The internet has changed the way we live our lives, share our thoughts, and make our friends. Just imagine if you took pictures on a vacation in Thailand, you might have purchased an album from the bookstore and managed all the photos. But now at present, if you were to share and keep your memories, you will not buy a photo frame or picture album but rather post them on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat.
Similarly, when it comes to sharing your feelings, you might log on to Facebook and write a status telling what you are feeling. Social media has greatly affected our private and personal life. Especially when it comes to Facebook, people are still inclined toward it despite the launch of new and innovative platforms like Snapchat, Instagram, and Pinterest.
When it comes to Facebook notifications, you might not be getting any notifications on your Android phone. You are not alone on this planet facing similar issues. We will discuss how to fix Facebook notification issues on Android later. However, more importantly, you need to check your internet connection to get notifications.
Nowadays, the speed of the internet is the most important thing to have even if you only want to use social networks. Of course, Facebook also serves high-definition videos, which needs high-speed internet as well. Apart from that, you also want to stream Netflix in 4K and download heavy files to get yourself connected to the internet.
If you are seeking recommendations, there is no better option other than Spectrum offering packages and plans tailored to fit your household needs. Especially if you are looking for a bundle offer, make sure to look at spectrum paquetes for everything covered under one plan.
Even if your internet is working fine and you are not getting any notifications on Facebook, make sure to follow the steps given below.
Method 1: Turn On Your Phone Notification Settings
The first step to ensure you are getting Facebook notifications is to check your phone notification settings. If it is turned off, the rest of the steps will not work. You will find plenty of apps installed on your phone whose notifications are disabled.
- To turn on notifications on Facebook, go to phone Settings, and click Apps or App notifications.
- Find Facebook from the list of apps. Make sure to turn on the app notification if it is not.
If the problem is not resolved, you need to uninstall the app and reinstall it. In this way, you will also be getting the latest version.
Method 2: Check Facebook Notifications Are Turned On
If you are not getting any Facebook notifications, you need to make sure that the phone’s notification setting is not only turned on but also for the native Facebook app. Some of the applications ask for access to media and other applications to work properly.
If you have not turned on the Facebook push notification, then it could be a problem. To get a Facebook notification, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Start the Facebook app on your Android smartphone and click on the three-bar icon given in the profile section.
- After clicking, you will need to scroll down and click on notification settings.
- You will find a list of activities on which Facebook will notify users. Click on the Activity About You and go to Push Settings, to enable.
Method 3: Force Stop Facebook App
When your Facebook app does not work properly or misbehaves then you can try to force close the app once. This process will definitely help you to get notifications on your phone.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, long press on the Facebook icon until the menu occurs
- Now, click on the Force Stop option
Or you can also do this from phone settings. Simply, open Settings > Applications > Application Manager > search Facebook > click on App info > tap on Force Stop.
Method 4: Clear Facebook App Cache
When it comes to Facebook cache, sometimes it can create a lot of problems. And one of them is not getting notifications. It might be the reason that your Facebook notifications are not working properly. The only way to deal with this problem is to clear the app cache.
If you want to clear the Facebook notification problem, try clearing the app cache by following the steps below.
- Go to your phone’s Settings and click on Application Manager or Apps.
- Try to find out where the Facebook app is located.
- Click on it, go to the storage option, and touch the Clear Cache
Method 5: Update Your OS Version
If the aforementioned steps have not worked out, you need to check whether your OS version is updated or not. If your Android device has been rolled out with the latest OS version, you need to make sure that your device is updated as early as possible.
It is not only good for your device’s security but also for removing bugs and errors. To update your device’s OS version, follow the steps given below.
- Go to your Android Settings and check the About phone
- Click on system updates and wait for them so that the device can check whether the updates are available or not. Make sure you have connected your device to the internet
- If the OS updates are available, click on the UPDATE option and wait unless the OS version update is over.
Method 6: Check Data Limits
Another reason for your device not showing Facebook notifications would be data restrictions. If any of the settings is disabled, the app might not be able to synchronize data in the background, which may result in no push notifications.
Make sure to check data limits on your Android device. To check it, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Go to Settings on your phone and tap on apps.
- Find Facebook from the list of installed apps and click data usage
- Find the background data option. If not, make sure to toggle it to enable mobile data usage.
Method 7: Logout From Other Devices
When you are facing Facebook notifications not working, you need to log out from other devices.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone and click on three bar icons in the upper right corner
- Go to Account Settings and click on Security and then log in
- Under the login, click the log-out options next to each device.
- After logging out from the rest of the devices, you can now sign in again to check if the Facebook notification is working properly.
Method 8: Reinstall Facebook
When the problem continues then you should uninstall and reinstall the app again. This process is very helpful in solving several errors on the Facebook app. Simply delete the app and again install it.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, open Settings and look for Apps
- Now, find Facebook > tap on it and click on Uninstall option
- After that, open Google Play Store and search Facebook
- Next, click on the Install option and wait for sometime
- Once done, log in to the app using your username & password and then check if you are getting notifications or not.
Method 9: Advance Way To Fix Facebook Notifications Not Working On Android (Recommended)
If the manual methods do not work for you then you can go for an automatic solution. Android Repair is one of the best and highly suggested tools that effectively works to fix Facebook notifications not loading on Android. The tool is easy to use and allows users to get rid of any kind of Android issues with one click.
It not only helps to fix errors in Facebook notifications but solves other Android issues like Facebook has stopped, WhatsApp keeps crashing, Snapchat has stopped, Tiktok notifications not working, Gmail notifications not working, and many more.
Therefore, you just have to download and install this amazing tool and get rid of Facebook push notifications not working Android easily.
So this blog completely focused on how to fix Facebook notifications not working on Android. Though, there are several reasons for such unwanted errors but no need to panic. In this blog, I have provided some of the best ways to solve Facebook notification errors.
Apart from manual methods, users can go for the Android Repair tool, one of the best and most advanced solutions to get rid of the issue.
Further, if you have any suggestions or queries then drop them in below comment section.
Sophia Louis is a professional blogger and SEO expert from last 11 years. Loves to write blogs & articles related to Android & iOS Phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS-data-recovery and always looks forward to solve issues related to Android & iOS devices