This article will completely guide you on how to retrieve deleted call log on Samsung with and without backup. If your important call logs are deleted from Galaxy S9/S8/S7 phone then now there is nothing to worry about.
It includes every data like contacts, call logs, photos, videos, documents, and others. But sometimes, you don’t even know and your call logs are deleted or wiped away due to various reasons.
How to get them back is a big matter as you don’t know what to do?
So to help you, I have come up with this blog where you will get some practical solutions on how to recover deleted call history in Samsung phone with ease.
The best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from Android phones. Some unique features include:
- Directly recover several data types like photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover lost data in any critical situation like accidental, unintentional, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Provides one-click option to “Recover” deleted files without backup
What are the common reasons for call log loss?
Losing important call logs from the phone is a big pain and you should never forget that there are always reasons behind data loss. In fact many times, we delete some important stuff from our own side and don’t realize that they are removed from us.
So I have a few common scenarios for you that might lead to severe data loss from your Samsung Galaxy phones:
- Accidentally or removing data from phone unintentionally
- Formatting the device completely without assuming the data can get lost
- While upgrading your device to the new OS
- Many times, removing the call logs just because you think you can remember those
- Severe malicious attack on phone
- Galaxy device gets stolen or lost somewhere
- Water damage or gets corrupted due to other reason
Is it possible to restore call logs on Samsung Galaxy?
An important question from plenty of users when they face call log missing issue on their phone. Well, I would like to say that whenever any data gets removed from your Samsung Galaxy phone or another Android phone, they still remain in the device itself but becomes invisible.
Your call logs are recorded and stored on internal memory before they are deleted. In fact, if the call history is removed from the Samsung Galaxy phone, still they are present in internal storage.
No stuffs are permanently erased from the phone so there is a chance to get back deleted data from Galaxy phone.
So if you want to restore lost call logs from Samsung Galaxy phone, then you have to stop accessing your phone immediately. Doing this will stop creating any new contacts or store other data on the phone and will avoid overwriting the old call log on the phone.
If possible, you can switch off your phone until your call logs are recovered. Even turn off Wi-Fi or mobile data so that nothing gets downloaded automatically
At last, you should look for any recovery tool to retrieve deleted call logs from Samsung Galaxy.
Method 1: Best way to recover call logs from Samsung Galaxy without backup (Recommended)
If you don’t have backup then the best option left with you and that is by using a professional recovery tool like Android Data Recovery. This is the most recommended solution for users to retrieve deleted call logs from Samsung Galaxy phone.
It works effectively especially when users don’t have any backup of their lost data. Apart from retrieving call logs, other data are also restored such as contacts, photos, videos, SMS, WhatsApp messages, notes, documents, and several others.
It supports a wide range of Samsung Galaxy models Galaxy S9/S8/S7/S6/S5/S4/Note 5/Note 4 etc. In addition, this program also works for other Android Smartphone brands like HTC, Oppo, Lenovo, Huawei, Asus, Redmi, Sony, LG, and more.
So just Free Download Android Data Recovery tool and recover disappeared call logs from Samsung Galaxy phone with ease.
Method 2: Retrieve Deleted Call Log On Samsung Via Samsung Cloud
If you are using Samsung phones from long time then you are very much aware of Samsung Cloud. It helps you to backup your stuffs including call history. This is easy to access and if you have used it to backup content then below steps are for you.
- First, go to Settings > select Accounts > Samsung account > Restore
- Now select the data that you want to restore. Choose Call logs > tap on Restore Now. By doing this, all call logs from Samsung will be retrieved.
Note– The call logs will be recovered from the cloud and will cover all the previous ones. Backup all the call logs that you wish to keep.
Method 3: How To Retrieve Deleted Calls On Samsung Using Third-Party Apps
There are several apps for deleted call log recovery on Samsung and Android devices. Using the apps for call logs, you can easily check and get them back from the phone. Check out the best call logs recovery apps below:
Undeleter App is one of the best alternative option to retrieve deleted call log on Samsung. It allows us to recover several other data apart from call history like documents, videos, photos, etc.
Here are the steps to recover deleted call logs from Samsung Galaxy S9/S8/S7 etc.
- First, install and open Undeleter app on Samsung phone
- Then you will get a popup window for root privileges. Tap on Allow to grant and tap on Next option
- Now choose ‘Call Logs” from categories list and it will begin to scan your device
- Once the scan is over, select the call logs you wish to retrieve. And after that, tap on Save option and select the desired location to store them
- Finally, tap on the Restore option, and your call logs will be recovered to Samsung phone. If you want to check then go to “File Manager” to check them.
This is yet another useful app that lets you keep call logs for the past 1000 days. It’s easy to use and restore the lost call history on Samsung from various categories like incoming, outgoing, or missed.
It also offers other features like View SMS History, Add Fake Call, Delete Call logs, etc.
Method 4: Retrieve Call History On Samsung S9/S8/S7/S6 By Contacts Service Provider
When nothing works for you then you can contact the service provider to get back call logs on Samsung. You need to contact AT&T and call logs of the last few weeks can be checked. Here, all your phone logs are arranged as per the date and time.
You need to first register on myAT&T and then log in to it. After that, go to My Wireless > My Usage > Talk under Usage by number > Usage options > Data, text & talk logs > Device. here select the phone that you want to retrieve and download call logs from.
Bonus tip- How to backup Samsung Galaxy phone
Part 1: Using Samsung Kies
If you are a user of Samsung then you might know that Samsung has its own backup software known as Samsung Kies. It helps to backup to an email account, calendars, audios, contacts, gallery, messages, call logs, and many more.
This software syncs entire data in one place and allows you to restore those at any time. It works when connected to wireless networks and is compatible with Windows and Mac.
But one thing that might give you less interest in it is that it’s not easy to use as it requires technical knowledge that everyone cannot understand. In fact, sometimes the software doesn’t work well to do its task properly.
Part 2: Using Samsung Auto backup
Samsung Galaxy users can use its own feature to backup all data from the phone using Samsung Galaxy Auto backup. All your contents like call logs and other data can easily be backed up and can help you in the future.
To enable Samsung Auto Backup feature, follow the below steps:
- First, open Settings and then move down and search for “Backup & Reset”
- Now turn on “Backup My Data” along with “Automatic Restore”
- Doing this will make your backup complete
Part 3: Use Cloud feature to backup Samsung data
Even you can back up all your essential stuff like contacts, photos, etc using the Samsung Cloud option. For that, you have to follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings from the home screen
- Now, look for “User & Backup”
- Click on General if using Tab view and then click on Cloud
- After that, click on Add Samsung Account if you have not added. If already added then tap on Account name
- Now checkboxes for options that will be under Samsung account: sync contacts, calendars, etc
- After that, click on the Back arrow and then on Backup
- Here you have to enable Auto Backup slider
- Even you can enable other features such as messages, email, call logs, etc
So all in whole, I have discussed how to recover deleted call logs from Samsung devices and I hope this blog will definitely help you to deal with the situation. Make use of backup features when required for future use and when nothing works then use a professional recovery tool.
If you have any suggestions or any questions, then you can mention them in the below comment section.