Are you one of the iPhone user who is facing trouble on their devices like iPhone 8 won’t turn on issue?
I m sure you are reading this blog post because something may have happened serious as per the above question.
But don’t worry if you have come across the situation mentioned above because in this article, I will introduce the reasons behind iPhone X/8/7 won’t turn on issue and also address the ways to fix it.
Generally, we all use Smartphone’s of various brands and some or the other day, we all come across several types of issues on our device and it may be either hardware or software issue.
Mostly issues was seen of some unexpected errors and some issues like device does not turn on, fail to charge or others.
The issues was seen in Apple’s iPhone 8 and many users have reported about the issue. And for you relief, I have brought some best ways to fix iPhone 8 won’t turn on issue.
So let us find out what are the reasons behind it and the solutions. But before that, I would like to interact the example of some users who have reported about the issue.
Hi all, I’m new to the forum.
I replaced the battery in my iPhone 5 this week. Afterwards it wouldn’t turn on. The screen stays completely blank. I’ve tried holding home and power buttons together. I’ve also tried connecting it up to iTunes. Funnily enough the phone is recognised and I can see the battery charging status in iTunes but the storage bar is all yellow instead of split up depending on content. My computer also lets me access the hard disc so can still view photos.
Any idea what may be wrong? I’ve tried the original battery back in the phone but no change. I may have to just sell the phone for spares now, but not sure how I would wipe the hard-disc if phone won’t turn on! iTunes fails when I try to sync it.
Any help would be great. Been a very expensive week
Why is my iPhone 8 not turning on
As already discussed above that the issue behind the error was due to either software or hardware one. This usually happens when the software gets crashed or when the system shows fatal error. In this situation, iPhone won’t turn on and at that time, it needs to reset or restore.
The hardware issue occurs when your phone get wet or dropped somewhere and iPhone shuts off. Even battery dead issue is one of the reasons that fails to turn on your phone and users ask how to turn on iPhone.
What are the symptoms of iPhone not turning on?
Few symptoms can help you to find the issue behind iPhone not turning on issue. Some of them include:
- Mobile won’t turn on while pressing Home button
- Phone shows black screen
- Connect to iTunes message occurs and after that nothing happens
- Your iPhone only works when connected to power directly
- Device only responds when Home/Sleep button is pressed but immediately turns off
After knowing all the reasons behind iPhone 8 won’t turn on, now its time to know the troubleshooting ways to fix the issue on your phone.
Let’s dive right to the Solutions…
Solution 1: Charge your phone
If your phone is in good condition and if you are lucky enough then the problem of iPhone not turning on issue can be solved by simply charging your device.
Many times, due to low battery, the device shuts down and it turns black. So it does not mean that your phone has a issue. So once, you should check your device by simply charging your device and see whether it is turning on or not.
If the problem still continues then it might be some other problem. So move to next solution.
Solution 2: Allow your iPhone to charge for 30 minutes
It might be due to your phone was not charged for some time and when you plug it for charging then it might not switch on immediately.
So it is suggested to allow your phone to charge for at least 30 minutes as your device might have drained fully.
Solution 3: Do hard reset of your iPhone
When you still face the same problem and your iPhone 8 won’t turn on still then you should follow some other ways. For that, you have to do a hard reset of your phone.
Below mentioned are the steps to follow to do hard reset of your iPhone of different models.
For iPhone 8, 8 Plus, or X
- Press Volume Up button immediately and again release is instantly
- After you release the Volume Up Button, immediately press Volume Down button
- Now long press Slider button which is also known as Power or Wake/Sleep button
- When Apple logo appears, release it
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- First, press and hold Power or Wake/Sleep button
- Now hold Volume Down button and keep pressing Power button
- Continue pressing both buttons together for another 10 seconds
- When Apple logo appears, release them
For iPhone 6s or older devices
- First, long press Power or Wake/Sleep button
- Now long press Home button along with Power button
- Continue holding both buttons together for 10 seconds
- When you see Apple logo on iPhone screen, release the buttons
Solution 4: Use new set of charger or adapter
Many iPhone users don’t think that this step will give them the solution they are facing. But still, there is no harm in trying this process as you cannot know which one will work for you.
Obviously, no one wants to face any kind of problem on his or her phone so when it comes to charge your phone, you should try another charger or adapter if you have. If you have another iPhone, or your friend has then you can try the lightening cable to charge your iPhone 8 from it.
Solution 5: Restore your iPhone using iTunes
To solve the problem, you can try using iTunes to get out of the situation. You should restore your device with iTunes as this step can fix iPhone won’t turn on issue. But it has one drawback that it will erase all your data from device. So kindly backup all your data first and then follow the below steps:
- First, connect your iPhone to system and launch an updated iTunes version
- After that, select iPhone from devices icon and then move to Summary tab
- Now tap on “Restore iPhone” option
- At last, confirm your selection and wait for sometime until iTunes restore your iPhone
Solution 6: Ensure the problem is not the screen issue
You should have a clear concept between No Power and Black Screen issue on your phone. iPhone won’t turn on means that there will be no life at all. No notification, no LED light and nothing else.
But if the problem is of Black Screen then it may allow iTunes to detect your phone but screen remains black. Even it means that your device is not totally dead so it has other solutions too. Read How to fix Black Screen issue on iPhone.
