Did your iTunes music disappeared from your iPhone after updating to iOS 14/13/12 and looking to recover deleted music on iPhone? If yes then this article will definitely help you to retrieve iTunes music from iPhone.
Music is loved by everyone and is one of the best ways to keep you relaxed in every situation especially it relieves stress and tension. Millions of Smartphones are used to listen to music, no matter whatever phone you use.
But several users have reported that they have come across an error where they have got “iTunes music disappeared” from iPhone. In this condition, you never know what actually deleted your iTunes music from your phone.
Now if the situation is with you then don’t worry, this blog is definitely for you where you will know how to fix Music missing from iPhone after update and how to recover deleted iTunes music from iPhone.
This is the best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Some unique features include:
- Provides 3 recovery modes: allows to recover iPhone data directly, extract data from iCloud and iTunes backup files.
- Recovers lost data in any situation like accidental, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Provides simple user interface and one-click option to “Recover” deleted files without backup
Jump to content directly
Possible reasons why “iTunes music missing from iPhone”?
When your iPhone music is missing then ensure that some wrong has happened to lead to such loss. Some of them include:
- If an iOS update error occurs then it can lead to “Music disappears from iPhone”
- Might be music is deleted accidentally
- Backup errors in iTunes delete your music file
- Music files automatically deletes while syncing via Wi-Fi
- May be music was not downloaded to your iPhone
- You have logged out of iTunes and hence music is not showing
After knowing the common reasons to lead music file deletion, now let us go through the ways to fix “iTunes music disappeared from iPhone”.
How to Fix “Music Missing from iPhone”
Here I will guide you some of the best way to fix iTunes music disappeared from iPhone. All the solutions are tried by users and has shown a positive result. And then you will also get the ways to recover deleted music from iPhone.
Fixes 1: Restart your iPhone
Whenever you come across any kind of glitches on your phone then it can be solved by restarting your phone. Several minor issues have the solution by restarting the phone, so go through it.
- For iPhone 6/6S or below, you have to press the Home + Sleep/Wake button unless you see the Apple logo on the screen
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, hold the Sleep/Wake + Volume Down button unless Apple Logo occurs on your iPhone screen
- For iPhone 8/8 Plus/XR/XS (Max), press and leave Volume Up button immediately. Also, follow the same with Volume Down. Now hold the Power button unless you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Fixes 2: Sign in with your Apple ID on iPhone
Many times you might log out from your Apple account and in such case, your music gets hidden. So here you have to log in to your Apple account again to check if music appears or not.
- First, go to Settings and then sign in to your iPhone
- Here you have to enter your login credentials
- If your account is enabled with two-factor notification then enter 6 digit code
Fixes 3: Ensure Show Apple Music is enabled on iPhone/iPad
You should also check whether the Apple Music service is turned on or not. If it is not enabled then you cannot see music on your iPhone.
So the issue can be due to this also so switch on your Apple Music service and check whether the missing music from iPhone is returned back or not.
Simply go to Settings and then move to the Music option and enable the option “Show Apple Music”. After doing this, wait for some moment and your music will be seen on your device.
Fixes 4: Remove every junk files
When you face such kind of issue on your iPhone then make sure you delete all the junk files from the phone. The saved junk files take lots of storage space and might lead to music loss.
So ensure you clear all the junk files from your iPhone so that your device free up some storage and then check whether your missing music appears or not.
Fixes 5: Log in to your iTunes with Apple ID
Many users have more than one Apple account and by mistake, you might have added the account you have not used for iTunes. In such a situation, whatever music was synced to the iPhone might disappears automatically.
So you should ensure your Apple ID by checking iTunes and iDevices.
- For iTunes– First, open iTunes and choose Store > View Account. Also, make sure the mail id should match with the one you have used on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
- For iDevice– First open Settings > iTunes and App Store. Now check if the mail matches with the one in your iTunes
When your both emails don’t match then sign in with Apple ID you have purchased music and after that sync iTunes music to iPhone/iPad.
Fixes 6: Re-download Music on iPhone
When you don’t get your music files on your phone then the best option is to re-download them again. With the help of iTunes, you can do that.
Simply add your music to iTunes and then sync your device to it and you can get back you’re missing music files.
How to recover ‘iTunes music disappeared from iPhone’
Now let’s go through the methods to recover lost music from iPhone. Some of the best ways are:
Method 1: Best way to recover deleted music from iPhone using professional recovery tool (Recommended)
The best way to get back deleted music from iPhone is by using iOS Data Recovery. This is a professional tool that easily restores missing music from iPhone. The best part is not only music but other data are also recovered such as contacts, photos, videos, call history, documents, messages, and others.
Using this recovery program easily recovers disappeared music from iPhone without any need of backup. This software supports every iPhone model including the latest iPhone 12/12 Pro/ iPhone XR/XS/XS Max. It works on every iOS version (iOS 14/13/iOS 12 supported).
So without any worry, simply Download iOS Data Recovery and recover disappeared music from iPhone with ease.
Method 2: Recover missing music from iPhone via iTunes
As the case is that music is lost from iPhone, so one should check the backup features if some data is saved there. As you know that if you enable sync option on your iPhone then all your data stores as a backup.
In fact, when some mishappening happens then using it will help you to retrieve deleted items from it.
So to get back lost music from iPhone, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer and then run on iTunes. A popup will occur where you will receive a request for a passcode, input the details and then follow the instructions
Step 2: After that, select iPhone type and then click on “Summary > Restore Backup”
Step 3: Select the recent backup from list and then choose “Restore” to begin the process
Method 3: Restore disappeared music from iCloud
When you have purchased iPhone music with Apple ID and if you have turned on the iCloud feature on your iPhone then you can easily restore them from backup.
- Launch iTunes Store App on your phone and then tap on “More”
- Now tap on “Purchases > Music > Not in This iPhone”
- Here you have to search the songs that you want to restore and then tap on the Download icon.
Music can get missing anytime from iPhone but now you don’t have to worry. This blog completely described how to fix when iTunes music disappeared from the iPhone and also learn the best ways to retrieve deleted music from iPhone.
I hope this blog will help you to deal with such unwanted situations and if you have any questions or queries then kindly mention them in the below comment section.