Are you trying to root or flash your ROM on Samsung phone?
If yes then do you know that it consists lots of risk. Even a small wrong step can lead to bricking of your phone and when such things happen then your device becomes useless entirely.
However, bricking is like a nightmare for several users but still it has lots of risk. So in this blog, I have come up with a complete information about bricked Samsung phone, types of bricks, reasons why the device gets bricked and how to fix bricked Samsung phone.
So let us go through the blog…
About bricked phone- soft and hard brick
Until now there are many users who don’t have a clear knowledge of what is bricked phone actually means. And also don’t know how to fix bricked Samsung phone.
Well, bricked phone means that your device will not boot properly and it will become useless. However, bricked phone is of two types: Soft brick and Hard brick.
- [GUIDE]- How to Recover Data from Bricked Android Phone?
- Samsung Galaxy Battery Drains Fast- 11 Easy To Use Methods To Increase Battery Performance
When your device is bricked then your phone will not turn on but there is something that can be seen after booting your device. This is called as soft brick. You can see some symptoms like device gets frozen, boots in recovery mode, stuck on boot loop, device becomes black or white screen of death error etc.
But the best thing is that soft bricked can be repaired.
Hard brick means that your phone has some hardware problem and it will not turn on your device in any way. No matter you, try whatever methods to fix it but nothing works. It simply means that the device is completely dead.
However, this type of issue occurs rarely but when it happens then you have to take your device to repair center.
Maximum chance occurs of soft bricked that can be fixed with several methods. Now let us also know what can be the reasons for bricked Samsung phone.
What can brick your Samsung phone?
There can be several causes for bricked Samsung devices. However, they can be repaired also. Some of the common scenarios for the situation is:
- Installing an incompatible ROM or trying to flash a device but steps went wrong
- Installing harmful software on your Samsung phone
- Failed to root your device
- Samsung phone bricked because of improper OS upgrade
Solutions: How to fix bricked Samsung phone
Now go through the below methods and know which one works for you to get rid of the issue you are coming across.
Method 1: Wipe data to fix bricked phone
The very first method that you should try to fix the issue is wiping data from your phone. For this, you need to put your phone in Recovery Mode. Follow the below steps:
- First, press and hold Home+ Volume + Power button on your Samsung phone
- Then a menu will popup on screen in which you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” option
- After that, press Menu or Power button
- Again a popup box will occur saying “are you sure”? select “Yes” and then switch off your Samsung phone with Power button
- [100% Working]- How To Bypass Google Account Verification On Samsung Phones
- 8 Methods To Fix “Unfortunately TouchWiz Has Stopped” Error On Samsung Galaxy (Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e Supported)
- [Troubleshooting Guide]- 10 Ways To Fix Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+ Stuck On Samsung Logo
Method 2: Flash a new ROM on your Samsung phone
When you cannot think what to do to fix the issue, then simply flash your device to get rid of bricked Samsung phone. However, flashing a new ROM on your Samsung phone is not easy to do. Just follow the below steps:
Step 1: First, root your device and then unlock Bootloader. However, methods are different for every phone to unlock bootloader, so check your device manual to move ahead.
Step 2: Now choose Backup or Nandroid in recovery mode to backup all data and after that, tap on OK to confirm
Step 3: Here download ROM on other device and save them in SD card. After that, insert SD card on bricked Samsung to start the flashing process
Step 4: Then choose Install Zip from SD card in Recovery Mode. After that, click on choose zip from SD card by Volume Up or Down button to choose ROM you have downloaded. Then click on Power button to confirm
Step 5: At last, click on reboot system now option when installation is over to restart your phone
Method 3: Use Odin Mode to unbrick Samsung phone
When your device gets stuck in recovery mode or don’t turn on, simply using Odin mode can help you to deal with the situation. Several users have used this method to get rid of the issue.
- First, download Odin on PC and download tar file
- Then run Odin as administrator
- Now turn off your Samsung phone and boot it into download mode
- The connect your phone to PC and immediately Odin will detect the device
- After that, tap on PDA/AP to add recovery.tar file. Then tap on Start and flashing process starts
- Now wait for sometime unless flashing is finished and then Samsung phone will automatically reboot
Method 4: Apply One Click Unbrick Software to fix the issue
To fix bricked Samsung phone, you can also go for special tool named as One Click Unbrick Software. Go through the below steps:
- First, use USB cord to generate a connection between bricked phone and PC
- Then right click on jar that you have already downloaded and select Run as Administrator
- Now click on Unsoft Brick to begin the process of unbricking
- When the process is over, simply Reboot your Samsung phone and your device will now run normal as before
Method 5: Unbrick Samsung phone using third party tool (Recommended)
With the above methods, there is yet another powerful way to fix bricked Samsung phone and that is by using Android Data Extraction. This professional tool will help you to fix bricked Samsung phone with ease.
It gives you access to your broken or damaged or bricked Samsung device and retrieve the files from it without any backup. Its easy to use and can be used for any Android devices. It easily solves the problem you come across and helps you to get back inaccessible files from Android.
So without any worry, simply Download Android Data Extraction and unbrick Samsung phone with ease.
Steps to follow to fix bricked Samsung device
Step 1. Connect Your Android Phone
First download Android Recovery software and then select “Recover”
Now connect your android device to PC via USB cable. Also be sure you have enabled USB debugging. After your device gets connected, below mentioned image will appear:
Step 2. Select the file types to scan
After your device is connected to PC, Android Recovery software will display data types that it supports. Here you have to select the data types you want to recover.
If your device is rooted then the software will show you two options: Scan deleted files and scan for all files. Here selecting scan for all files will take longer time but will work effectively.
After that click on “Next” to continue the process.
Now it will scan your device to rescue lost data. This will take few minutes.
Step 3. Now preview and recover deleted data
At last when the entire scanning gets over, you have the preview option where you can check which data to recover. Select them and click “Recover” to save all lost data on your PC.
Well, its not easy to handle any of the issues or errors that come across on Samsung devices but yes, it is not impossible as well. Samsung phone can get bricked due to several reasons but there is nothing to worry as this blog completely describes about how to fix bricked Samsung phone with ease.
If you have any more suggestions or queries then don’t forget to drop them in the below comment section.