Are you continuously getting an error on your Android phone and you are looking to get rid of it?
I am asking this question because several Android users continuously suffer from unwanted errors and they are reporting about the problem. One of the common issue that users have reported now is the messaging app has stopped error.
The message was stated as mentioned, “Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped” on Android phone. Generally, the error was popped up when users try to send SMS or want to view the text.
In fact, many users also have reported that the app was closing automatically many times without any error message displaying.
Now this is really an irritating situation that user wants to get rid of. For your convenience, I have gathered few best solutions to fix “Unfortunately, Messaging has Stopped” error on Android you are coming across but before that, let us look at some possible causes behind the error.
“Unfortunately, messages has stopped” keeps coming up on S6 edge
Every time I try to open messages app I get an error and it closes. I’ve cleared messages cache & data. Put phone in safe mode and still got the error. This all started after I emptied my inbox! I have downloaded Google messages for now. I have the 32 gb S6 edge!! Thank you.
– Original Post From Samsung Community
Common Reasons for Unfortunately, messaging has stopped error
Well, as per several users who have reported about the issue on their phone, I have also noticed that such error occurs many times. So some of the possible causes are:
- Due to third party apps that are not supported and lead to crashing issue
- Newly updated Firmware and caches were damaged
- Sometimes the messaging app get crashed automatically
- Due to system files damage and variations in firmware
Best solutions to fix Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped on Android
Solution 1: Re-start your device
Whenever you come across such unwanted situation, the very first thing you should do is to restart your device once. Some small problems or glitches are removed after rebooting the phone. To restart your Android phone:
- First, unlock your Android phone
- Now press and hold “Power” button unless you see the menu option
- After that, choose “Power Off” option
- Wait for some time until the device is switched off
- Now press and hold “Power” button to switch On your device
And that’s it. Now check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Clear Data and Cache of the Messaging app
This step is also suggested by many experts because it has solved many users problem, so once you should try it.
- Visit Settings > Application Setting or Apps
- Now go to All > search Messages app > tap on Clear Cache and Data
- When you have done the step, now you have to Force Stop the app
- At last, Restart your phone and see if the problem still exists
Solution 3: Force Stop the Message app
Once quitting the app by Force Stop method can solve the error you are coming across.
- Go to Settings > click on Application > Application Manager > swipe to get All Tab option
- Here you have to search for Message App under All Application tab
- Now click on Message app and after that on “Force Stop”
- At last, go to Home Screen and once Restart your phone
I hope this solution works and if still the same problem troubles you then move to next method.
Solution 4: Use Safe Mode to fix the error
Applying this method will help you to know if the cause is due to any third party app. Applying safe mode on your phone will disable all third party apps and it becomes easy to recognize whether the problem is due to third party apps or some other.
- Simply you have to press and hold Power button
- Here you can see different Power options on screen
- After that, you have to press and hold Power Off option constantly
- You will get a popup after few seconds asking to restart your device in Safe Mode
- Simple click on OK
When your device enters Safe Mode, now you have to check whether the issue you are coming across is resolved or not. If you don’t see any error then ensure that third party apps are the reasons behind such error.
So in this case, you should uninstall all the recent apps downloaded and check the error is solved or not.
Solution 5: Uninstall latest third party apps installed
As in the above step, I have discussed about third party apps can lead to such unwanted error, so its better to uninstall all the recently downloaded apps to fix the problem. Whatever apps you have recently downloaded, no matter how much important that app is for you, uninstall just to check if the problem is occurring from the particular app.
- [Solved]- How to Fix “Unfortunately, WeChat Has Stopped” on Android
- 11 Methods To Fix ‘Unfortunately, Contacts has Stopped’ Error on Android
- How Can I Fix ‘Android System Recovery 3e’ Error On Android
- [SOLVED]-How to Fix “process com.google.process.gapps has stopped” On Android
- Android Phone Shuts Off Randomly- 9 Effective Methods to Fix?
Solution 6: Wipe cache partition
This is yet another best and recommended ways to solve Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped on android. Follow the below steps carefully:
Step 1: Switch off your phone and press Volume Up and Power button at same time to go to Recovery Mode. Different devices have different option to enter into recovery mode, so just find out of the right buttons for your device.
Step 2: When recovery mode occurs, it has different options. Here you have to use Volume Up and Down button to access the screen and Power button to press on OK button
Step 3: Now, choose Wipe Cache Partition and hit Power button after which the process will begin clearing the cache
Step 4: After that, a popup message will occur where you have to select Reboot System Now.
At last, your device will reboot and it will come back to its normal mode. Check whether the error was resolved or not.
Solution 7: Use alternative SMS managing app
If the problem continues even after following the above steps then you can use an alternative messaging app for your phone. Here I have mentioned some of the popular messaging app that might interest you.
But some apps might have some different customization compared to the default messaging app so you can take it as an improvement. Simply install the apps mentioned below and use according to your wish.
Solution 8: Perform Factory Reset
You have come to this solution means that all the above methods does not work for you. Well, this is the last option that would really help you to fix the above error. But you should note that factory reset will erase your stored data from Android phone.
So, kindly backup all your important files and data in safe place before proceeding further. Now follow the below steps:
- Move to Settings > go down to Backup & Reset
- Click on Backup & Reset option
- Ensure Backup option is enabled (enable this option if not enabled)
- Now go to Factory Data Reset and click on it
- Here you have to confirm your selection by clicking Reset Phone
- When you click on Erase everything, factory reset process begins
- Wait for some time until the process is over and your device will restart on its own
- At last, open Messaging app on your phone and see whether its working fine or not
No matter how many times it is recommended to create a backup of all your lost or inaccessible data but still some users lose their essential data from phone. In this situation, you need to use a third party recovery program like Android Data Recovery. This is a professional recovery program used for recovering Android data that is lost due to any reason. Well, the error “Unfortunately, Messaging has Stopped” on Android phone is a common issue that many users have reported and to address the issue, I have explained some useful ways to solve it. I hope following those methods will surely help you to get rid of the error and you can easily access the app that was showing problem. Lastly, if you like this blog then don’t forget to comment in the below section.
Recover deleted data from Android after factory reset
No matter how many times it is recommended to create a backup of all your lost or inaccessible data but still some users lose their essential data from phone. In this situation, you need to use a third party recovery program like Android Data Recovery. This is a professional recovery program used for recovering Android data that is lost due to any reason.
Well, the error “Unfortunately, Messaging has Stopped” on Android phone is a common issue that many users have reported and to address the issue, I have explained some useful ways to solve it.
I hope following those methods will surely help you to get rid of the error and you can easily access the app that was showing problem.
Lastly, if you like this blog then don’t forget to comment in the below section.