad users may come across ‘No service or Searching…’ issue on their phones. This will be seen on the left corner of screen and users will not able to make a call. To solve this issue:
- First, restart your iPhone
- Try to Reset iPhone network by going to Settings > General > Reset
- Once remove SIM card and insert it again
- Also check Carrier Settings Update by going to Settings > General > About. If any update is available then update it to fix the issue.
30. Software Update Server Could Not Be Contacted
Users try to update their iPhone through iTunes many times and they come across “The iPhone software update server could not be contacted”. This error is also known as Error 1671 and generally occurs when iTunes or PC has network connectivity problem, or when Apple servers are overloaded.
The fixes for this error is simply restart your iPhone once. Also update your iTunes to latest version.
31. Activation Failed Error After iOS 13/13.2 Update
Several iPhone users have reported about “Activation Failed” error message after iOS 13 update. Some error message that users have come across are “Activation Error”, “Could Not Activate iPhone” or “we are unable to continue with your activation at this time”.
It generally happens when iPhone does not contact Apple Server or may be the issue is software related that is obstructing the activation.
32. Unable to Make or Receive Calls
After the update of iOS 12.4/13, many people have also reported that they were not able to make or receive calls. They get an error message like “call failed” or “call ended” while making or receiving calls.
Generally, this kind of problem is related to network or may be a software related issue can also occur.
So, you should try to keep your phone where it gets proper network, reinsert the SIM once or even try to turn on or off airplane mode. At last, you can also reset network settings to get rid of the error.
33. Facebook Messenger Problems
According to my knowledge, millions of people use Facebook Messenger because it allows us to communicate with family, friends, colleagues and others with ease.
But after the update of iOS 12.4/13, users have reported about issues in delivering or receiving messages. Even many times, the entire Messenger crashes and don’t open any more.
To solve this, you should update your Facebook Messenger or do some changes in settings or even you can re-install Facebook Messenger app to solve the error.
34. Stuck on Recovery Mode, Apple Logo, iPhone Bricking Problems
After updating to latest version, it generally happens that iPhone gives several error and the same is with iOS 13/13.2. Users have reported about iPhone stuck on Apple logo, stuck at recovery mode and others.
Even your phone can get bricked. So in this situation, best way to deal with is by restarting the device once or can use a third party tool like iOS System Repair.
35. Stuck on downloading
As it is known that iOS 13/13.2 size is big so it can happen that iPhone stuck while downloading. You may find that the update process is stopped for an hour after you click on “Download and Install” option.
For many users, this issue is a common one and the issue either can occur due to improper internet connection or can be the problem of your phone as well.
To fix the issue, you should check that your internet connection is proper and stable. Also make sure that your device has enough storage space.
36. Screen Recording Not Working after iOS 13/13.2 update
Screen recording feature was released on iOS 11 and it included in iOS 13/13.2 as well, but it troubled many users as well because screen recording not working for many users after iOS 13 update. Some have faced no sound on recorded or saved videos.
Best way to fix this is by turning on screen recording again or you can also reset device settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
So, I have collected 36 common iOS 13 problems and their solutions that iPhone/iPad users can come across after upgrading their device to iOS 13/13.2. Not only issues but I have discussed their solutions as well. iOS 13 can trouble you as well as many other users and this will be really a big glitch to anyone.
However, while fixing the issues if your data is lost due to any reason then you can try iOS Data Recovery to recover all your lost/deleted data from iPhone/iPad.