- Why do apps freezes or crashes?
- How to fix Twitter app keeps crashing/freezing on Android?
- Bonus Tip: How to get back lost data from Android after factory reset?
Millions of people uses Android phone and one of the best thing that I personally love is that there are tons of apps available to download. Google Play Store gives the access to download any apps I wish and maximum of them are free.
In fact, some social apps are also available which we use in our daily life and one such app is “TWITTER”.
We all know about this social platform and we also use it on daily basis but the experience of using these apps is not smooth always.
The reason why I am saying this is because I have come across several reports from users end as they have mentioned “Twitter app keeps crashing” or “Twitter app not working” or “Unfortunately, Twitter has stopped” error on Android phones.
Now this issue can come through any Android phones and so what to do and how to fix can really frustrate you. But don’t worry, I have come up with this blog where I will guide you some better ways to fix Twitter app keeps crashing Android.
Why do apps freezes or crashes?
Now you cannot stay at one reason for the apps crashing or freezing problem because there are several of them. May be the app becomes unresponsive while using or it crashes due to not updated to latest version.
When your device don’t have enough space then also it seems tat few apps like Twitter does not work well. In addition, a software glitch can also be the culprit.
No matter whatever be the reason for it, you should look for the solutions, right?
So let us read below and know some of the best ways to fix Twitter app keeps freezing/crashing error on Android.
How to fix Twitter app keeps crashing/freezing on Android?
Well, as per the user has reported about the error, I have gone through several methods and gathered some of the best solutions for you to get rid of the error.
So let’s go through them and check out which method work effectively.
#Method 1: Force restart your Android phone
This is a simple but effective procedure to get rid of the error you are coming across. Force restarting the phone can solve several minor app and firmware glitches. Small issues related to software can be solved using this method.
So simply press and hold Volume Down + Power keys together and then your phone will reboot normally.
NOTE– Force Restart is equivalent to reinserting battery as nowadays, phones are coming with non-removal battery.
#Method 2: Force close the app
Twitter apps crashing or freezing is a common issue for many users and it needs to get fixed. One thing that you can do to get rid of the error is force stop the app. This will be an effective way to deal with such glitches with ease.
- First, go to Settings > Apps on phone
- Now as the app is pre-installed so look for it in System app and if its downloaded from Play Store then go to Download section
- Then click on it and press Force Stop button
- 9 Ways To Fix “Unfortunately, Bluetooth Has Stopped” Error On Android
- 6 Top Ways To Fix “Unfortunately, WhatsApp Has Stopped” On Android (2019 Updated)
- 8 Methods To Fix “Unfortunately TouchWiz Has Stopped” Error On Samsung Galaxy (Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e Supported)
- 10 Effective Solutions To Fix “Unfortunately, Instagram Has Stopped” On Android
- 13 Methods to Fix “Unfortunately Facebook Has Stopped” On Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
- [Solved]- How to Fix “Unfortunately, WeChat Has Stopped” on Android
#Method 3: Log out and again login to the app
Another thing that can help you to get rid of the issue is simply logging out and again logging back. If you have enabled login verification then don’t forget to store backup code.
Now follow the below steps.
To logout from Twitter app:
- Go to navigation menu or your profile icon and after that, select Settings and privacy
- Now click on Account and then on Log out. Doing this will log out from the app
- At last, tap on OK to confirm the log out from app
To again login to Twitter account:
- Open the app again and click on Login details
- Now enter username and password
- At last, click on login.
That’s it… now you might have get rid of the error coming across.
#Method 4: Clear data and cache of Twitter app
You might know about app data and cache and whenever you use any apps then your device automatically saves data in form of cache, which help users to immediately access the app. But when the app crashes or freezes then its all because of corrupt cache and data of the app.
So its better to clear cache and data of Twitter app to solve the issue.
- First, go to Settings > Apps > More Apps > System Apps (Downloaded)
- Now click on Twitter and then press “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” button
- Doing this will delete the app cache and data and now you can access the app error free.
