Many users have reported about “Samsung Phone Flickering Screen” issue on their devices. Thought they have bought the new device but this annoying issue is just terrifying and they want to get rid of it.
Are you also one of those users who is facing the same issue on your Samsung devices?
If yes then don’t worry, simply read this blog carefully. Here you will get a complete guide on how to fix “Samsung phone flickering screen” issue. Attempt all the solutions given in this blog and you will definitely get rid of the error you are coming across.
What are the reasons behind such flickering issue on Samsung?
Well, users were just looking why such error has occurred. Basically, some users have told that it was due to hardware fault whereas some has reported it was due to software problem.
Nevertheless, some or the other issues are there to popup such error on Samsung phone. Almost all models of Samsung have gone through this flickering issue.
After going through different forums and discussions, I have found some clue that forces you to say that your device is showing flickering screen issue:
- Black or white flickering line shows up randomly on screen
- While touching the screen, pixels flickers through the entire screen
- Sometimes, the phone screen is half blink and turns white or black
- On low brightness then screen flickers on Samsung Galaxy
May be there are some other issues as well that can lead to such error but yes, when it happens them users need it to solve immediately.
Hopefully there are some tips and tricks that will help to deal with the situation and will allow you to fix flickering screen issue on Samsung phone.
- [Solved]- How To Fix Bricked Samsung Phone With 5 Easy & Effective Ways
- Samsung Galaxy Battery Drains Fast- 11 Easy To Use Methods To Increase Battery Performance
- [100% Working]- How To Bypass Google Account Verification On Samsung Phones
- 8 Methods To Fix “Unfortunately TouchWiz Has Stopped” Error On Samsung Galaxy (Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e Supported)
- [Troubleshooting Guide]- 10 Ways To Fix Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+ Stuck On Samsung Logo
How to fix Samsung screen flickering issue
Now there can be several scenarios that can lead to such unexpected error but the good thing is that, they can be resolved. A quick guide can better guide you how to fix the screen flickering issue on Samsung devices.
So let’s walk through the fixes:
Method 1: Check for OS update
The very first thing you are recommended to do is to check whether your device needs to be updated or not. Check whether its running on latest version by simply going to Settings > About phone. There you will get the details of software update.
If any update is available the click on UPDATE option. This is very simple and updating your device OS might solve the problem.
Method 2: Boot your device in Safe mode
This is one of the helpful ways to fix the issue you are coming across. Booting device in safe mode means you will go back to stock Android and can check if any unwanted thing is creating problem.
As you come across screen flickering issue on your phone, you should boot your device in safe mode by following the below steps:
- Press and hold Power button unless Power menu appears on screen
- Now press and hold Power button unless you get Safe Mode popup
- Here you will be asked to confirm “Reboot to safe mode”, simply move ahead and click on OK.
- Now your phone will boot in safe mode and the third party apps installed on your device will be disabled
Method 3: Ensure all apps are updated
The third party apps may be the culprit for the issue you are coming across, therefore its better to keep them updated. It is always mandatory to check for update section for the particular apps.
Simply go to Google Play Store > My Apps and check which apps need an update. If any of them have an update option then immediately press it and keep all apps up to date. Doing this has a maximum chance to fix Samsung phone screen flickering issue.
But still if you face the same issue then move to next method.
- [Troubleshooting Guide]- 10 Ways To Fix “Moisture Detected” Error on Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e
- Samsung Contacts Disappeared- Here Are Best Ways To Recover Deleted Contacts
- Photos Disappeared From Samsung Galaxy Note 9- How to Recover?
Method 4: Turn off hardware overlays
When your phone’s screen is set in low brightness then trying to switch off hardware overlays can solve the issue. This is because sometimes Samsung device don’t able to understand whether to use software or hardware for light settings.
So you should try the below steps:
- Go to Settings > System > About Device
- Now tap on Build number for 7 times until you see “you are a developer now”
- After that, go back to Settings > system > Developer options
- And at last, move down to Drawing section or Rendering Section and then click on Turn off hardware overlays or in disable hardware overlays to tell device to use GPU for screen adjustments every time
Method 5: Deactivate Adaptive brightness on device
This means that brightness of your phones screen automatically changes according to outside lite. Because of this, when you cover phone’s photometric sensors then screen becomes dark and when uncovered then it becomes bright again.
Simply follow the below steps:
- First, go to Settings > Display > Brightness
- Here search for the option Automatic/Adaptive brightness and deselect it
Though you have done this method but it may be not the permanent solution for screen flickering issue on Samsung phone.
Method 6: Wipe cache partition
Simply wiping cache partition can also help you to deal with the issue you are coming across. Follow the below steps:
- First, switch off your Samsung phone
- Then press and hold Power + Volume + Home button unless Android logo Some Samsung device don’t have Home button, they can press and hold Power + Volume Up + Bixby button
- On doing this, you will see Recovery Mode option and below that, Wipe Cache Partition.
- Using the volume buttons, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ and then confirm it with Power button
- After doing this, now select Reboot System Now and then confirm it with Power key
Method 7: Do hard reset of your phone
When none of the above methods work for you to fix Screen flickering issue on Samsung phone then last option left is doing Factory Reset of the phone.
But remember that doing this method will erase your important data stored on phone so kindly backup all your files previously to avoid data loss situation.
Now follow the below steps:
- First, boot you Samsung device into Recovery mode
- After that, choose Wipe data/Factory reset and then press Power button
- When resetting process is over, your phone will automatically restart. After this, you can check for the issue if it is solved or not.
So, all these are some of the best ways to fix Samsung phone screen flickering issue.
How to recover deleted files from Android when screen keeps flashing or flickering?
Users generally think of their data to be safe and secure and never want to lose them. But several times, the data gets deleted due to several issues as mentioned in this blog. So in this situation, you can use Android Data Recovery to retrieve the lost files from Android phone. This is a powerful recovery tool, developed for Android users to get back wiped away data from phone.
Screen flickering or flashing issue on Samsung phone is not a new thing as lots of users has reported about this problem. However, in this blog I have discussed 7 best methods to deal with the issue and hope that following those ways will help you to fix Samsung phone flickering screen issue with ease.
Further, if you have any suggestions or queries then mention them in the below comment section.