Facebook plays an important role in everyone’s life and so it is used widely in the entire world. It is a popular Social Networking site where users can chat with friends or colleagues, upload photos, like and share them, video calling feature and many others.
Nowadays, all the social networking sites are accessed on Smartphones on both Android and iOS like iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
Slowly the chats and conversations on Facebook increases and we all have some or other important messages on Facebook.
But have you ever thought what would happen when you lose your important Facebook messages from iPhone and how to recover them?
Well, if you have come across the situation and still looking what to do then I have something for you. Now stop worrying and just relax. This blog will focus on your issue and it will guide you on how to retrieve deleted Facebook Messages from iPhone with ease.
Jump to content directly
Are the deleted Facebook Messages really deleted?
Do you have this type of questions or queries on mind? If yes then I have the answer for you.
Facebook messages and other data from phone generally don’t get deleted permanently when they are once deleted. What actually means that whenever your Facebook messages are deleted then actually they are not removed.
If you accidentally press the delete button and some messages gets erased then instead of removing completely, the messages are sent to archived folder.
So, you have a chance to get those chats back again without any worry.
How can I view secret conversation on Messenger?
Well, few steps to follow can help you to view the secret conversation on Facebook messenger. Just follow the steps:
- First, open Facebook Messenger app
- After that, click on “Settings” in bottom right hand corner
- Now choose “People” option and after that “Message Requests”
- Click on “See filtered requests” option that you will get any existing request
- And that’s it, all your unread messages will be seen here
How to archive your Facebook messages on iPhone/iPad?
One of the best ways to deal with your messenger messages is by archiving them for later use. The best thing is that the archived messages can be retrieved anytime you wish.
So, here are the steps to follow:
- First, you have to click on “Facebook Messenger” app to open
- Now choose “Messages” tab
- After that, search the conversation you wish to archive
- Now click on the particular chat or conversation to select
- Then click on “Archive” to send messages to archives and remove it from list
Following the steps are very easy to archive Facebook Messenger messages on iPhone/iPad. And whenever you wish to retrieve them, you can make them easily.
How to recover deleted Facebook messages from iPhone?
Here I am going to explain you few best methods to deal with Facebook messages deletion. Follow them one by one to get back lost messages from iPhone.
Method 1: Get back your Facebook chats from your friend
The first and best way to get back deleted messages from Facebook is by asking to your friend. This will work effectively when you don’t know how to get the conversations back after you deleted them accidentally.
Only you have to text your friend, tell them what had happened and then ask them to send a copy of your chats. Its that easy.
Method 2: How to find Archived Facebook messages on iPhone?
As I have already told you how to archive messages so whenever they disappear, you can easily get them back. Follow the below steps to retrieve archived messages from Facebook.
- First, you need to find the archived messages by simply typing friend’s name in search box. Even you can check the entire archive by going to More > Archived under Messages.
- Now select the name of your friend whom you want to view the messages. A window will display where all your past conversations will be available between you and your friend. Just tap on Action and then on “Unarchive”
Method 3: How to check lost Facebook messages from Email account
If you have selected to receive “All Notifications, except the ones you unsubscribe from” from email then you can get back deleted conversations from Facebook with ease.
Just need to follow the below steps:
- You have to go to email and then search the message you want to check. You will obviously get them in your mailbox only when you have enabled message backup on email from Facebook
- Remember that the message backup always comes with notifications. But you should be happy that your important chats are able to view
Method 4: How to retrieve deleted Facebook messages from Download Archive
Every user has some or other important messages on Facebook and when you mistakenly delete them then also you can get those chats back by downloading a copy of Facebook data that contains videos, photos, contacts etc.
The steps you need to follow are:
- First, you have to login to Facebook account via email ID and password
- After that, go to Settings by taping on small icon
- Then tap on “Your Facebook Information” option and tap on “View” from Download Your Information part
- Here you will get a page where you have to select the data you wish. As per your wish, you can select the messages to download from Facebook. Here you can also tap on “Create File” button
- After that, you will get a link from Facebook of that particular file and then you have to download ASAP because that file will only be available for few days.
Method 5: How to recover deleted Facebook Messages from iPhone (without archive)
Apart from the above mentioned ways, I will suggest you to once try iOS Data Recovery to get back lost Facebook messages from iPhone. This software works efficiently to retrieve lost photos, videos, text messages along with app data from Facebook with ease.
It supports every iPhone models like iPhone XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6S/6S Plus, 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5S/5/4S, iPod Touch 5, and all iPad models. Using this software is not a difficult one as it can be accessed without any technical skills. It works on every iOS version (iOS 12 supported).
So now, you don’t have to worry, simply Download iOS Data Recovery and retrieve missing Facebook Messages from iPhone with ease.
Complete guide on how to restore lost Facebook conversation
Step 1. Connect iOS Device with Computer
First connect your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) to your computer via USB cable and after that launch the Recovery software and select “Recover”.
As soon it detects your device, the below window will appear
Step 2. Scan your device for lost data
Now you have to click on “Start Scan” option to scan your iOS devices to check the lost/deleted data. This process may take few minutes depending on your data. However if you find the data that you want in between then press “Pause” button to stop the process.
Step 3: Preview and recover the scanned data
After the scanning process is over, result will appear of both existing as well as lost. If you want to filter then you can select “Only display the deleted items” to ON. Here you can preview the data. Even you can search the for the particular file in the search box and at last save the data by clicking the recovery button.
Well, this blog completely describes about how to retrieve deleted Facebook conversations from iPhone and I hope whatever ways I have suggested would help you to deal with the situation. In fact, you can also use iOS Data Recovery tool that works effectively to restore the chats from FB.
Further, if you have any suggestions or queries then don’t forget to mention them in the below comment section.