#Method 5: Check network connection
The error may be due to poor network connection so once you should check it. Ensure your device is having strong data connection. And if you are using WiFi for Twitter app then try to change the connection for some time.
If the another one works then it means that connection is not strong and so you are getting such error message.
#Method 6: Update Twitter app to latest version
Sometimes, the apps can show you error when its not updated to latest version. Because the app is not updated, so you can come across lots of issue, bugs and other problems.
But if you update the app then it comes with several bug fixes, new features that keeps app optimized and stable.
Therefore, you should once check whether the problem is not for old version of the app. For that:
- First, go to Settings
- Go down and click on About Device
- Click on Software Update or System Update
#Method 7: Uninstall and again reinstall the app
When nothing goes on your way then simply uninstalling and reinstalling the app might work. So, why to wait? Simply follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the app.
To uninstall Twitter app:
- Click on Menu button and choose Applications
- Now select Manage Applications
- Then choose Twitter
- After that, click on Uninstall icon
NOTE– If app comes pre-installed on device then it will not be removed. Uninstalling the app can uninstall the latest update. Later on, update the app again from play store
To install Twitter app:
- First, open Google Play Store and look for Twitter app on Android
- Now select the app, click on Download option, and accept permissions
- When the downloading is over, open the app and sign in with username and password
#Method 8: Free up some storage space
As I have already discussed above the due to less space on phone, Twitter app may crashes or freezes. So, why not to free some space on Android phone so that the app works effectively without any issue?
Better is to uninstall the apps or remove the data that you don’t need.
- First, go to Settings of your phone
- Then click on Apps section
- After that, click on Downloaded tab
- And then click on app you want to remove or delete and click on Uninstall
#Method 9: Check time zone settings
Many times, you can also come across “Invalid username and password” while signing and this is because of incorrect zone settings or may be due to old version of Twitter client application.
So ensure your Twitter client is up to date and also timezone settings are set to automatically update.
- First, go to Menu option from Home screen on phone
- Then click on Settings
- After that, choose Date & Time
- And at last, ensure Set Automatically is enabled
#Method 10: Check status of Twitter servers
The crashing or freezing issue of Twitter app may be due to their servers as well. Many times, the server might be going on maintenance but you don’t know about it and come across an error messages “Twitter app keeps crashing”.
In this situation, you can simply Google “Twitter server status” and can check if something is happening or routine maintenance is going on.
If its going on then you have to wait until the entire process is over.
#Method 11: Do factory reset of Android phone
After trying all the above methods, if you still face the same error then one last option left and that is by doing factory reset. But remember to take backup of all your data from phone so that you don’t lose anything while doing factory settings of your phone.
Now follow the below steps to do factory reset of your device:
- First, go to Settings on your phone
- Then search and open Backup & reset
- There you have to click on Factory data reset
- At last, confirm it and the process continues.
- Now restart your device and use Twitter app. This time you will not get any kind of error on your phone and your app will work smoothly.
So, all these are the best ways to fix “Twitter app keeps freezing/crashing Android” phone.
Now lets go through to know how to get back deleted data after doing factory reset on Android.
Though it know its an off-topic but still many users don’t take backup and end up losing important files from phone. So just move ahead.
Bonus Tip: How to get back lost data from Android after factory reset?
This is also an important part to know whether the data can be recovered or not after doing factory reset on Android? The deleted data can be still recovered using recovery software like Android Data Recovery. This is one of the best ways to get back lost or deleted data from Android phone without any backup.
Whatever data is lost like contacts, photos, call logs, videos, documents, WhatsApp chats, audios and others are easily retrieved from Android phone.
So all in whole, I have suggested few best methods to solve “Twitter app keeps crashing Android” and hope that if you come through this error or “Unfortunately, Twitter has stopped” error then following the above solutions will help you to get rid of it.
Further, if you have any suggestion or queries then don’t forget to mention them in below comment section.