So here, it becomes important to recognize the problem on your phone is actually suffering from. And then take the proper steps to get rid of it.
Solution 7: Charge your iPhone using computer
You might have noticed that when your connect your phone to PC then it begins to charge. So once you can try to connect your phone to computer and check whether it is charging or not.
If the thing is going good then leave it for some time to charge your phone. And later on create a backup of all your data and then do a factory reset of your device.
Solution 8: Restore your phone to factory settings in DFU mode
When nothing works then one method is still left and that is by putting your device in DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode where you can reset to factory settings. This process is done by using iTunes.
This step will fix iPhone XR/XS (Max)/8/7/6 won’t turn on issue and will also update your device to stable OS version.
Now follow the steps to put your phone in DFU mode:
For iPhone 6s and older models
- First, press and hold Power or wake/sleep button
- Now continue to hold Power button and press Home button. Press both button for next 8-10 seconds
- Leave the Power button but continue pressing Home button
- Now release the Home button when your phone enters DFU mode
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- First, hold Power or Wake/Sleep button and then Volume Down button together
- Continue pressing both buttons for next 8-10 seconds
- Then leave the Power button but hold Volume Down button
- At last, leave the Volume Down button when your phone enters DFU mode
For iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X
- Press Volume Up button first and immediately release it
- After that, press Volume Down button and release it
- Now keep holding Power button until screen goes off
- Then press Volume Down button but continue holding Power button
- Continue holding both button for next 5 seconds and then release Power button but keep holding Volume Down button
- At last, release Volume Down button when your device enters DFU mode
Now follow the below steps after putting your phone in DFU mode:
- First, launch an iTunes updated version and then connect your device on it
- Select the right key combination to put your phone in DFU mode
- When your iTunes will detect the issue then it will display the following prompt
- At last, confirm the choice and select to restore your phone
Don’t have time to follow all the above solutions? Don’t worry, direct solution is still left to use and that is by using third party program.
- [Problem Solved] iPhone 6 Battery Draining Fast All Of A Sudden (2018 Updated)
- 9 Ways To Fix ‘iPhone Stuck On White Screen of Death’ (iPhone XR/XS/XS Max Supported)
- Fix iPhone Stuck on ‘Connect to iTunes’ Screen After iOS 12 Update
- 9 Solutions To Fix iPhone Stuck on “Verifying Update” Screen [iOS 12 Supported]
Solution 9: Use third party software to fix iPhone won’t turn on issue
When you fail to turn on your phone by following the above methods then you should try iOS System Repair to get out of the issue. This is one of the best and most recommended solutions to fix common glitches on iOS devices.
It’s easy to use and fixes every errors on iPhone/iPad that occurs due to several reasons. The issue like iPhone 8 won’t turn on is a big problem and you should use this tool to resolve the error. You don’t have to worry about the problem as it works effectively. Not only it solves this issue but several issues are also resolved like iPhone black screen/blue screen/white screen, stuck on recovery mode and many more.
So without wasting time, Free Download iOS System Repair and solve iPhone 8 won’t turn on issue with ease.
Step by step guide on how to fix iPhone 8 won’t turn on issue
Step 1: Connect your iOS device
First launch iOS System Recovery and then select ‘Repair’ option
After that, connect your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) to your PC via USB cable. When the software detects your device then click on “Start” to continue the process.
After that, it will display the device information like model name, system version, baseband version etc and then click on Next to continue.
Step 2: Boot your iOS device in DFU mode
If you face problem in your iOS device that it is not functioning normally then the software will remind you to boot the device in DFU mode. After that follow the instructions to boot your idevice in DFU mode.
- First power off your iPhone
- Press and hold Volume down button and power button all together for 10 seconds
- Now release the power button but hold Volume down button until DFU mode comes on the device
Steps to boot other devices in DFU mode:
- Switch off your iPhone.
- After that press and hold, the Power button and Home button together for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but hold the Home button until the device is in DFU mode.
Step 3: Select and download the firmware
If you want a successful recovery then select the correct model and firmware and after that click on Download.
As the firmware is large so it may take some time to download completely. In between, you make sure that network is good. If you face any trouble in downloading firmware then you can simply click on Copy to download the firmware from Apple official site and select to restore download firmware.
Step 4: Fix iOS to normal status
After the download is finished, click on “Fix Now” to begin repairing your iOS and make your device to work normally again.
At last, when the entire process completes, your iOS devices will restart into normal mode as usual. If the device does not boot normally then click on Try Again to start the process.
Solution 10: Contact Apple Genius Bar to fix the issue
When the problem is related to hardware then its not easy to fix the problem you are facing at that time. In such situation, you can visit Apple service center. You should book an appointment to Apple Genius Bar of your nearby location.
Even you can book an appointment at Apple Genius Bar online also which will help you to assist the problem with professionals and you can fix the issue.
So all these are common solutions that can help you to fix iPhone 8 won’t turn on issue. It does not mean that other iPhone models cannot face the same issue, so whenever your come across iPhone keeps turning off then follow these solutions of this blog and you will definitely get rid of the issue.
Apart from this, if you have any more suggestions or solutions then don’t forget to drop a comment in the below comment section.