Did your Samsung contacts disappeared after update? Looking at why Samsung S10 contacts disappeared or Samsung S8 contacts disappeared or worried about why contacts keep disappearing Android? Or Even, you just want to know why do my contacts disappeared on my Samsung?
Well, there can be lots more questions in your mind when your important phone numbers are lost, right? But, No need to worry. I have a solution to get out of this kind of data loss.
Just go through this article as I have discussed several feasible and best ways to find and recover contacts disappeared from Samsung phones.
Why are some of my contacts are missing from Samsung phone?
Well, losing all your data like contacts can be frustrating no matter how much you take care of it. But, you might always be eager to know why have my contacts disappeared from my Samsung Galaxy, right?
Well, here are a few reasons I have mentioned to help you know why Samsung contacts disappeared:
- Accidentally or mistakenly deleting your contacts
- Formating the Samsung device
- Android OS becomes corrupt
- The harmful virus can disappear from all your contacts
- Factory reset is yet another reason for data loss
Though all the above reasons can lead to the loss of contacts, still you can feel relaxed. This is because you can restore lost contacts from a Samsung phone or tablet with ease.
How Do I Recover Lost Or Deleted Contacts From Samsung Phone?
After your Samsung contacts disappeared, you lose hope of getting them back. But there is nothing to worry about, you can recover lost contacts from Samsung phones easily.
Method 1: Check all contacts displayed on Android
Many times, it is seen that your contacts are no more on your Android device, but the fact is that they are still present on it but not visible. Those contacts are saved on the device but not able to view at that moment.
The contacts apps that you have on your device, no matter what model and version you are having can help you to rediscover all contacts.
It does not matter whether they are saved on device memory, stored on a SIM card, or synced with email accounts and those that are backed up on a memory card.
So follow the steps below to check and get back contacts disappeared from Samsung:
- First, go to the Contacts app on your device
- Now, click on three dots on the top-right screen and go to the Settings menu of the app
- Here you have to click on Settings and after that press Contacts
- Now choose the Contacts to display option
Method 2: Get back disappeared contacts from Samsung Account
Samsung user can easily set up their device with a Samsung account and this is also a great way to restore missing contacts on the phone. This account can backup data like contacts, settings, and calendars.
Follow the below steps to retrieve contacts from the Samsung account:
- Go to Apps > Settings > Cloud > Restore
- After doing this, your device will start to restore every backup
- Mark the items you want to restore and then click on “Restore Now”
After this, all your contacts along with other data will be downloaded. Now, wait for some time until you get a message stating “Data Restore” and that’s all. I hope you have successfully followed the steps on how to retrieve contacts from Samsung cloud.
Method 3: Recover lost Samsung contacts from Gmail
You know that while you set up your device, a Google account is required. This account helps to sync all contacts from Samsung devices which later on helps to restore entire contacts to date. But also remember that it should be done within 30 days.
Follow the below steps to recover contacts from Gmail:
- First login to your Google Account and then go to Contacts in Gmail
- Now tap on the More button and choose Undo Contacts
- Here you have to select the period of restoration and you can even customize the period
- At last press the Confirm button and all your contacts will be restored
Now you can easily re-sync all contacts on your Samsung account and restore contacts on Samsung s21.
Method 4: Retrieve disappeared Samsung contacts from Local backup (Smart Switch)
Apart from Samsung Account, there are yet other options as well and they are Samsung Kies and Smart Switch. Many of them might use these options. So if you also use such options to backup your data then it will be easy to recover contacts within a few seconds.
Therefore, to rescue erased contacts from Samsung Kies or Smart Switch, only you need to connect your phone to a PC and then run the program.
Here are the steps to recover contacts on Samsung S22 using Smart Switch:
- First, open the Samsung Smart Switch on your phone
- Then tap on Settings > Cloud and account > Smart Switch > More > External storage transfer > Restore
- After that, choose the contacts you want to recover
- At last, click on the Restore option
Method 5: How to recover Samsung phone lost contacts from SD Card
If you are smart enough to back up your lost data in a safe place then obviously you have created a backup of contacts to any external storage media in the form of .csv or .vcf. and you can restore them easily.
Only you have to insert your memory card back to your device, import files and you can see all your contacts back on your device.
Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the Contacts app on your device, click on the three-dot menu, and choose Settings
- Now on the new screen, select the option Import/Export and click on it
- After selecting the Import tab, select import contacts from the MicroSD card and store files with the explorer
- Even you can use the same menu option to import contacts stored on the SIM card by selecting the Import from SIM card option
Well, if you have created a backup, all your contacts will be restored without any issues. All your new contacts will be added to the library and a notification will be received of the number of contacts imported.
Method 6: Best way to restore disappeared Samsung contacts without backup (Recommended)
After following all the above methods, if you still fail to do so then you need to use professional recovery software. Android Data Recovery software is one of the reliable and efficient recovery tools that can help to recover deleted contacts from Samsung or Android devices.
It supports every Samsung device including models of Galaxy S24/S24+/S24 Ultra, Galaxy S23/S23+/S23 Ultra, Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra, Galaxy S21/S21 Plus/S21 Ultra/S20/S20 Plus/S10/S9/S8/S7/S6, Note 9/8/5/4, A9/A8/A7, etc. Apart from contacts, this powerful software also recovers other data as well such as photos, videos, call history, messages, WhatsApp, documents, etc.
No matter how your data is lost from the Samsung phone, this powerful software will easily restore disappeared contacts from the Samsung phone without backup.
So I will suggest you Download Android Data Recovery software and rescue deleted contacts from Samsung with ease.
The best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from Android phones. Some unique features include:
- Directly recover several data types like photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover lost data in any critical situation like a broken screen, accidental, unintentional, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Provides one-click option to "Recover" deleted files without backup
Pro tip- How to backup contacts from Samsung phone?
You should know that data loss is a common situation and it can occur anytime to any user. So why take a risk with your data? Always backup your important data including contacts to several backup options like Samsung Cloud, Google Drive, etc.
But, if you want to back up all your contacts in an easy way then you should go for Android Data Backup & Restore Tool.
This is an effective tool that helps to back up all your important files and whenever required, you can easily restore them without any issue.
Why did my contacts disappeared on my Samsung?
There are several reasons that can delete contacts from a Samsung phone. Some of them include:
- Accidentally deletion
- Formatting the device
- Virus attack
- Water damage
- Phone stolen
How do I get my contacts back on Samsung?
You can check and get back disappeared contacts from Samsung phone through below steps:
- Go to the phone's Settings app
- Now, tap on Google
- After that, click on the Setup & restore.
- Now, click on Restore contacts.
- When you have multiple Google Accounts, you need to select which account's contacts to restore and click on From account.
- Here you need to click on the phone with the contacts to copy
How can I recover deleted contacts without any backup?
When you don’t have any backup of contacts then you should go for professional recovery software like Android data recovery. This effective tool helps to recover disappeared contacts from Samsung phones. Using this recovery program, all data is recovered without any backup.
Contacts are very important for every user, not only for Samsung but even for other Android users as well. Therefore, it becomes essential for everyone to back up his or her important data from Samsung phones so that you don’t have to bear the pain of any data loss.
This blog completely describes what to do when Samsung contacts disappeared using various methods. For easy and fast recovery, use Android Data Recovery software.
Sophia Louis is a professional blogger and SEO expert from last 11 years. Loves to write blogs & articles related to Android & iOS Phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS-data-recovery and always looks forward to solve issues related to Android & iOS devices