Did your Samsung contacts disappeared after update? Looking why Samsung S10 contacts disappeared or Samsung S8 contacts disappeared or worried why contacts keep disappearing Android? If your answer is a BIG YES then I am here to help you. Simply read this article and find your disappeared contacts from Samsung.
According to me, contacts are one of the important data that needs to be used always to communicate with family, friends, and others. If you have contacts then you can call up anyone anytime for any reason, right?
But what to do when some contacts disappeared from Android?
There is nothing to panic, because you still have a chance to recover contacts on Samsung phone. go through this blog learn 6 ways on how to recover deleted contacts from Samsung phone.
The best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from Android phones. Some unique features include:
- Directly recover several data types like photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover lost data in any critical situation like accidental, unintentional, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Provides one-click option to “Recover” deleted files without backup
Why are some of my contacts are missing from Samsung phone?
Well, losing all your data like contacts can be frustrating no matter how much you take care of it.
Here are a few reasons mentioned that can help you to know why Samsung contacts disappeared:
- Accidentally or mistakenly deleting your contacts
- Formating the device
- Android OS becomes corrupt
- Harmful virus can disappear all your contacts
- Factory reset is yet another reason for data loss
Though all the above reasons can lead to the loss of contacts, but still you can feel relax. This is because you can restore lost contacts from Samsung phone or tablet with ease.
How Do I Recover Deleted Contacts From Samsung Phone?
After your Samsung contacts disappeared, you lose hope of getting them back. But there is nothing to worry about you can recover lost contacts from Samsung phones in an easy way.
Method 1: Check all contacts displayed on Android
Many times it is seen that your contacts are no more on your Android device but the fact is that they are still present on it but not visible. Those contacts are saved on the device but not able to view at that moment.
The contacts apps that you have on your device, no matter what model and version you are having can help you to rediscover all contacts that are saved on device memory, or stored on a SIM card or synced with email accounts and those that are backed up on memory card.
So follow the steps below to look for your contacts on your phone first:
- First, go to the Contacts app on your device
- Now click on three dots on the top-right screen and go to the Settings menu of the app
- Here you have to click on Settings and after that press Contacts
- Now choose Contacts to display option
Method 2: Get back disappeared contacts from Samsung Account
Samsung user can easily set up their device with a Samsung account and this is also a great way to restore missing contacts on phone.
This account can backup data like contacts, settings, and calendar.
Follow the below steps to retrieve contacts from the Samsung account:
- Go to Apps > Settings > Cloud > Restore
- After doing this, your device will start to restore every backup
- Mark the items you want to restore and then click on “Restore Now”
After this, all your contacts along with other data will be downloaded. Now wait for some time until you get a message stating “Data Restore” and that’s all.
Method 3: Recover lost Samsung contacts from Gmail
You know that while you set up your device, Google account is required. This account helps to sync all contacts from Samsung devices which later on help to restore entire contacts to date. But also remember that it should be done within 30 days.
Do the following steps:
- First login to Google Account and then go to Contacts in Gmail
- Now tap on the More button and choose Undo Contacts
- Here you have to select the time period of restoration and even you can customize the time period
- At last press on the Confirm button and all your contacts will be restored
Now you can easily re-sync all contacts on your Samsung account and easily get them back.
Method 4: Retrieve disappeared Samsung contacts from Local backup (Smart Switch)
Apart from Samsung Account, there are yet other options as well and they are Samsung Kies and Smart Switch. Many of them might use these options. So if you also use such options to backup your data then it will be easy to recover contacts within a few seconds.
Therefor to rescue erased contacts from Samsung Kies or Smart Switch, only you need to connect your phone to PC and then run the program.
Here are the steps to recover contacts using Smart Switch:
- First, open Samsung Smart Switch on your phone
- Then tap on Settings > Cloud and account > Smart Switch > More > External storage transfer > Restore
- After that, choose contacts you want to recover
- At last, click on the Restore option
Method 5: How to recover Samsung phone lost contacts from SD Card
If you are smart enough to back up your lost data in a safe place then obviously you have created a backup of contacts to any external storage media in the form of .csv or .vcf. and you can restore them easily.
Only you have to insert your memory card back to your device, import files and you can see all your contacts back on your device.
Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the Contacts app on your device, click on the three-dot menu, and choose Settings
- Now on the new screen, select the option Import/Export and click on it
- After selecting the Import tab, select import contacts from the MicroSD card and stored file with explorer
- Even you can use the same menu option to import contacts stored on the SIM card by selecting Import from SIM card option
Well if you have created a backup then obviously all your contacts will be restored without any issue. All your new contacts will be added to the library and a notification will be received of the number of contacts imported.
Method 6: Best way to restore disappeared Samsung contacts without backup
After following all the above methods, if you still fail to do so then you need to use professional recovery software. Android Data Recovery software is one of the reliable and efficient recovery tools that can help to recover deleted contacts from Samsung or Android devices.
It supports every Samsung device including models of Galaxy S9/S8/S7/S6, Note 9/8/5/4, A9/A8/A7 etc. Apart from contacts, this powerful software also recovers other data as well such as photos, videos, call history, messages, WhatsApp, documents etc.
No matter how your data is lost from Samsung phone, this powerful software will easily restore disappeared contacts from Samsung phone without backup. So I will suggest you to Download Android Data Recovery software and rescue deleted contacts from Samsung with ease.
Bonus tip- How to backup contacts from Samsung phone?
You should know that data loss is a common situation and it can occur anytime to any user. So why to take risk of your data. You can backup all your important data like contacts from your Samsung Galaxy phones by using Android Data Backup & Restore Tool.
This is an easy to use tool that helps to backup all your important files and whenever required, you can easily restore them without any issue.
Contacts are very important for every user, not only for Samsung but even other Android users as well. Therefore, it becomes essential for everyone to back up his or her important data from Samsung phones so that you don’t have to bear the pain of any data loss.
This blog completely describes what to do when Samsung contacts disappeared using various methods. For easy and fast recovery, use Android Data Recovery software.