Have you accidentally blocked messages on Android? Wondering how to retrieve blocked messages on Android? Don’t worry, simply read this blog and know to recover blocked messages on Android phone.
Android phones allow users to access lots of features and one such feature is blocking messages of someone. It means that any user if they don’t want any messages or call from another person then they can block that number.
In fact, many people do this trick in their daily life as they don’t want to get disturbed by unwanted messages or calls. But at the same time, many users have en eager to see or check a piece of blocked messages of the number added to the block list.
In such a situation, it becomes difficult to retrieve those blocked messages. But, the good news is that those text messages can be retrieved. Here in this blog, I will guide you on the best way to recover blocked messages on Android phone.
Can You Retrieve Blocked Messages On WhatsApp?
Do you also have the same question? If yes then I will simply say, Yes, it is possible to recover blocked text messages on Android.
Generally, when you block any messages then they are not seen due to mobile security on the device. This kind of feature is enabled due to spam messages.
However, if anyone wants to check or recover those messages then it’s possible with professional recovery software like Android Phone Recovery.
How To Block Text Messages On Android?
Lots of users don’t know how to block anyone whom they don’t want to hear from. In such a situation, Android users can block their text messages and call in two ways.
For Android 5.0 or higher version-
Simply open Messaging > click on Menu > choose Blacklist > set it to ON > then choose “+” to add the number or person that you want to block. Now, check “Block incoming calls” and choose “OK”.
The next way in which you want to block text messages on Android is simple. You just have to go to Google Play Store and download any third-party app. Those apps are very useful and stop sending or receiving messages and calls.
How Do I Read Blocked Messages On Android?
Once the number is blocked, many users wish to read those blocked messages on Android/Samsung phones. If you don’t know how to do it then don’t fret as it is possible to do so.
Check out the below steps:
- First, open the messaging app on your device
- Now, click on the More button
- Then select Spam messages
- From here, choose the particular messages you want and read them
How To Recover Blocked Text Messages On Android/Samsung?
Now, it’s time to go through all the ways how to retrieve deleted blocked messages on Android. Here, I have mentioned the steps if you are using Samsung or Huawei, or other Android phone models.
So let’s go ahead.
Method 1: Recover Blocked Messages On Android From Blocked List
After putting the number in the blocklist, if the user does not delete those messages then it’s possible to recover.
Follow the below-given steps:
- First, click on Call & Text Blocking
- Then, click on History
- Here, select Text Blocked History
- Now, choose the blocked messages you wish to retrieve
- At last, click on Restore to inbox
Method 2: How To Retrieve Blocked Messages On Samsung?
If you are a Samsung phone user and have blocked any number then it allows users to restore blocked text messages easily.
Follow the below steps:
- First, open the messaging app on a Samsung phone
- After that, click on three vertical dots in the top right corner to get a drop-down menu
- Now, choose “Settings” from the list
- Next, you will go for Messages Settings. Here, you have to choose “Block numbers and messages”
- After you have selected, it will show two options: Block numbers and Blocked messages. Click on “Blocked Messages” to access them on the device
- Then, click on the Edit option and choose messages/message threads
- Now, your desired message is in the list, simply click on the restore button to return blocked messages to your inbox
That’s all, all your blocked messages will be restored
Method 3: Retrieve Blocked Messages On Huawei Phone
Many Huawei phone users have also faced the same situation and want to know about how to retrieve blocked messages on Huawei.
The below steps will help you:
- First, open the Message app on your device
- Now, click on three vertical buttons to get a popup for more options
- From the menu, choose the “Harassment filter” option. This will let you check the blocked messages.
- Doing this will open the block list from where you can choose those messages that you wish to restore. Just need to click on the message to get a popup menu.
- After that, choose “Restore to Messages” so that all messages can move to the inbox
That’s it, now all your messages will be available in the inbox. In addition, you have the option to add any number to the whitelist to get future messages.
Method 4: Best Way To Recover Blocked Text Messages On Android Without Backup (Recommended)
Apart from all the above manual methods, if you still fail to view or retrieve the messages then go for Android Data Recovery software. This professional recovery program can help you to restore deleted blocked messages on Android easily.
Using this program, all deleted messages or other data are recovered such as contacts, photos, videos, documents, notes, call logs, WhatsApp messages, music files, etc. This software is highly suggested as it restores messages without backup.
It supports all Android phones like Samsung, Huawei, Nokia, OnePlus, HTC, Lenovo, Sony, Motorola, Realme, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, Google, LG, and many more. The software allows you to preview the data before recovery.
Follow the user guide to retrieve blocked text messages on Android/Samsung.
The best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from Android phones. Some unique features include:
- Directly recover several data types like photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover lost data in any critical situation like a broken screen, accidental, unintentional, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Provides one-click option to "Recover" deleted files without backup
Can you see blocked text messages on Android?
Once you block any number on Android, you will not able to see any messages from that particular number. But, if you use any third-party tool then its possible to view the blocked messages.
Can you tell if someone is blocking your texts?
No, it's not possible to tell if someone blocks you because if you send messages in blocked number then it will go same as normal. But your message will not get received to that person. If someone has blocked you then simply make a call to that number.
Do blocked messages get delivered when unblocked?
After you unblock any number, the messages sent previously will not be delivered. If you want to view them then you have to go to the Blocked messages folder and restore them first. If you don’t do this then you will not able to see any messages after unblocking.
Where are blocked messages stored on Android?
The blocked messages are not stored anywhere in Android. But you can check them by going to the app main screen > choose Call and SMS filter > choose Blocked calls or Blocked SMS. From here, if any number of calls or messages are blocked then you will see them in the status bar. For more details, click on More on the status bar.
How do I see blocked messages on Android?
If you want to see any blocked messages on Android then open the messages app > click on More Archived > there you will see all blocked and archived messages.
Well, blocking calls or messages on a particular number is a common thing for Android users. But sometimes, it becomes important to view or see some messages from the number you have blocked.
In this blog, I have discussed several ways to recover blocked messages on Android/Samsung. If the same thing happens to you then I hope the methods will help you. The best way is to use Android Data Recovery software that allows users to retrieve blocked text messages on Android without backup.
Further, if you have any suggestions or queries then drop them in below comment section.
Sophia Louis is a professional blogger and SEO expert from last 11 years. Loves to write blogs & articles related to Android & iOS Phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS-data-recovery and always looks forward to solve issues related to Android & iOS devices