Did you accidentally deleted notes on iPhone? Here in this article, you will come to know about how to recover deleted notes on iPhone.
Everyone is familiar with note apps that comes with various useful things. It’s a piece of software that is specially designed to note down several tasks without any use of paper or pen. Users feel risk-free to use it for any important work.
But something unwanted things happen when important notes from iPhone get deleted or wiped away. Users even don’t know what actually has happened that leads to iPhone notes disappeared. No matter, for whatever reason the iPhone notes has deleted, there are ways to get them back.
- Best way to retrieve missing Notes from iPhone (Advanced Solution)
- How to retrieve deleted notes from “Recently Deleted” folder
- Get back lost iPhone Notes from iCloud
- Restore iPhone Notes from iTunes backup
- Reinstall Notes App on iPhone to recover deleted Notes
- Restore deleted iPhone Notes via Gmail, Yahoo
Practical Scenario 1:
I accidentally deleted a note that I need. I need to restore it and I do not have a recent backup other than iCloud.
Upon realizing that my note was deleted I ran to my iPad to try to recover the note. Upon opening the notes app i saw the title then it disappeared. Is there a way to restore recently deleted notes to my phone. I was under the impression that iCloud allowed this. I though iCloud was a backup???
Practical scenario 2:
Can I retrieve deleted notes from my iPhone 6s?
i accidentally deleted some notes from Notes can i get them back
Reasons for iPhone notes deleted
When you go through the common causes behind iPhone notes deletion then you will get several of them. Some common ones are mentioned below:
- Accidentally or mistakenly deleted
- Formatting the device completely
- Malicious virus attack
- Phone gets stolen or dropped somewhere
- Jailbreak failure of iDevices
- Due to iOS upgrade
- Because of system crash
These are some of the common scenarios that can make iPhone notes disappeared from iPhone.
Can I retrieve deleted notes on iPhone?
The answer is BIG YES. But how you might be thinking, right? I will happy to explain to you the reason behind it.
Actually when your deleted data like notes gets deleted from the phone then they are not removed permanently from that place but they become unseen. Whenever any of your data removed due to any reason, only the storage slot gets changed from “Allocated” to “Unallocated”.
It means that the original data is still available in the device itself. When you further access the device then data gets saved in the ‘Unallocated” place and the old data gets overwritten.
So here, you have a chance to recover deleted notes iPhone but you must remember a few things.
- Immediately stop using your phone whenever you come to know about data loss happens
- Turn off all your mobile data or Wi-Fi so that no extra or new data gets saved. If this happens then new data can overwrite the old ones and chance of getting back the lost files will come to an end
- Find any powerful recovery program that can restore notes on iPhone
Now, its time to show you what are the how to recover deleted notes on iPhone.
Let’s Dive in Directly to Solutions.
Method 1: Best Way To Recover Deleted Notes On iPhone (Advanced Solution)
The simple and easy way to recover deleted notes iPhone is by using a recovery tool like iPhone Notes Recovery. This is one of the advanced solution and a professional tool to retrieve deleted notes on iPhone.
This amazing software allows you to restore notes on iPhone without any backup. The best part is that the recovery tool not only recovers accidentally deleted notes app on iPhone but works in different data loss situations as well. It supports all iPhone models like iPhone 5/6/7/8/8 Plus/X/iPhone 11/11 Pro and others.
Therefore, you just need to Download iPhone Notes Recovery software and recover deleted notes on iPhone with ease.
Method 2: How to retrieve deleted notes from “Recently Deleted” folder
One best thing that can help you to get back your iPhone notes is by checking the Notes App. You must be aware that a folder named “Recently Deleted” is available where all your lost Notes are present for 30 days period time.
So you can recover the iPhone notes from there by going through the below steps:
- First, go to “Recently Deleted” folder in Notes App
- Now tap on the “Edit” option
- Here you have to select the notes that you wish to restore and then tap on “Move To…” button
- Select the folder that you wish to move your notes on and then move ahead to view the undeleted notes.
Method 3: Retrieve deleted iPhone Notes from iCloud
the iPhone users are aware of the iCloud feature on their devices. But still, lots of users ask how to recover deleted notes on iPhone iCloud. If you have enabled the syncing option with iCloud settings then the wiped away notes can be retrieved from the iPhone without any problem.
Simply go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud.
Now under iCloud settings, switch on Notes option and you can see all the deleted notes in the Notes App.
For more instructions, Apple users can get it from here.
Method 4: Restore iPhone Notes from iTunes backup
It is always advised to do a regular backup of your essential data and if you have done this then you can get back those using iTunes. There is a way to restore your phone from backup but remember that the notes you will get there will be those notes that were backup of that particular day.
The Notes that were saved before disappearing can be restored using a backup. Follow the steps as mentioned:
- First, open iTunes on your computer
- Ensure your iTunes is updated to the latest version
- Now plug in your iPhone and in the Summary tab, select Restore backup
Method 5: Reinstall Notes App on iPhone to recover deleted Notes
One of the easiest ways to restore notes from iPhone is by reinstalling the app. Go to Home screen and Spotlight search will open. You have to type Notes and see whether the icon appears or not. If the app occurs under App Store then it might be deleted somehow.
Remember that iPhone running iOS 10 or later has the option to remove the Notes app from iPhone. Follow the steps below to reinstall the Notes app on the iPhone.
- First, open App Store on your phone
- Then click on Search and write Notes
- Look for Apple Notes and re-download it
- After you open the reinstalled Notes App, it will lead to iCloud. Let it to take to Settings
- Now switch on Notes within iCloud Settings and then go to Notes App and all your iCloud notes will be restored.
Method 6: Restore deleted iPhone Notes via Gmail, Yahoo
The lost iPhone notes can be retrieved if those were part of iCloud, Yahoo, Gmail, or some other account. So, if the disappeared notes are saved locally then you can restore your older iPhone backup to get back lost notes.
Follow the steps below to restore accidentally deleted notes app on iPhone from online services:
- First, open Settings App on iPhone
- Now choose Mail and click on Accounts
- Here you have to select Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo or some other mail options you have used
- Click on Notes
- At last, return to Notes app and swipe from top to refresh and restore missing notes
One of the best practices to get back disappeared notes from the iPhone is by setting iCloud to default Notes folder. This will surely help you a lot in avoiding any kind of data loss in the future.
The best way to save your important Notes on iPhone is by going to the Settings app and selecting Default Account and then choosing iCloud.
In addition, you can turn off the “On My iPhone” account as this will help all your valuable notes to store on your online services like Gmail or iCloud.
Bonus Tips- How to avoid important notes from iPhone in Future
As smartphones have a touch screen so it’s obvious that some unwanted things might happen which can make data loss. So, to avoid all such incidents in the future, here I have gathered a few tips for you.
- Always backup your important files or contents in a safe place so that you don’t have to face any kind of situation in future
- Before upgrading or resetting your phone, ensure all your iPhone notes and other data in a safe place
- If you have synced your Note app with other apps like Gmail or iTunes backup then it is important to sync off the feature as some accidental deletion can lead to deletion of files
- When you type important notes on the iPhone, try to save them on your email as well
There are many essential data stored on iPhone and Notes that are yet important for several users. As other data, iPhone Notes can also be deleted due to several reasons.
However, if your important notes are wiped away then you can follow this blog to restore lost iPhone notes with ease.
Further, if you have any suggestions then don’t forget to drop a comment in the below comment section.