Did you notice that your text messages are coming late from families or friends? I mean to say that are you experiencing delayed text messages Android issue?
Well, this kind of situation occurs when there is a gap between conversations. But the main question is how to fix delayed text messages on Android, right? This is really annoying as we never expect such things to happen.
So to help you out, I have come up with this article where you will know about reasons for receiving delayed text messages Android and also the best ways to fix delayed text messages on Android phones.
What Are The Causes For Not Receiving Text Messages Android?
Well, there are not many reasons except one or two that can delay receiving text messages on your phone. Let’s check out them:
Cache files: Whatever apps you use on your device, they all store some cache files to give you a better and smoother experience. But as time passes, these cache files can get corrupt and interrupt in the smooth performance of the device. Delay in receiving text messages can also be due to corrupt cache files.
Battery saving mode– Most Android phones have the battery saver feature that allows to extend battery life when it is low. It works by putting some apps in sleep mode and as they don’t run in the background, so you also don’t receive any notification from those apps. So this feature can add Messaging app to the list and you receive delayed text messages.
How To Troubleshoot Problem In Sending Or Receiving Text Messages On Android?
After knowing the common reasons for the delayed text messages, now it’s time to learn how to fix delayed text messages on Android. If you are seriously looking for solutions then follow the below solutions.
Method 1: Reboot The Phone
Sometimes, a minor glitch can interrupt the smooth performance of your phone as well as for the apps. So whenever you experience any kind of problem on your phone like delayed text messages then a simple reboot of the device can solve it.
Many experts also suggest restarting the phone when such a kind of unwanted error or issue popup on the Android phone. This is an easy solution to make your phone run smoothly once again.
Method 2: Deleting App Cache
As I have discussed in the #reasons part that cache files can really interrupt in accessing some apps, so it’s better to clear the cache of messaging app.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, move to Settings on your phone
- Now click on Applications > three dots in the top right corner
- Then click on Show System Apps > click on Messaging app icon
- After that, click on “Storage” > click on the Clear Cache option
- At last, Restart your device and see if the error is resolved or not
Method 3: Disable Battery Optimization Of Messages App
Even battery optimization features can lead to delay in receiving text messages on Android. Though it’s true that the battery optimization feature is good but can make you suffer sometimes. Therefore, you should disable battery optimization of the messaging app by following the steps below:
- First, open Settings on your Android phone
- Then move down to look for the Battery option and click on the Battery Optimization tab
- Now you will see the list of apps from which you have to select the Messages app you are facing a problem with
- After that, click on the Message icon and choose “No restrictions” to disable battery optimization for Messaging app
Method 4: Use Standard Messaging App
When there is a non-standard messaging app on your phone then it’s obvious that you will come across delayed text messages on Android issues. So you should change default application settings on phone.
Here are the steps for you:
- Go ahead top open Settings on your phone
- Now choose Additional Settings > Default application
- Here you have to reset the standard messaging application as per the settings
- Finally, restore the phone again
Method 5: Enabled Unrestricted Data Usage
Nowadays, the phones are coming with several features and one option is where you can enable or disable mobile data. You can limit the usage of data and if you disable this feature for the Messages app then unrestricted connectivity for receiving messages can be ensured.
So what you need to do is mentioned below:
- First, go ahead and open Settings on your phone
- Now move down and look for Data Usage from available options
- Here you have to select System Apps from the menu
- Next from the apps list, look for the Messages app on the phone
- Once you choose the Messages app, toggle on Mobile data, Background data, and Wi-Fi options to allow the app for access to unrestricted data usage
Now you can easily receive any text message notification while running in the background without any delay.
Method 6: Update Android OS
The error that you are experiencing can also be because of the old OS version on Android. Some apps don’t function properly when the system is not updated. In such a situation, it is suggested to check if there is any update required.
Require following the below option:
- Move ahead to Settings on the phone
- Click on About Phone > check for updates
- If there is an update available, you will see the Update button and need to click on it
That’s it, now your device OS is updated to the latest version and hopefully, you will not face any delay in receiving text messages.
Method 7: Reset Network Settings
If you are still struggling to find out to fix delayed text messages Android then I will suggest you reset network settings on phone. This is a very helpful feature especially when the problem is due to the network. Whatever network settings are saved can sometimes conflict so you have the option to reset the network. This will disable Wi-Fi, Bluetooth as well as mobile data.
Here are the steps to guide you:
- Open Settings on your Android device
- Go below and look for the Backup & reset option under the More tab
- Here, select Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth to reset
- And then move to press Reset Settings and confirm it
After this, you will be able to get notifications of all text messages on time without any delay. Also note that all mobile data settings, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth history will be removed.
Method 8: Wipe Cache Partition
You can opt to delete the cache partition when the messaging app does not respond or suffers a crashing problem. Follow the steps as shown:
- Switch off your phone and press and hold the Volume Up + Power button
- Now release Power button once logo occurs on screen but don’t leave Volume Up button
- When the recovery menu screen comes, select Wipe cache partition using Volume Down and select it by pressing the Power button
- Next, choose Yes — delete all user data via Volume Down and click the Power button to confirm
- And now wait for the reset process to finish and click on the Power button when you receive the Reboot system now option
Method 9: Factory Reset
Factory reset is the last resort when all the above methods fail. This process will erase your device totally including stored data, settings etc. So you should backup all your precious data from your phone and keep them safe.
After that, follow the below steps to reset the phone to factory settings.
- Open the Settings option on your phone
- Now choose Additional Settings > Backup & reset > Restore to factory settings
- And then select Reset phone > Delete option
- It’s time to wait sometime unless the reset process is finished
- Your phone will reboot automatically and it will become a new
Coming across delayed text messages Android or Samsung phone text messages getting delayed is not so common error but sometimes it is very annoying. But everything has a solution so this error too. Delay in receiving text messages can be easily resolved by the methods mentioned in this blog. Follow them and easily troubleshoot delayed text messages on the Android issue.