Did you come across a situation where you have deleted an app from your phone and its data are deleted somehow? If yes then what you have done or what you will do? Obviously, there is no answer, right?
It happens to most of the users where they delete the apps but their data are deleted along with it. if you are really worried about this situation and want to know how to recover deleted app data on Android then read this blog carefully.
But before going to the recovery methods, let us know a few more words about apps and their data.
Where Are The Android Apps And Its Data Are Stored?
Well, whatever apps you install on your phone get saved in the device itself in two places. One is “phone storage” and the second is “app server”. The app when deleted from the phone, data are also removed. But those apps’ data are not deleted from their server.
It simply means that whenever you delete any apps from your phone, there is a chance to retrieve them. Therefore, what are ways to recover them, here in this article is discussed.
So let’s read further…
What Are The Reasons Behind Deletion Of Apps Data On Android?
Well, there can be several reasons for the deletion of apps and their data and it also varies from person to person. However, a few common reasons are mentioned below to give you a clear idea.
Intentionally deleting the apps and their data are deleted automatically without knowing
- Formatting the phone or SD card where the app and its data are stored
- Some kind of harmful virus or malware infection can lead to the deletion of app data.
- Factory reset the entire device without keeping a backup and all apps along with their data are removed
How To Recover Deleted App Data On Android Phone?
Now, it’s time to walk through some of the best ways to recover deleted app data on Android phone.
Method 1: Recover Deleted App Data Using Backup
The first method that I am going to suggest is recovering app data from the backup. Follow the below steps:
- First, open Settings > select the Backup and Reset option
- Under Backup and Reset, make sure you have enabled the “Automatic restore” option
- Now go to the app store find the app whose data you want to restore and click on Install
- While the app is installed, you will get a popup to restore the previous backup file. You need to tap on Yes and the app data will be restored for that particular app on the device
Note– If there is no backup of your app data then this method may not work for you. In that situation, you have to use the next method.
Method 2: Best Way To Recover Deleted App Data On Android Phone Effectively
If the above method does not work for you then the best option suggested by many experts is to go for Android Data Recovery software. This professional program helps you retrieve deleted app data on Android without backup. No matter for what reason your app’s data is missing or disappearing, using this tool will help you to get back lost app data on Android.
In addition to recovering app data, this powerful tool also helps to rescue other data as well like contacts, photos, videos, documents, notes, WhatsApp chats, music files, call logs, and others. It restores data from both internal as well as external storage space and supports all types of Android OS. This app data recovery program works on all Android phones like Samsung, LG, Sony, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, Google, OnePlus, Nokia, Lenovo, Motorola, and others.
So without any delay, just Download Android Data Recovery software and rescue app data on Android phone without any hassle.
Here are the steps on how to use Android data recovery software.
The best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from Android phones. Some unique features include:
- Directly recover several data types like photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover lost data in any critical situation like a broken screen, accidental, unintentional, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Provides one-click option to "Recover" deleted files without backup
Method 3: How To Recover App Data From Uninstalled App?
Google Play Store allows users to download unlimited apps on their phones as per their choice. But you might not know that Play Store also keeps the history of all the apps you install or uninstall on your device. From here, also you can recover app data that are deleted unintentionally.
Follow the below steps:
- Go to Google Play Store > tap on the Menu option
- Then go to the My Apps and Games option
- Now, all the installed apps will be listed here. You will see the “All” option, tap on it, and the history of all apps installed on your phone will be present. The apps installed on another phone will also be seen when the same Google account is used.
- Here you need to search the app from which data is deleted and install it.
- After that, you can retrieve data from the app by allowing the app to restore the missing files. This will help you retrieve deleted app data on Android from uninstalled apps
Bonus Tip: How To Backup Apps And Its Data With One Click
Backup is very important and you cannot ignore the fact that it can help you in any kind of data loss situation. Therefore, if you take a backup of your apps and their data then you don’t have to worry about its data. To create a backup, the best option that I personally suggest is Android Data Backup & Restore Tool.
This allows users to manage every data on their Android phone on a computer. The software is easy to use and helps you to restore them with one click. With a variety of data, you can easily back up and keep them safe without any difficulty on Android.
How do I restore deleted app data?
The deleted app data can be restored from Google Play Store. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, open Google Play Store > tap on Menu. Login with the same account with which you have installed the apps
- Now select the My Apps and Games option
- After that, click on All
- Next, you need to search for the deleted apps and click on the install
- Now connect your device and choose App documents
- At last, scan and choose one App data to rescue
Where do the app's data are stored on Android phone?
The apps and their data are generally stored on Android phone internal memory and in the app server. When the app is deleted from the phone, its data are also deleted without any intimation. But those app data are still saved on its server and can be recovered from the user.
Well, this blog has described the 3 best ways how to recover deleted app data on Android phone effectively. The app’s data are lost or deleted due to several reasons but no need to panic as there are ways to retrieve them. For the best recovery option, try out Android Data Recovery software as it restores data without any backup.
For further suggestions or queries, drop a comment below.
Sophia Louis is a professional blogger and SEO expert from last 11 years. Loves to write blogs & articles related to Android & iOS Phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS-data-recovery and always looks forward to solve issues related to Android & iOS devices