You are not new to Android mobiles as it helps to store lots of photos, videos, and several other data on it apart from calling features. Even many of them hide their important or private data for privacy so that others cannot access them.
But sometimes, these hidden files are not accessible for various reasons. In this situation, how to find hidden files on Android phone is very annoying.
Therefore, I have come up with an article that will help you on how to recover deleted hidden files in Android mobile.
- Best Way To Recover Deleted Hidden Files On Android Without Backup
- How To Find Hidden Files On Android Phone?
- How To Recover Hidden Files In Android Using Gallery?
- Recover Hidden Photos And Videos From Google Photos
- Recover Deleted Hidden Videos On Android Using Google Drive
- How To View Hidden Files Saved In Android SD Card?
- How To Find Hidden Files On Android Phone Using ES File Explorer?
- Bonus Tip: How To Backup Important Files From Android Phone?
How to recover the deleted hidden photos from my Xiaomi phone?
I accidentally deleted some of the photos from the hidden album in gallery. Can I still get them back in some way?
Method 1: Best Way To Recover Deleted Hidden Files On Android Without Backup
The best way that I am going to suggest you is to use Android Data Recovery to recover hidden files in Android mobile. This is a far better solution to find and recover your hidden files on Android. It is easy to use and this amazing tool retrieves deleted files without any backup required.
The software recovers every data from Android phone such as contacts, text messages, videos, photos, audios, WhatsApp messages, documents, notes, and several others. It does not matter for what reasons your files are deleted, simply use this tool and your files will be recovered.
The tool supports every Android phone brands such as HTC, Lenovo, Samsung, Sony, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo, LG, Oppo, Xiaomi, etc.
So without any worry, just Download Android Data Recovery and recover hidden files in Android phones.
Method 2: How To Find Hidden Files On Android Phone?
You can easily find your hidden files on Android and can be a big relief. You need to change the settings to unhide on your phone. But many times, the hidden files are also deleted and at that time you only need a powerful recovery tool like Android Phone Recovery.
Here is you can find the hidden files on Android phone:
- First, go to File Manager > open Settings menu
- Now move to the “Advanced” option where you can see the “Show Hidden Files” option
- Here toggle the bar to change it and now all you hidden files will be visible from the storage
And now you can access all your missing items from the phone.
Method 3: How To Recover Hidden Files In Android Using Gallery?
This method is helpful only when users ask how to recover hidden deleted photos? This process works effectively to access the in-built gallery app on the phone.
So here are the steps to recover hidden files in Android mobile via Media Gallery:
- First, click on Gallery option on the phone and then open it
- Now click on Menu option
- Next, click on Settings
- Here look for “View Hidden albums” option from the list and click on it
Now all your hidden photos and other items will be visible.
Method 4: Recover Hidden Photos And Videos From Google Photos
Cloud backup is very important where users can deal with data loss situations easily. The cloud options include Google Photos, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, and others. If you have enabled the sync option that your files will be automatically saved.
Many users ask me how to recover deleted hidden videos on Android or how to recover hidden deleted photos…
For them, I would simply suggest to go through the below steps carefully because Google photos can help to get back hidden photos and videos easily.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, open Google Photos app on your phone
- Then click on the hamburger menu just close to search bar
- There you will see Trash option, click on it
- Here you will see all the deleted items that you want
- Select them and finally click on Restore
That’s it. Now all your items will be back to Google Photos app.
Method 5: Recover Deleted Hidden Videos On Android Using Google Drive
Everyone knows Google Drive and I hope many of them keep their essential data on it. It gives 15GB storage space where users can store their essential stuffs easily.
Here you can store videos, photos, documents, and other files for future use. So, this is also the best way for users who want to know how to recover deleted hidden videos on Android?
Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Go to Google Drive on your phone via browser or app https://google.com/drive
Step 2: Here you will see the files list that was uploaded. For your convenience, search for the files by typing the file name using magnifier button
Step 3: Now tap on the file to view the item. When you get the files, you were looking for, simply click on it and then press the Download option.
Method 6: How To View Hidden Files Saved In Android SD Card?
Another useful method that can help you to recover hidden files in Android phones is from the SD card. You only need to connect your device to PC and access the files that were missing or in hidden form.
Check out the below steps:
- First, connect your device to the computer and let the system access your device storage.
- After that, open folder where files were stored
- Now in Windows Menu, the Organize option is available. Simply tap on it and go to Folder & Search > View tab
- Here you have to choose “show hidden files, folder and drives” option
- Also, deselect “Hide protected operating system files” option and confirm the changes
Now all your files will be displayed that were in hidden form on your Android phone.
Method 7: How To Find Hidden Files On Android Phone Using ES File Explorer?
There are several third-party applications as well that users use to hide their files. One such app is ES File Explorer. This is a popular app known to manage files on Android devices along with cloud storage.
So if you have used this third party app like ES File Explorer then below are the steps to guide you on how to recover deleted hidden files in Android mobile:
- First, go to Google Play Store and install the ES File Explorer app on your device
- Now in the app interface, slide right to open the menu and select Tools Move down and you will see “Show hidden files”
- Here enable the option by toggling the bar and all your hidden files will be visible and accessible now
Bonus Tip: How To Backup Important Files From Android Phone?
Everyone is familiar with how much backup is important when data gets lost. So to deal with such incidents, one should always back up their valuable stuffs from the phone and keep them safe.
There are several backup options like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, SD card, computer, and others. In this context, another popular backup option is Android Data Backup & Restore tool. This is a professional software that easily backups all essential data from the phone and keeps them safe forever. Whenever you experience a data loss situation, this tool helps to restore all the stuffs easily.
So you can go for it without any hesitation and there is no harm because your valuable files will be safe for future use.
So here, I have to end where I have discussed several methods on how to recover deleted hidden files in Android mobile. Most of the users think that files are gone forever but actually, they are in hidden form.
Therefore, you should properly check your phone and follow the methods discussed in this article to unhide the files and folders.
Further, if you have any suggestions or queries then kindly mention them in below comment section.