Are you concerned about lost files from OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus Z phone?
Worried about how to recover lost data from OnePlus 8/8 Pro/Z phone?
If yes, then don’t worry, just be relax and sit still. This kind of situation generally happens to Android phone users where their important files are deleted due to several reasons.
OnePlus is a big brand of Smartphones that has gained lots of success on its previous products like OnePlus 5/5T/6/6T/7/7T. Once again, this company has launched its new phone in the market named as OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus Z.
But no matter how much expensive phone you use, some or other day users come across data loss situation for unknown reasons.
This article completely describes on how to retrieve deleted files from OnePlus 8/8 Pro/Z phone.
- Best Way To Recover Deleted Files From Oneplus 8/8 Pro/Z Phone Without Backup
- Get Back Files From OnePlus 8/8 Pro/Z Phone Using OnePlus Switch
- Restore Lost Data From Oneplus 8/8 Pro/Z Using Google Drive
- Recover Deleted Videos/Photos From OnePlus Using Google Photos App
- Bonus Tip: Backup Important Files From OnePlus 8/8 Pro/Z Phone
What Are The Reasons For Data Loss From OnePlus 8/8 Pro/Z Phone?
Many reasons can lead to data loss from OnePlus phone among which, some are known whereas some are not known. Few common causes behind data loss are:
- Accidentally or unintentionally deleting files from OnePlus phone
- Factory reset
- Phone gets damage internally or screen broken
- Severe malware or virus attack
- Water damage can lead to data loss
- While upgrading phone’s OS
- Rooting of Android phone causes data loss
- Phone stolen or dropped somewhere
- And several others…
Method 1: Best Way To Recover Deleted Files From Oneplus 8/8 Pro/Z Phone Without Backup
The first way that I am going to suggest you to use is OnePlus Data Recovery software. This is a professional and suggested tool to restore deleted or lost data from OnePlus 8/8 Pro/Z phone. It allows you to retrieve files from OnePlus phone deleted due to mistakenly, accidentally, malware attack or factory reset.
It helps to recover deleted files from OnePlus 5/6/7/8 and others. Data like contacts, photos, videos, text messages, call logs, WhatsApp chat history, audio files and others are easily recovered without backup.
The best part is you can preview the missing files before recovery as this software allows you to preview them.
It deeply scans the entire device to find out your deleted items from OnePlus phone without backup. So now, you don’t have to worry about your important data because you only have to Download OnePlus Data Recovery software and retrieve deleted files from OnePlus phone.
Steps To Recover Lost Data From OnePlus Phone
Step 1: Connect Your Android Phone
First Download Android Data Recovery software and then select “Data Recovery”
Now connect your android device to PC via USB cable. Also be sure you have enabled USB debugging. After your device gets connected, below mentioned image will appear:
Step 2: Select the file types to scan
After your device is connected to PC, Android Recovery software will display the data it supports. Here you have to select the data types you want to recover.
If your device is rooted then the software will show you two options: Scan deleted files and scan for all files. Here selecting scan for all files will take longer time but will work effectively.
After that, click on “Next” to continue the process. This will identify your phone.
Now it will scan your device to rescue lost data. This will take few minutes.
Step 3: Now preview and recover deleted data
At last when the entire scanning gets over, you have the preview option where you can check which data to recover. Select them and click “Recover” to save all lost data on your PC
Method 2: Get Back Files From OnePlus 8/8 Pro/Z Phone Using OnePlus Switch
OnePlus smartphone users have a backup option known as OnePlus Switch where users can store their data to handle any kind of data loss situation. This is the best way to keep your data safe and secure for the future.
So if you have used this backup feature then follow the below steps to restore lost files from OnePlus 8/8 Pro/Z phone:
- First, open OnePlus Switch on your phone
- Then click on “Backup and Restore” option
- Now click on “Restore Backup”. Here if you have kept a backup file on the computer then copy the files to “backup” folder on the phone
- Next, choose files you wish to restore and at last, click on “Restore” option
Method 3: Restore Lost Data From Oneplus 8/8 Pro/Z Using Google Drive
Most of the users use Google Drive to save their data securely for an unlimited period. It gives 15GB storage where photos, videos, documents, audios, notes, etc can be stored.
So whenever your file disappears from OnePlus phone then you can restore the files from it by following the below steps:
- Go to Google Drive section on your OnePlus phone
- After clicking on it, now click on My Drive section
- Here you will see the list of files that you have uploaded like photos, videos, etc
- Click on the items you want to restore and hold it
- Now right click on that particular item and tap on “Download” option
That’s it, doing this all your files will be downloaded to your phone.
Method 4: Recover Deleted Videos/Photos From OnePlus Using Google Photos App
One of the best ways that can help you to retrieve deleted photos or videos immediately from OnePlus phone is by using the Google Photos app. