Did you encounter Facebook Marketplace not working on Android phones?
Facebook Marketplace is one of the best online platforms where it allows sellers to upload every detail about their items like photos, their features, and what is the price.
Any local buyers who are interested can find their products here accordingly and then contact the sellers to buy. But, many users have reported that they have experienced a “Facebook Marketplace not working” error.
Therefore, if you are also coming through the same issue and looking for solutions then this blog is for you. Here, I will guide you on some effective methods on how to fix Facebook marketplace not showing up.
- Restart Your Device
- Re-Login To Your Facebook Account
- Clear Facebook Cookies And Cache
- Arrange Facebook Marketplace From Menu
- Change Region/Language
- Uninstall And Reinstall Facebook App
- Update Facebook App
- Change Marketplace Account Age
- Change Internet Connection
- Use Multiple Facebook Accounts
- Submit Request Form To Facebook
- Contact Facebook Help Center
- Advance Solution To Fix Facebook Marketplace Not Working On Android
How Do I Fix Facebook Marketplace Not Working On Android?
Now, it’s time to walk through some of the best ways to troubleshoot Facebook Marketplace stopped working Android. Follow them and see which solution works for you.
So let’s move ahead.
Method 1: Restart Your Device
The first method that will help you to get rid of the issue is by restarting your phone once. This is an effective way to fix the issue as such errors may occur due to bugs or glitches.
So simply press the Power button for some time unless you get the Power Off option, tap on it and restart your phone. After this, check whether the error is resolved or not.
Method 2: Re-Login To Your Facebook Account
If restarting does not resolve the error then it’s time to re-login to your Facebook account once. So, simply log out from your Facebook and then wait for some time. After that, log in to your Facebook account using your user ID and password. Now, check if you can access Facebook Marketplace or not.
Hopefully, this process will help you to get rid of the issue. If not, then move to the next solution.
Method 3: Clear Facebook Cookies And Cache
Most of the time, the cache is one of the main culprits for such kind of issue. So, what you need to do is, clear both cache and cookies of the app to solve the error.
Here is what you have to do:
- First, open the Facebook app and click on Settings > Account Settings > Browser to find cache cleaner.
- Now, click on the Clear Data option
- Next, log in to your Facebook account. After that, go to Marketplace to check if everything is resolved.
After following the above steps, it will help you to access Facebook Marketplace as before without any issue.
Method 4: Arrange Facebook Marketplace From Menu
When you fail to identify the marketplace icon in the Facebook app then you can go to the Menu bar to access it. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, tap on the Facebook app to open it on your device
- Now, choose the Menu icon at the top right corner of the app
- Next, find and choose the “See More” option and then tap on “Marketplace” and configure it
Once done, check if Facebook Marketplace not working issue is fixed or not.
Method 5: Change Region/Language
You should know whether Facebook Marketplace is available in your country or not. This feature is available in 70 countries and you have to confirm the regions to access it.
See the steps to change language or region in the Facebook app:
- First, launch Facebook and then tap on the Menu icon
- Now, open Settings & Privacy and tap on Settings
- Next, select Language & Region from the left column
- From here, tap on Edit where you can select your language accordingly
Method 6: Uninstall And Reinstall Facebook App
Another easy way to fix Facebook Marketplace not showing up error is by reinstalling the Facebook app. This process has also helped many users to get rid of the issue.
Here is what you have to do:
- First, open Google Play Store and click on the Profile icon
- Then, select Manage apps and device
- Now, look for the Facebook app from the installed apps
- Open the app and click on the “Uninstall” option
- After this, search for the Facebook app in the search bar
- Next, click on the “Install” option
- Once done, log in to your Facebook account and see if Marketplace is working as before or not.
Method 7: Update Facebook App
When your Facebook app is not updated to the latest version, it can put users in trouble by popping up such an error. So, you should check if the app needs any updates.
Follow the below steps:
- First, open Google Play Store on your phone
- Now, look for the Facebook app from the installed apps list
- Check if any UPDATE option is available beside the app
- Simply tap on the Update option and Facebook will be updated to the latest version
Wait for some time unless the app is downloaded and updated properly. Hopefully, this will eliminate the issue you are coming across.
Method 8: Change Marketplace Account Age
Do you know that Facebook Marketplace is only for those users who are 18 and above years old? You should check your birth date and make sure that you are 18+ old on Facebook.
Here is how to change account age:
- First, tap on the profile picture on Facebook
- Now, tap on “See Your about Info” in the profile picture option
- Next, go to “Basic Info” and tap on the “Edit” option
- Here, change your birthday and select sharing options.
Method 9: Change Internet Connection
You must know that an internet connection is one of the important parts to access Facebook Marketplace. But when you don’t have a stable connection then you should try to increase the internet speed to perform the activity.
Therefore, if your internet connection is slow then look for a high-speed connection and connect your device. After that, check whether you can access Facebook Marketplace or not.
Method 10: Use Multiple Facebook Accounts
When nothing works for you then you can try to use Facebook via various accounts. Also, make sure you engage yourself in commenting on several posts, start to add new friends, tag friends in a few posts, etc. This will help you to guarantee Facebook that you are a real user and not a fake one. And this will help you to access the marketplace again.
Method 11: Submit Request Form To Facebook
You should know that Facebook Marketplace has certain policies and you cannot go against those policies. If you go then you will get removed from accessing the Facebook Marketplace.
However, if you face such kind of issue and you think that you did not violate any policy then you submit a request to re-access it.
Here is what you need to do:
- First, log in to Facebook on your phone
- Now, tap on the Marketplace icon
- Next, tap on the Request Review option
- Here, you have to fill out the Request form
- You will get a response from Facebook Team about your request after a few days
- Don’t forget to check the Support inbox
- Once your appeal is acknowledged, you will have access to the Marketplace again
Method 12: Contact Facebook Help Center
The last option that is left with you is to contact the Facebook help center. But before that, ensure your Facebook app is upgraded to the latest version. However, if you get the same error after updating the app then it’s time to take help from the Facebook Help Center.
Here, you have to provide every detail that is required and after that, the team will try to solve the error you are coming across.
Method 13: Advance Solution To Fix Facebook Marketplace Not Working On Android
In addition to the manual solutions, you have an automatic and advanced way to fix the issue. Android Repair tool is professional software that allows users to solve Facebook Marketplace not showing up on Android phones. The tool is easy to use and helps users to troubleshoot any kind of Android errors or issues with ease.
Some other errors that it can fix include Facebook has stopped, Messenger has stopped, WhatsApp keeps crashing, Snapchat has stopped, Minecraft keeps crashing, Roblox not working, and others. It allows users to fix the issue with one click.
Therefore, you just need to download and install this amazing tool to fix Facebook Marketplace stopped working issue.
Many users use Facebook Marketplace for their own purpose but sometimes, they stop due to errors. However, there is nothing to fret about because there are ways to get rid of the error. In this article, I have discussed various solutions to fix Facebook Marketplace not working on Android phone.
In addition, you can go for the Android Repair tool as this is an advanced way to get rid of the issue with ease.
Further, if you have any suggestions or queries then drop them in below comment section.
Sophia Louis is a professional blogger and SEO expert from last 11 years. Loves to write blogs & articles related to Android & iOS Phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS-data-recovery and always looks forward to solve issues related to Android & iOS devices