Did your Android phone dropped in water and now it’s not working as before? Probably, this kind of situation generally occurs to lots of Android phone users and it’s really terrifying.
Some smartphones are not designed to work when dropped on water. In that situation, a common question occurs in our mind “Can you recover data from a water-damaged Android phone”?
No worries, whatever issue occurs in an Android phone, can be resolved easily. In this post, I will show you some effective ways how to recover data from water damaged Android phone.
How To Know Phone Is Really Damaged By Water?
Well, before you directly jump into the recovery methods, you must check whether your phone is really suffering from water damage. This will further help you to follow the proper steps to retrieve files from the phone when dropped on water.
However, below mentioned are a few indications that will help you to understand that Android phone is water damage.
- If you are a Samsung phone user, you can see a white sticker with a red cross on the battery. When your phone is damaged by water, the sticker will change its color to purple. So Galaxy phone users can check the sticker on the battery for damage.
- Smartphone users can also check other indications that manufacturers add like LDIs (Liquid Data Indicator). This will immediately indicate if your phone is damaged by water.
Now you have come to know about the indications of a water damage phone, it’s time to discuss how to retrieve files like contacts, photos, messages, videos, etc from a phone dropped on water.
Method 1: How Can I Recover Data From My Water Damaged Android Phone
When your phone drops into water, users just want to know how to retrieve files from it. In this situation, I would suggest you go for Android Data Recovery software. This water damage data recovery tool is highly suggested by experts as well because it has the highest recovery rate.
It helps you to retrieve files from water-damaged Android phone without any backup. Whatever data is deleted or disappeared from the phone is easily recovered like contacts, photos, videos, documents, notes, WhatsApp messages, audio files, text messages, call logs, and many more.
It supports all Android phones like Samsung, Motorola, LG, Sony, Huawei, Nokia, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, Realme, Google, HTC, and several others. So download Android Data Recovery software and recover data from water damaged Android phone that won’t turn on.
To know how to use the software, kindly get through the user guide section.
The best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from Android phones. Some unique features include:
- Directly recover several data types like photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover lost data in any critical situation like a broken screen, accidental, unintentional, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Provides one-click option to "Recover" deleted files without backup
Method 2: Recover Water Damaged Files From Google Drive
Did you use Google Drive to save all your data as a backup? Android phone users generally back up their essential data to Google Drive as they are safe and can be accessed anytime.
So, when your phone is water damaged and you don’t know what to do to retrieve those files then you can opt for Google Drive.
Here is what you need to do:
- First, open drive.google.com on your PC or on another phone
- Then log in to it with the same username and password and click on the My Drive section
- Here you will see all files backed up or even the manually added one
- Select the data you want to restore and tap on the Download option
Method 3: How To Recover Data From Water Damaged Samsung Phone
The issue also occurs to many Samsung phone users and they want a solution for it. So for Samsung phone users, I would suggest going for the “Find My Mobile” feature to retrieve missing files. However, when the phone drops on water, the data stored on it generally don’t get damaged and you can get photos of water damaged Samsung phone easily.
But remember that this method will only help you when you have logged into it previously. Therefore, if this is the case then follow the below steps to retrieve files hassle-free:
- First, open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with Samsung account details.
- After successfully logging in, you will get several options. Find and click on “Unlock my screen” and then tap on “Unlock” to confirm
- When the phone is unlocked, connect it to the computer via a USB cable. Here open “File Explorer” and then go to “This PC”. You will see internal memory and external drive. Open the folder and select all the files you want to restore and paste them on a computer as a backup.
Tips To Remember: What To Do When Phone Drops On Water?
When your phone drops on water accidentally then you need to take some preventive measures to reduce the data loss situation.
Here is what you should follow:
- Immediately take the phone out of the water and try to remove the battery, SIM card as well as external SD card to lower the damage. Also, don’t reboot your device once you take it out of the water.
- Wrap your phone with a cloth and put it in a jar or even put the phone in a bag filled with rice so that the phone dries. Avoid putting your phone in the sunlight.
- Can go for regular alcohol to clean the device properly
- Also, avoid shaking your phone to dry the water
Can data be recovered from water damaged phone?
Yes, the data can be recovered from a water-damaged Android phone. The internal data stored is not deleted permanently and can be accessed later on by retrieving those files. You can use a backup to restore the disappeared data or by using a professional tool like Android Data Recovery.
How can I fix my water damaged Android phone?
There are different ways to fix water damaged Android phones. Here are a few of them:
- Immediately take the phone out of the water and if it's turned off then leave it as it is
- Remove the protective case, battery, SIM card, external memory
- Use a clean cloth to wrap the device and put it in a jar
- You can also put the wet phone in a jar of rice to dry it completely
Does putting your phone in rice really work?
Yes, if you put your phone in a jar of rice then it dries the device completely within a few days. This works more effectively when you put your phone in a sealed plastic bag of rice. But sometimes, it's not necessary that the device will work properly after the rice takes the moisture out of the phone. Instead, using pure alcohol to soak water from the phone works better.
Android phone generally suffers from several issues or errors and dropped on water is something out of it. Most important is the data that is saved on phone matters. However, if your phone is dropped on water and looking to recover data from it then this blog is for you.
Here I have discussed several ways to recover data from water damaged Android phone. Go through it and get back disappeared files from the phone hassle-free.
Sophia Louis is a professional blogger and SEO expert from last 11 years. Loves to write blogs & articles related to Android & iOS Phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS-data-recovery and always looks forward to solve issues related to Android & iOS devices