Do you give importance to your data stored on phone?
Do you know that those data can be useless anytime and you won’t be able to do anything unless you have a backup of those files?
That’s why it is very important to do a backup of all your essential stuffs from Android phone like Google Pixel 4/4XL.
Yes, today I am going to share with you some best ways to backup and restore Google pixel 4/4XL phone that would help you to avoid any kind of tension of data loss situation.
I have covered up before about how to recover deleted data from Google Pixel 4/4XL and I hope you have gone through it. Regularly doing backup of all your files from phone is a good habit as all your stuffs are kept safe and secure.
So let’s go ahead and check out what are the ways to backup & restore Google Pixel 4/4XL data in easy way.
Best Ways To Backup & Restore Data From Google Pixel 4/4XL
Here you will get some best ways on how to do backup and restore Google Pixel 4/4XL phone easily. Go through them and see backup your useful data by following anyone.
So let’s begin…
Method 1: Best Way To Backup & Restore Google Pixel 4/4XL Data
The very first method that I want to introduce is Android Data Backup & Restore Tool. This is a third party program that is used to backup all important files from Pixel 4/4XL phone. The data includes photos, videos, contacts, text messages, documents and others.
This professional tool is very easy to use and the best thing is whenever you come across data loss situation then it allows you to restore the files easily. The software works on all Android phone models including Google Pixel like Samsung, Nokia, LG, Sony, HTC, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi.
So without any worry, simply Download Android Data Backup & Restore and backup all your stuffs from Pixel 4/4XL phone with ease.
Steps To Follow to Backup and Restore Google Pixel 4/4XL
Part 1: Back up your Android phone
Step 1: Connect your Android phone to computer
Launch the software first and then select “Backup & Restore” option
After that, connect your Android device to computer via USB cable. Also be sure that you have enabled USB debugging mode on your phone. Now here if your device have OS version 4.2.2 or above then popup window will occur asking you to allow USB debugging, so press OK.
Now hit on Backup to begin the backup of Android phone data
In addition if you have any previous data that you have used to backup with this software then obviously you can also see that in “View backup history”
Step 2: Select file types to back up
When the Android device is connected, now you have to select file types that you wish to backup. After that, click on backup to begin the process.
Here you have to wait for few minutes until the process gets completed. It is advised not to disconnect the device in between.
At last, when the backup is finished, you can click on View the backup button to see that you have backed up.
Part 2: Restore backup to your Android phone
Step 1: Connect your Android phone to computer
Launch the software on your PC and select Backup & Restore. Now connect your android phone to PC using USB cable.
Step 2: Select the backup file you wish to restore
As soon you click on Restore button, program will display entire Android backup files on PC. From there you have to select the backup files that you want and hit View next to it.
Step 3: Preview and restore the backup file to Android phone
Now you can preview each file in backup. Just check the files that you want and hit on Restore to your Android phone.
This entire process takes few minutes, so don’t disconnect your device.
Method 2: Backup & Restore Data And Settings From Cloud Option
Your phone is linked with Google account and few data types are automatically backed up like contacts, photos, calendars, videos etc. Also call history, text messages, app data, device settings are also uploaded with a limit of 25MB.
So when they are backed up, its easy to restore them.
Follow the steps to restore data from Cloud option
You have to do factory reset on Pixel phone and this will reboot your device. When its booted, you will get the welcome screen. Then follow the below steps:
- Click on Start option on welcome screen
- Now connect your device to Wi-Fi or Cellular data
- Click on Next when “Copy apps & data” is seen
- Then choose Can’t use old phone
- Now click on OK under Copy another way
- Here you have to choose A backup from the cloud
- After that, sign in to Google account you have used previously
- And at last, follow the steps as guided on screen to restore all data
Method 3: Backup & Restore Pixel Data Using Google One
Google One is a one of the useful application that is used to backup all essential data from Pixel 4/4XL phone. This app automatically backup all data from phone and later on can be restored.
Remember– This app is paid one and to backup your photos, MMS messages, videos, contacts etc, you have to pay some amount. Even you can use this app without paying but when you will backup then each app requires permission to backup.
Steps to backup important data from Pixel phone via Google One
- First, open Google One app in your phone and sign in using your Google account
- Now you have to click on “Backup now button” or “See details” to select those data you want to backup
How to restore data using Google app from Pixel 4/4XL phone
- Open Google One app on your Pixel phone
- After that, sign in using Google account
- Then move down and choose “Restore Backup”
- At last, all your selected data will be restored to your phone
Method 4: Use Google Drive To Backup And Restore Data From Pixel 4/4XL Phone
Every Android users are aware of Google Drive that gives 15GB storage space to store important data from phone. Photos, videos, documents, audio files are stored and also one of the best way to keep your data safe.
Follow the steps to backup data using Google Drive
- First, open Google Drive app on your Pixel phone
- Now click on “Add icon” and click on “Upload” option
- Choose the data like photos, videos, audio etc that you wish to backup and click on it
- Doing this, all your data will be backed up to Google Drive and you can check them by going to My Drive section
How to restore Pixel 4/4XL data from Google Drive
- First, open Google Drive app on your phone
- Select the data you want to restore, click and hold it
- Then click on “Download” option to restore data selected on Google Pixel 4/4XL phone
Method 5: How To Backup & Restore Media Files Using Computer
Computer is yet another important way to backup and restore your files from Pixel phone. This method is very easy to follow.
Follow the steps to backup media files to computer
- First, connect your Pixel 4/4XL phone to computer using USB cable
- Then choose “Transfer Files” from popup option
- After that, select your device on computer and select media files you want to backup
- Now copy those items and paste them in your computer
- After this, wait for some time until the transfer process is finished and then disconnect your phone
Follow the steps below to restore media files from computer to Pixel phone
- First, using USB cable connect your Pixel 4/4Xl phone to computer
- Then click on “Transfer Files” and choose your phone in computer
- After that, select the folder you have backed up previously
- Copy the folder and paste it on your phone storage space
- Now when the process is finished, simply disconnect your device from PC
So here in this blog, I have discussed some of the best ways to backup and restore Google Pixel 4/4XL phone. I hope that you will never face any kind of data loss situation after you backup your valuable content from Google Pixel 4/4XL.
Further, if you have any question or queries then kindly mention them in the below comment section.