Did you deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone and looking how to recover them? If yes then this article will help you to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone XR/XS/XS Max and others.
We all know that WhatsApp is one of the hottest instant messaging app used around the globe around 1 billion+ active users. Every now and then, Whatsapp comes with several new features for users and the changes are just loved by users.
But many people delete their useful WhatsApp messages from iPhone either accidentally or other reasons. Users get panic immediately but there is nothing to worry about.
The good news is that the deleted messages from WhatsApp can still be recovered. I will guide you on the best ways to recover disappeared WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
So let’s read this article completely and know amazing methods on how to recover deleted Whatsapp messages iPhone.
This is the best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Some unique features include:
- Provides 3 recovery modes: allows to recover iPhone data directly, extract data from iCloud and iTunes backup files.
- Recovers lost data in any situation like accidental, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Provides simple user interface and one-click option to “Recover” deleted files without backup
Common reasons behind WhatsApp deleted from iPhone
Now there can be several reasons behind the loss of important WhatsApp messages from iPhone XR/XS/XS Max and some of them includes:
- Accidentally or mistakenly deletion
- Uninstalling the app unnecessary
- Formatting the phone
- Upgrading the device to the new iOS version
- Malicious virus attack
After coming across the scenarios behind important WhatsApp messages deletion, now its time to check out the best ways to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone XR.
Can you get back deleted messages on WhatsApp iPhone?
Yes, the deleted WhatsApp messages can be recovered easily from iPhone. But for that, you have to follow some steps. Remember that the messages deleted from the phone are not permanently deleted. You have the option to retrieve them either from backup or using a powerful recovery tool.
So let’s dive into this blog and check out the recovery ways for lost WhatsApp messages.
Method 1: How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone without backup (Recommended)
Without any backup, you should use iOS Data Recovery software to get back lost WhatsApp messages from iPhone. This is highly recommended and suggested by several software experts whenever any data gets lost or deleted from iPhone.
Using this recovery tool, you will easily retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone including other data like contacts, photos, videos, call history, notes, and several others. It supports every iPhone model and also works in all the latest versions of iOS.
It efficiently scans the entire device properly and find the deleted data from phone. So without any worry, simply Download iOS Data Recovery software and recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone with ease.
Method 2: Recover lost WhatsAp messages from iPhone using WhatsApp Backup
There are ways to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone for free if those chats were backup previously on your device. This is one of the easy ways to restore deleted messages on iPhone.
As the WhatsApp backup is available in iCloud, so only you have to follow the below steps carefully to get back the conversation.
Follow the steps below:
- First, go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup to verify an iCloud backup
- Now remove WhatsApp and reinstall it from the App store. After that, verify your number you have used for backup
- Here you have to follow the onscreen instructions and then click on “Restore Chat History” to restore all removed WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup
Method 3: Best way to restore deleted WhatsApp messages from WhatsApp iCloud backup
Before going through this method, ensure that you have already used the in-app Chat Backup feature before removing any chat history. Now follow the below steps carefully:
- First, open WhatsApp app in your iPhone XR and then click on Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and then verify iCloud backup exists
- Now delete WhatsApp and after that again reinstall the app from App Store
- After this, you have to sign in with phone number that you have used for WhatsApp backup
- When you see “Restore from iCloud” on screen, then click on Restore Chat History option to get back all WhatsApp messages from iCloud
Method 4: Retrieve lost WhatsApp messages from iPhone using iTunes backup
Using iTunes to restore your chats from WhatsApp will also replace the current data and will reset your iPhone to factory settings. If you have not stored any other data after losing your valuable conversation on Whastapp then this will be the best option to get back the chats. In fact, this is also one of the best options on how to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone without computer.
Only you need to follow the below steps:
Step 1: First update iTunes on your computer with the latest version and then launch it. After that, plug your iPhone to PC and tap on iPhone icon > tap “Restore Backup”
Step 2: Now select the backup you made before and then tap on Restore to begin the process of restoration
Step 3: At last, wait for some time until the process is over. When the backup process is finished then all the backup data will be seen on your phone. Simply go to messages app to see the backup messages.
Method 5: Recover missing conversation from iPhone iCloud backup
You might know that WhatsApp never store chat history on its servers but if you have backup your data on iCloud then it will help you to restore chat history on iPhone. Only you need to follow the below steps for that.
- First, you have to erase your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Reset and then clicking on Erase All Content and Settings
- Now set up your phone and on the Apps & Data page, select Restore from iCloud Backup
- Here you have to choose iCloud backup and then sign in with your Apple ID and password and at last choose backup to restore.
Further if you have any difficulty in the above methods to follow then you can directly visit Apple Support to know everything in detail. But don’t forget that if you have added any new data when using a backup to recover the WhatsApp chats, then they will be lost.
Bonus Tips: How to find deleted WhatsApp Media files back
This method will not only work for WhatsApp messages but also work for WhatsApp media files as well. You can easily find your media files in this way. As you might know that once data is deleted from the device, they are not permanently deleted.
So for WhatsApp, whatever media files like videos, images, audio files you have deleted then they are all saved in your device folder.
They all are seen when your phone is connected to the PC.
- First, connect your device to PC (if WhatsApp is on SD card, insert it on your device)
- Now go to WhatsApp > Media folder
- Here you will see images, audios, videos folder and your media files
Apart from this, the media files are also accessed from your phone by going to File Manager > WhatsApp folder > Media folder
Everyone is fond of using Apple’s iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and especially the latest models of iPhone named iPhone XR/XS/XS Max but problems also occur in such devices. All in whole users have to face a lot of trouble and dealing with such kind of data loss is really irritating.
In this blog, I have covered the best way to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone XR/XS/XS Max. Hope that following it will definitely help to restore disappeared WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
If you have any more suggestions then kindly drop a comment in the below comment section.