Did you lost your essential contacts from SIM card and looking for SIM contacts recovery?
Worried of how to recover deleted contacts from a sim card?
We can come across such an incident where we can lose our phone numbers from the Android SIM card. And the worst part is we don’t know how to do sim contacts recovery.
But there is nothing to worry about as today in this blog, I am going to discuss about how to retrieve contacts from sim card Android and will also look for its possible reasons as well.
So let’s move ahead and go through this blog to know how to recover deleted contacts from Android SIM cards with/without backup.
- Best Way To Recover Deleted Contacts From SIM Card Android
- Retrieve lost contacts from Android SIM card from hidden option
- How to restore missing contacts from Gmail Account
- How To Retrieve Deleted Contacts From SIM Card Android Using Gmail Backup
- Recover Deleted Phone Numbers From Android SIM Card Via ES File Explorer (Root Only)
Causes for contact loss from SIM card
Generally, if you see then there can be several reasons for contacts loss from SIM card. Some of them include:
- Wrong selection of data or accidentally deletion
- Factory reset while SIM is in the device
- Incomplete OS update or hardware crash
- Severe virus attack leading to loss of contacts
- SIM card gets damaged or lost or bent while inserting
- Some physical damage to phone and SIM card
All these things can lead to contacts loss from the Android SIM card and when such things happen when people get anxious. But you don’t have to worry much as several ways can help you get back contacts from Android SIM card with ease.
Is it possible to retrieve deleted contacts on an Android SIM card?
There is some chance to get back your deleted contacts from the SIM card. This is because when your important contacts or other data are wrongly deleted then they are not permanently removed.
The place of contact is marked as blank after it gets wiped away. Only it becomes inaccessible and invisible to the user and it stays in the device until any contacts are not stored in its place.
So if you want back your deleted contacts from SIM card then you should stop adding any new contacts or any other data on the phone or SIM card. Because it has a chance to overwrite the old data and the chance of getting back erased data or contacts will come to an end.
Now let us go through the recovery ways that will restore deleted contacts from SIM card on Android.
Method 1: Best Way To Recover Deleted Contacts From SIM Card Android
The first way that I am going to suggest you to retrieve lost contacts from SIM card is by using Android SIM Contacts Recovery. This is the best and most recommended software for sim card contacts recovery. This is easy to use and all your missing contacts from SIM card is easily retrieved without any backup.
It works efficiently to get back contacts and that not only contacts but other useful data are also recovered such as photos, call history, videos, documents, WhatsApp messages, text messages, notes, audios, and others.
Also, no matter for whatever reasons your valuable contacts are wiped away, this recovery program restores inaccessible contacts from the Android SIM card without any issue. Many users want to know of how to recover deleted contacts from sim card without PC, for them, this software is the best option
It supports every Android OS and Smartphone brands like LG, Sony, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, Lenovo, Oppo, Vivo, OnePlus, and others. So without any worry, simply Free Download Android Data Recovery tool and rescue erased contacts from SIM card on Android.
Method 2: Retrieve lost contacts from Android SIM card from hidden option
Many times your important contacts get hide and you cannot see them on your phone or SIM card. This generally happens due to settings messed up. Your phone only displays contacts until a certain storage and all are not displayed.
So you should fix them by following the below steps:
- Go to Contacts list from menu
- Now click on 3-dots to open popup menu
- Here you have to tap on “Contacts to display”
- Now choose “All contacts” to see all contacts on the phone
Doing these steps will display all contacts on your phone when not selected by default. Here you should go to the entire contacts list and check whether those contacts are available or not.
If these steps don’t help you then move to the next method to recover deleted contacts from SIM card on Android.
Method 3: How to restore missing contacts from Gmail Account
If you have enabled the sync option on your Google account then you can restore lost contacts using Gmail. If you have not enabled the sync option then this method is not for you.
But if you have done it then follow the below steps carefully:
- First go to Gmail > Contacts that is a drop-down menu
- Now on the left side, you will see contacts list in which you have to tap on “More > Restore”
- After that, a popup menu will occur. Here you have to select a time and the recover contacts list within 30 days. At last, tap on “Restore” and your important contacts will be backed up.
Method 4: How To Retrieve Deleted Contacts From SIM Card Android Using Gmail Backup
Users get irritated when they don’t get any idea of how to recover deleted contacts from SIM cards on Android? But some ways can help you in this condition.
Google can help you in this situation as when you back up all contacts on the phone along with SIM card contacts to Gmail then it becomes easy to restore them.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, open Gmail account you are logged into your phone and have used to sync your contacts before
- Now select “Contacts” option > click on “More” > tick on “Export” option
- Now you will be asked, “Which export format”? Simply mark on “Google CSV format” and press on the “Export” option to begin the process. Here you should download the format to PC
- Now connect your phone to PC and copy the downloaded CSV format to the phone. When you disconnect your phone and PC, simply restart your device and open the contacts app and all your contacts will be back.
Method 5: Recover Deleted Phone Numbers From Android SIM Card Via ES File Explorer (Root Only)
Many users don’t enable automatic sync option on Gmail. In that situation, you can try ES File Explorer to get back phone numbers from Android SIM card. But remember that your phone must be rooted before you proceed further.
Now follow the steps below:
- First, download and install the program on your phone
- Then look for the contacts in this path: “/data/data/android.providers.contacts/databases” or “contacts/databases” and search for ES File Explorer
- After you find the file, your contacts will be saved here.
This method does not assure you that your deleted contacts from Android SIM card will be restored.
Bonus Tips: How to prevent losing contacts on Android phone or SIM card
Though you will get lots of ways to prevent your important contacts from the SIM card but the best one is to migrate your SIM card to another.
Only you have to follow the below steps carefully:
Step 1: First, go to the ‘Contacts’ app on your phone and then tap on the menu button or “More” option
Step 2: Now go to Settings > Contacts > Import/Export contacts > Export to device storage. After that, you have to select the contacts that you wish to transfer. Now, click on the “Done” option and at last, confirm the export
Step 3: As you have taken all your important contacts, now its time to take the original SIM card and insert the other one. After that, go to Settings > Contacts > Import/Export contacts > Export to SIM card. Here you have to choose the contacts and at last, confirm them to copy on the SIM card.
Data can get lost anytime from Android phones and it does not matter whether your contacts are missing or other data. In such a situation, you need to use either backup options if you have ever backed up otherwise you have to use the Android Data Recovery tool.
Apart from these methods, if you have any other suggestions or methods to recover contacts from SIM card on Android then don’t forget to mention them in below comment section.