You must be aware that Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+ has already marked its path to access by user and its high time that you should take care of your data.
In the previous blog, I have discussed about how to recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+ and now its time to know about some preventive measures that can help you to avoid any kind of data loss from your new Galaxy S10/S10+.
Everyone knows that data loss is a painful thing that nobody would love to face it.
So, before its becomes too late, you should backup all your crucial stuffs from phone and keep them in safe place so that whenever you come across data loss scenarios, you don’t have to worry about it.
TRY OUT FREE BACKUP & RESTORE TOOL FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S10/S10+
Therefore, in this blog I will guide you few best methods to backup and restore Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+.
So let’s begin…
Lets Directly jump to Solutions
Method 1: Backup and restore with Google account
This is one of the easiest methods to backup all your content from phone. In this, you have to allow permission to Google so that it can backup all your stuffs. Whenever you set up your phone, you need a Google Account to do it and adding an account will do your job.
You don’t have to do much about it, only go to Settings > Google > Backup.
If you have Samsung phone then go to Settings > Cloud and account > Backup and restore > Google account.
For Google Pixel’s phone or some other, you have to go to Settings > System > Advanced > Backup to Google Drive.
Here you can also select which data to backup or not. When you are in Settings, go to Settings and tap on Google account and then select Account sync. For Samsung devices, go to Settings > Cloud and accounts > Accounts > Google > Sync account.
Your important data can be easily backed up with this method and whenever you need to restore them, it will be easily restored without any difficulty.
Method 2: Drag and drop data from device to PC and vice-versa
This is also one of the easiest method to backup all your data and save them to PC. Only you have to connect your Galaxy S10/S10+ to computer via USB cable and manually copy entire data from it. After that paste them on PC.
See the steps below:
Step 1: Switch on Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+ device and enable USB debugging. Now on your phone, tap on Settings > About phone and then click on Build Number for 7 times until dialogue box appears saying “You are under developer mode”. After that, go to Settings > Developer options > USB Debugging
Step 2: Now using USB cable, connect your Galaxy S10/S10+ to PC and a window will open where you will get access to internal storage as well as of SD card.
Step 3: Here you should copy the files you wish to backup and then paste them on the drive of your computer.
In the same way, you can restore all your saved data from PC to phone by connecting your device via USB cable, copy the entire data from PC, and paste them on your device.
Method 3: Backup and restore using Samsung Smart Switch Application
Follow the steps to backup data
- First, connect your Galaxy S10/S10+ to computer via USB cable
- Now on Smart Switch Screen, tap on More
- Here from Backup items, choose Preferences. Now choose content that you wish to backup and then press OK
- After that, tap on Backup option on Smart Switch screen and it may take few seconds to finish
- At last, you will see a prompt of backup is over, only now tap on Confirm
Follow the steps to restore data from Samsung Smart Switch Application
- Ensure your device is connected to PC via USB cable
- Now tap on Restore option on Smart Switch screen
- Here you will get the recent backup. Click on Restore button to restore the content. If you wish to restore previous backup data then you have tap on Change data to restore and then choose preferred backup file.
- Samsung Contacts Disappeared- Here Are Best Ways To Recover Deleted Contacts
- Photos Disappeared From Samsung Galaxy Note 9- How to Recover?
Method 4: Use ADB Utility to backup and restore Galaxy S10/S10+ data
- First, ensure ADB and Samsung USB drivers are installed on computer
- Now connect your phone to computer via USB cable
- You have to enable USB Debugging from Settings > About and then click on Build Number 8 times. Now go to main settings page and access Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging Mode.
- After that, hold Windows and R keys on keyboard and type CMD, then press enter
- Type commandadb backup -apk -shared -all -f Path/To/Filename.abIf in Windows command prompt after which a prompt will occur to authorize your system, accept it.
- Now a window will occur on your Galaxy phone providing a full backup. Click on Backup my data and wait for some time until it is over. Once the process is finished, you will get notification and returned to home screen
- When you want to restore, connect your device with command prompt open, type commandadb restore Path/To/Filename.abTap Restore my data when appears on screen
Method 5: Backup and restore data using Samsung Cloud
If you access to Samsung Cloud then it will be easy to backup and restore all crucial data from Samsung Galaxy phone. It also allows you to restore files and sync data on other devices when logged into Samsung account.
Now follow the below steps to backup your data using Samsung Cloud
You should know that all your data gets automatically backed up every 24 hours but only when it is connected to Wi-Fi network and screen is off for at least an hour.
If you want to customize the files that are automatically backed up, then you have to go to Settings > search and select Samsung Cloud > touch More Options. Now click on Settings and click on Auto Backup Settings.
Go through the steps to restore data from Samsung Cloud
When you have backed up everything in Cloud storage, restoring data is simple. You need to go to Settings and search for Backup and Restore. After that, click on Restore data, select the device, choose the data you want to restore.
After that, click on RESTORE option. For more instruction, you need to follow the on screen instructions to download your data.
- How to Restore Deleted Contacts from Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
- Recover Contacts and Text Messages from Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
Method 6: Use third party backup apps
There are many third party backup utilities, which can help you to backup all your important stuffs. It means that these are the alternatives that you can use when you don’t use the above-mentioned backup ways.
One of the important tool in this situation is Android Data Backup & Restore Tool. This is an effective and advanced software that allows you to backup every important contents from Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e and other brands as well. You data such as contacts, photos, documents, videos, messages, WhatsApp messages and others are backed up with ease.
And whenever you face any kind of data loss situation then this useful tool will allow you to restore every erased data from Android devices. So all in whole, this is one of the best ways to protect your valuable data from losing in future. Therefore, now its time to Free Download Android Backup & Restore tool and keep all your data safe and secure.
Follow the steps to backup and restore Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+
Part 1: Back up your Android phone
Step 1: Connect your Android phone to computer
Launch the software first and then select “Backup & Restore” option
After that, connect your Android device to computer via USB cable. Also be sure that you have enabled USB debugging mode on your phone. Now here if your device have OS version 4.2.2 or above then popup window will occur asking you to allow USB debugging, so press OK.
Now hit on Backup to begin the backup of Android phone data
In addition if you have any previous data that you have used to backup with this software then obviously you can also see that in “View backup history”
Step 2: Select file types to back up
When the Android device is connected, now you have to select file types that you wish to backup. After that, click on backup to begin the process.
Here you have to wait for few minutes until the process gets completed. It is advised not to disconnect the device in between.
At last, when the backup is finished, you can click on View the backup button to see that you have backed up.
Part 2: Restore backup to your Android phone
Step 1: Connect your Android phone to computer
Launch the software on your PC and select Backup & Restore. Now connect your android phone to PC using USB cable.
Step 2: Select the backup file you wish to restore
As soon you click on Restore button, program will display entire Android backup files on PC. From there you have to select the backup files that you want and hit View next to it.
Step 3: Preview and restore the backup file to Android phone
Now you can preview each file in backup. Just check the files that you want and hit on Restore to your Android phone.
This entire process takes few minutes, so don’t disconnect your device.
So, all these are some of the best ideas on how to backup and restore Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e. I hope these backup ideas will help you to backup your important content and you will never face any kind of data loss in future.
If you have any more suggestion or queries then kindly mention them in the below comment section.