Are you stuck on Instagram notes not showing on Android or iPhone? Concerned about why are notes not showing up on Instagram? If so then don’t panic as this article will help you to troubleshoot the issue.
Instagram Notes are short status bubbles that you can use to share quick notes with your followers or select the “Close Friends” list. They can be a maximum of 60 characters long and a new way to communicate with your followers on the app.
But recently, many users have reported Instagram notes disappeared from their devices. They don’t know how and what to do. So in this article, I will guide you through some workarounds to help you fix Instagram notes not showing on Android/iPhone.
How To Fix Instagram Notes Not Showing/Working?
Well, this kind of unexpected error can irritate anyone but at the same time, there are fixes as well. Just walk through the below methods to get rid of errors.
So let’s read further.
Method 1: Restart Your Phone
One of the best and highly suggested tricks to solve several types of issues on devices is restarting. This process closes all the apps running and gives you a fresh start. After restarting your phone, launch the Instagram app and check if the notes are working or not.
If not then apply the next method.
Method 2: Restart Instagram App
After restarting your phone, you should also refresh the Instagram app to fix the issue. This is yet another technique to solve the error easily. Simply close the app completely and again launch it to check if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Check Network Connection
One of the major reasons for any app not working can be due to issues with network connection. It does not matter whether you are using Android or iPhone. Therefore, you should check your internet connection and make sure your device receives high-speed internet.
You can enable and disable Airplane mode or even switch to a different internet. This trick can resolve the error you are coming across.
Method 4: Turn On Activity Status
Many users have reported that if Activity Status is disabled then the Notes feature will also be disabled and users cannot use it. So you should check if this feature is enabled or not.
Here is how to enable Instagram activity status:
- First, launch the Instagram app > and click on the Profile icon
- Now, click on More option
- Here, choose Settings and Privacy
- Next, click on Messages and Story replies
- After that, click on Show Activity Status under How others can interact with you
- Finally, tick on Show Activity Status
Method 5: Choose a Professional Account
According to many users, the Notes feature is only available when the account is created as a Professional account. But this also does not guarantee it. However, you can switch to a professional account and check if you can access the Notes feature.
Here is what you have to do:
- First, launch Instagram > click on the Profile icon > choose 3 line menu
- Now, choose Settings and Privacy option
- Next, move down and choose Account type and tools
- From here, switch to a professional account
- After that, choose the proper category > click on Done
- Finally, click on OK to confirm
Method 6: Delete Instagram Cache
Clearing the app cache is yet another important and effective way to get rid of Instagram notes not working.
To clear the Instagram cache on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “Apps and notifications“
- Scroll to or search for “Instagram” on the list of installed apps.
- Tap “Instagram” > “Storage“
- Tap “Clear cache“
Once you do this, the “Clear cache” button will turn gray, indicating that the process is complete.
Method 7: Check And Update Instagram App
When you are using an outdated version of the app then also several kinds of issues can occur like the Notes app not showing. Therefore, you should verify and if any update is required then do it.
For Android phone users-
Follow the steps to update the Instagram app on your Android device:
- First, open the Google Play Store on your phone
- Now, tap on your Profile icon, located in the top-right corner
- Next, select “Manage apps & device” > “Updates available“
- Check if there is an Instagram update available
- If an update is available, tap on the “Update” button next to the app.
Alternatively, you can tap on “Update all” to update all apps with available updates in one run.
For iPhone users-
If you want to update Instagram on your iOS device, follow these steps:
- Open the Apple App Store
- Tap on your profile icon
- Scroll down and check if there is an available update for Instagram
- If an update is available, tap on “Update” next to Instagram
You can also tap on “Update All” to update all apps at a time.
Method 8: Create A Close Friends List
You might know that the Notes feature is allied to a list of close friends so you have to create one.
Here is what to do:
- First, launch the Instagram > Profile icon
- Now, choose Menu icon > select Close Friends
- Then, tap to get started
- Finally, add people to the list and then click on Done
Method 9: Sign-out & Sign-in To Instagram
Another effective way to fix Instagram notes not showing on Android/iPhone is by logging out and again logging in to the app.
