Did you come across a Fortnite Mobile freezing or crashing error on your iPhone? Wondering why Fortnite Mobile keeps crashing on iPhone 17/16/15/14/13/12/12 Pro/11/11 Pro Max/XR/XS/XS Max?
Or have you experienced Fortnite Mobile not working after the iOS 17/16/15/14/13/12 update? If all these things are troubling you then I will suggest you read this blog completely.
Fortnite is another level game that has a huge response and is very much popular among users. This is one of the biggest games on Earth right now and its release has taken game lovers to another world.
But as you know no game is perfect so Fortnite is no different. Users have reported that they are coming across the Fortnite Mobile Keeps Crashing issue and they don’t know what to do.
So today in this blog post, you will get to know the ways to overcome the problem that you get while playing the Fortnite game.
Epic Games launched Fortnite which is one of the high-resolution games released a few months ago and until now, it has attracted millions of gamers and is still attracting people around the world.
Fortnite is available for iOS users and gamers are just diving into this game as it was released. But the game is still new and as the game is getting a response from Fortnite lovers every day, obviously there is lots of room for any error to occur.
If you want to know more about Fortnite, click on: https://www.imore.com/fortnite-everything-you-need-know
The game is a limited-invite event but users are just in a hurry to play it without any fail. Due to its massive load, a few users are coming across the app crashing issue.
If you look around then you will see even larger games have issues so why not Fortnite? If you experience Fortnite mobile crashing issue then just quickly dive in and know about the error you are coming across while playing it.
Though Fortnite is a very smooth game to play if the app crashes in between then it’s a frustrating situation for any game lovers.
But you don’t have to worry, as I have gathered information on how to get rid of Fortnite mobile keeps crashing problem on iOS.
Why does Fortnite mobile keep crashing on iOS?
Not only Fortnite but several other games can crash anytime on your phone. Especially when you play a massive game like Fortnite on your device the chances are high of it crashing.
After a few types of research, I have found a few possible reasons that make the Fortnite mobile app crash.
- The very first thing, ensure your phone is running on iOS 11 at least. If the version is lower than iOS 11, then the app will not run. Now iOS 17 is already released and if you have owned a new iPhone model like iPhone 15, iPhone 14, iPhone 13, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, or iPhone XS/XR/XS Max then the Fortnite game is for you.
- Second, if you don’t have an invite code then it’s not for you. Several users have reported downloading the game from the App Store without having any invite code. Downloading the game and gaining access without signing up first, receiving the code, and taping via Email then it’s another problem for the app to crash.
List of iOS devices that support Fortnite game
Here, I have mentioned the iPhone models that are compatible with Fortnite. Ensure you have one of these devices if you are a game lover and want to play Fortnite on it.
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6S / 6S Plus
- iPhone 7 / 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 / 8 Plus
- iPhone XR/XS Max/XS/11/11 Pro/iPhone 12 series/iPhone 13 series/iPhone 14 series/iPhone 15 series
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Air 2
- iPad 2017
- iPad Pro
Issues faced by iPhone users while playing Fortnite
The issue that was found by some users was a common one. Some iPhone users were trying to play this game on their iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.
Already it was told that these iPhones are not compatible with the game as they don’t have the power to run such types of heavy games on their phones. If anyone trying to play a massive game like Fortnite on iPhone5/6 then it needs to be upgraded first to any new device.
The other issue is users are playing this game without any invitation code. The game requires redeeming an invite code and without it, crashing the app is a common thing. So, players should know that until they have an invite code, they cannot play this game and have to wait for that.
Further, if you have issues continuously with this app try to restart your device as doing this will clear the memory cache and the errors running in the background will get clean, hence removing errors from the iPhone.
What to do when Fortnite crashes on your phone
- While playing the game, ensure a strong connection is on your phone. If the Wi-Fi or data connection is weak then there is a possibility of coming across an app crashing issue
- You can check Epic Games and Fortnite Twitter accounts for further assistance. Whenever any problem occurs on the game like a server issue or some maintenance going on, the company immediately updates it on such social networking sites.
- Try to close the game and again reopen it. This is because sometimes a soft reset can solve minor issues on iPhone
- Make sure your phone is running on the latest version. Simply go to Settings > General > Software Update > Check for Updates.
- Reinstall the Fortnite game once. This can be irritating for you but once you remove the app and reinstall it can fix the app crashing issue on your phone. In addition, the progress of your game is stored on the Epic Games account. So you will not lose anything after you reinstall it.
Why does my Fortnite keeps crashing on iPhone?
Fortnite is a heavy game so it covers up most of the RAM of the iPhone. Sometimes, the iPhone is not compatible with playing such heavy games and it crashes. Clearing cache can help you to solve such crashing issues when it comes to RAM.
What to do if Fortnite keeps crashing?
If Fortnite keeps crashing on iPhone then follow the below steps to fix:
- Ensure your iPhone is compatible with the Fortnite game
- Check if Fortnite’s Server is Active
- Ensure proper internet connection
- Restart the device and the Fortnite Mobile App
- Update the Fortnite App and iOS Device
- Reinstall the Fortnite Mobile
Fortnite game is one of the best and most popular games on iOS devices. This game is a massive one where users have the option to play single-player or multiplayer.
But the problem is that this game supports iOS 11 or its later versions. So here are a few ways to fix Fortnite mobile keeps crashing on iPhone 15/14/13. It also means that if some iPhone users with low versions try to play this game then they come across app crashing issues on their devices.
Sophia Louis is a professional blogger and SEO expert from last 11 years. Loves to write blogs & articles related to Android & iOS Phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS-data-recovery and always looks forward to solve issues related to Android & iOS devices