Can’t make or receive calls on Samsung phone and worried of how to get out of it?
Not able to identify why is my phone not allowing me to make calls?
If all these questions are running on your mind and you are really worried about the situation then just RELAX!
This kind of situation can face by anyone where Android phone can’t make or receive calls or any other issue while making calls.
It happens unexpectedly while accessing the phone where you cannot receive or make calls from phone. The problem can be a minor which you need to check out.
Might be doing few things will help you to fix the problem you are coming across. If you don’t know what you have to do, then read this complete blog.
Here I am going to share all the best ideas on how to fix Can’t make or receive calls on Samsung. But let us know some of the reasons of why your Android phone can’t make or receive calls.
Why can I not place calls?
My Samsung Galaxy S7 recently stopped being able to place calls. I can still recieve calls, send and recieve messages and use data. The only this that is not working is outgoing calls. When I attempt to make a call the phone says “dialing” and the after a few seconds, it says call ended and hangs up without ever connecting the call.
If restart my phone in safe-mode and clear the cache, I can make one call successfully but then it stops working again.
I would guess that the problem would be resolved by factory resetting my device, but Iam still holding out hope that it wont come to that.
Reasons For Unable To Connect Call On Android/Samsung Phone
People get frustrated very instantly when such kind of situation occurs. But instead, you should find out the reasons behind the issue. Some of the common one includes:
- Due to poor signal strength or network coverage problem
- Because of temporary network outage, so you should ask people around you for the same problem
- Might be the cache files are corrupted that is creating issue in making calls
- Some settings are changed and you dot remember
- May be some hardware or software problem is occurring
These are some of the common reasons that stop you from making calls or receive calls on Samsung phone.
And now it’s time to check out the fixes for Can’t make or receive calls Android.
So let’s move ahead…
Solution 1: Reboot Your Phone
The first solution for Android phone can’t make or receive calls is by rebooting your device. It’s the best and simple way to solve such type of errors you are coming across.
Only a matter of seconds and your problem gets resolved soon. After this, try to make or receive calls from your Samsung phone.
Rebooting is the safest way to fix small glitches that occur on Samsung or any Android phone.
If the issue is solved then its fine and if you continue unable to connect call on your phone then move to other solutions.
Solution 2: Force Quit Phone App
Sometimes you can’t make outgoing calls on Samsung because of the issue on phone app. So in this situation, you need to force quit the app that you are using to receive or make calls.
This can happen due to bugs in the phone app, so here are the steps to follow:
- First, open Settings app on your phone
- Then click on Apps > More settings
- Now click on Show system apps
- After that, search and click on Settings
- And then click on Force Stop
Solution 3: Check Signal Strength
Did you wonder why you can’t make outgoing calls on Samsung or can’t answer incoming calls on Samsung?
This is because when your phone doesn’t get required sign strength then such things happens. Due to low signal strength, the indicator reduces from 100%.
So it can happen anytime to anyone where phone stuck and you are unable to make calls. Therefore, you should check the signal strength first and then you should try to make or receive calls.
Solution 4: Clear Phone App Cache And Data
When calls are not working on your Samsung or Android phones then once you should clear app cache and data. The problem can occur due to corrupt cache files, so here are the steps to follow:
- First, open Settings and click on Apps
- Then click on More icon > Show system apps
- Now search and click Settings > click on Storage
- Here click on Clear Cache
- After that, restart your device and see if the problem is resolved or not
Solution 5: Reboot In Safe Mode
May be some apps you have installed recently that is giving error and stopping you from making calls. If this is the cause then you should look for it.
For that, you should restart your phone in safe mode to check if any app is the culprit for it.
The steps are as follows:
- First, press and hold Power button unless you get Power Off screen
- Now hold Power Off option unless Safe Mode occurs
- Then click on Safe mode
- Wait for some time as it will take 30 seconds to complete
- After that, you can see “Safe mode” in left corner
Now try to make calls and if everything is OK then the recent app is the culprit that you need to remove.
Solution 6: Reset Network Settings
After you have tried the above methods, if you still face the same problem then try to reset network settings. This can do your job and your problem of not able to make calls will be resolved.
Simply move to phone Settings > go to General Management > Reset > Reset network settings and then click on “Reset Settings”.
Then you will be asked to confirm to reset network settings, simply tap on “Yes”.
Solution 7: Wipe Cache Partition
When anything stops you from accessing your device then you should do all possible fixes that can be done. So you should also wipe cache partition once and check if any help you get.
- First, switch off your device and hold Volume Up + Bixby/Power key
- Now when you see Android logo, leave both keys
- You will see Recovery Menu screen and you have to leave the buttons
- Now highlight “Wipe Cache Partition” using Volume Down keys
- Then press Power button to choose ‘Wipe cache partition’
- Highlight Yes using Volume down button
- Now press Power button to confirm and wait for few seconds
- And at last, once again press Power button to reboot the device.
Solution 8: Factory Reset
Another solution that can help you when the others don’t help you is doing factory reset. This is done to make your device software to default.
This is an effective way to fix any kind of error like can’t answer incoming calls on Samsung or can’t receive incoming calls on Android.
- Go to Settings menu and then move to General management
- Now click on Reset > choose Factory data reset
- Read whatever information you get and click on Reset to continue
- At last, click on Delete All option to confirm
Solution 9: Contact Your Network Operator
The last but not the least option left to fix can’t make or receive calls on Samsung is contacting your network operator.
When Android phone can’t make or receive calls then it’s the last option left with you. Contacting them and telling them the exact problem will help you to resolve the problem.
So ensure you contact your network operator or your carrier for further help.
So these are some of the best ways to fix can’t make or receive calls on Samsung or can’t make or receive calls on Android. Hopefully, following these methods will surely help to get rid of the error.
Further, if you have any more fixes then you can mention them in below comment section.