To log out of Instagram on an Android device, follow these steps:
- First, open the Instagram app and tap on your profile icon
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings and privacy.”
- Here, tap on the “Log out” option
- After that, again open the Instagram app on your Android device
- Here, Enter your email address, phone number, or username and tap Next
- Enter your password and tap Log In
Method 10: Reinstall Instagram App
When you still face Instagram Notes feature not showing an error then it’s time to reinstall the app once. This will remove any kind of bugs or glitches that are leading to the problem.
Follow the steps to reinstall Instagram on an Android device:
- First, press and hold the Instagram icon until the ‘Uninstall’ option appears
- Tap on the confirmation and the app will be uninstalled
- Now head over to the Google Play Store and search for ‘Instagram’ in the search bar
- Select the ‘Install’ button to download the app
Once it’s downloaded, open it and log in with your credentials
To reinstall Instagram on your iPhone, follow the steps:
- First, press and hold the Instagram icon on your home screen until the ‘Uninstall’ option appears.
- Now, tap on the ‘Uninstall’ option to delete the app from your iPhone
- Next, open the App Store and search for ‘Instagram’
- Once you find the Instagram app, tap on the download or Install button to reinstall it.
After it’s downloaded, open the app and log in to check if the issue is resolved.
Method 11: Downgrade Instagram App
If you are facing Instagram Notes disappeared after updating the app then it can be irritating. However, you need to downgrade the version in such a situation to get rid of the error.
Here is what you have to do:
- First, launch the Instagram app > move down and write down the app version
- Now, move to APKMirror and download the previous version of the app
That’s it, here you can install the previous version of the app on your device. After this, check if the issue still persists or is resolved
Method 12: Take Help From Instagram Support
Lastly, when nothing works for you despite following the above fixes then you should contact Instagram Support.
Here is how to contact Instagram support:
- First, open the Profile option on Instagram > click on 3 line
- Now, choose Settings and Privacy option
- Next, move to the Help section
- Here, choose Report a problem
- Write the problem you are facing briefly
- At last, click on the Send option
Method 13: Ultimate Solution To Fix Instagram Notes Not Working On Android
If you are wondering about any powerful tool that can help you troubleshoot the issue then go for the Android Repair tool. This is one of the best and highly suggested software that works effectively to fix Instagram notes disappeared errors and several other issues on Android/Samsung phones.
It is easy to use and does not require any technical skills to access it. This is a one-click tool that fixes the error without data loss. Other issues it can repair include Instagram has stopped, settings has stopped, Minecraft keeps crashing, Android BSOD error, and many more.
Pro Tip: How To Use Instagram Notes
Many of them are still unaware of the Instagram Notes feature that allows them to leave a short text to their friends. This message feature allows users to write up to 60 characters and is available for both Android & iOS phones.
Here is how to use the Notes feature:
- First, launch the Instagram app > choose the Direct Messages icon
- Now, from the Chats list, the profile icon will be visible. Just below that, you can see the “Your note” option > choose a Profile picture
- Next, click on Share a thought to write any new note
- Finally, select the person you want to share like Close friends or the followers that you follow
- At last, click on the Share option
Finally, this article has come to an end and I hope you have successfully fixed the error of Instagram Notes not showing on Android. However, the issue can occur due to several reasons but nothing to panic about as lots of possible fixes are available.
Also, you can go for the Android Repair tool if you are looking for some ultimate fixes without applying manual methods.
Further, if you have any suggestions or queries then drop them in the comment section below.
You May Also Like:
- 4 Ways On How To Pause Instagram Reels On Android
- 11 Ways To Fix “This Story Is Unavailable” On Instagram
- [12 Ways] Fix Instagram Camera Not Working On Android
- 13 Ways To Fix Instagram Unsend Message Not Working
- 10 Ways To Fix Instagram Message Swipe Reply Not Working Android
Sophia Louis is a professional blogger and SEO expert from last 11 years. Loves to write blogs & articles related to Android & iOS Phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS-data-recovery and always looks forward to solve issues related to Android & iOS devices