Are you looking for some ways on how to delete photos from iCloud?
Got stuck on what to do and what not to delete photos from iCloud?
Well, if this is the situation with you then I hope this blog will definitely help you. Here I will discuss about different ways on how to remove photos from iCloud.
All iPhone users store their PRECIOUS moments of several cloud storage and iCloud storage is one of them. If you have enabled iCloud Photo Library then all pictures are stored on it by default where 5GB space is allotted.
Storing photos on iCloud fills the storage space on the day and there is no space for new data to store. In this situation, you should delete some unwanted photos from iCloud.
But you should have a clear knowledge of how to delete photos from iCloud storage. Unless you are aware of the methods, you cannot remove unwanted photos and free up space.
So to help you out in this situation, I will guide you with a few best ways to delete photos from iCloud without any recovery option.
Can You Delete Photos from iCloud?
Yes, you can delete photos from iCloud but it’s not easy and not difficult as well.
The recovery process depends on the settings you have selected. After you enable “iCloud Photo Library”, you generally get two options:
- Optimize iPhone Storage– If you select this then stored photos/videos in iCloud are also stored on the iPhone as well. It means that you cannot erase photos from iCloud.
- Download and keep Originals– In this, all pictures are saved in iCloud as well as on your iPhone. This means that when photos are removed from iPhone then those same photos are removed from iCloud also.
Method 1: Delete Photos From iCloud Using iOS Data Eraser Tool (Recommended)
Before you go to any other way to delete photos from iCloud, I will suggest you to use iOS Data Eraser tool. Those users who don’t want to waste time in any other method, for them this is the best tool. This has the highest success recovery rate and delivers instant results without any problem.
With the help of this tool, whatever data you want to erase will be removed permanently without any option to recover. This is a tried and tested tool that works effectively to deleted photos from iCloud without any hassle. Not only photos but other data are also erased via this software like contacts, call logs, messages, notes, iMessages, videos, and others.
So without wasting any time, simply Download iOS Data Eraser Tool and delete iOS data easily without any backup option.
Method 2: How To Manually Delete Photos From iCloud
You might know that when photos are deleted from the iPhone then they are also removed from iCloud as well.
So here are the steps to remove photos from iCloud:
- First, open Photos app on iPhone
- Then click on Photos
- All pictures and videos will be listed, simply click on “Edit” at the upper right corner
- Now select the unwanted photos
- After that, press the Trash icon at the bottom
- And at last, click on “Delete XX Photos” to confirm
Remember– The deleted photos will go to the “Recently Deleted” album on your phone that all are signed to iCloud. So you should also remove photos from a recently deleted album.
Here are the steps to erase photos from recently deleted album:
- First, go to Albums from Photos app
- Now click on Recently Deleted option
- Then, select the upper right corner
- After that, click on Delete All at bottom
- At last, click on “Delete XX Items” to confirm
Method 3: Delete Photos From iCloud Using Web Browser
You can delete the iCloud photos via web browser and the steps are as follows:
- First, log in to icloud.com > then select Photos > open album or folder to choose photos that you want to erase. Even you can double click on a single photo to delete.
- Now tap on Delete option and all photos from iCloud will be deleted
Method 4: How To Delete Photos From iCloud Storage Through Photo Stream
Once you use My Photo Stream feature on iPhone/iPad, it starts to upload new photos and send all those to iCloud when the device is connected to Wi-Fi.
This creates tow copies of the same photos/videos and obviously, it takes more space. So it’s better to turn off My Photo Stream to save space and also delete the photos from it.
- First, open Photos app on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch > click on Albums > My Photo Stream > click Select > click on one or more photos > click on Trash option > at last click on Delete Photos
- Even you can go to Settings > click on Photos & Camera > Turn off My Photo Stream
Method 5: How To Delete iCloud Photos Using iPhone/iPad
You can remove iCloud photos using iPhone/iPad and also stop synchronization to the iCloud account. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, go to Settings on iPhone/iPad
- Then click on Apple ID
- Now select iCloud > Storage
- Before you remove iCloud photos, check the screenshot that shows your iCloud storage sorted by content type. Yellow color denotes the space taken by photos
- Now click on Manage Storage option and choose Photos
- At last, click on Disable & Delete button
Method 6: Delete Photos From iCloud Using Mac
If you are using Mac then also you can delete iCloud photos. Here is what you have to do:
- First, open Photos app on your Mac > select photos you want to remove. If you want to choose multiple photos then tap on relevant thumbnails and hold the Command
- Even you can tap and drag the cursor over thumbnails to pick the items faster.
- Now, right-click on any image and tap on Delete Photos. A popup box with confirmation messages highlight “Delete” button, click on it. Doing this, the pictures from iCloud will be deleted and also from other devices as well.
Here if you want to get them back then you have to go to the Recently Deleted album under Library on Photos app sidebar.
Method 7: How To Remove Photos From iCloud Using iCloud Backup
You can also remove photos from iCloud backup and your iCloud storage will have enough space.
You simply need to open Settings on your phone and then follow the steps below:
- On iOS 9 or later: Click on iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > Turn off Photo Library
- On iOS 8: Click on iCloud > Storage & Manage > Manage Storage > Turn off Camera Roll
The Bottom Line
So I hope with the given methods in this blog, you will easily delete photos from iCloud without any problem. And further, if you want to erase all your photos from iCloud at a single click then simply use iOS Data Eraser.
Further, if you have any questions or queries then don’t forget to mention them in below comment section.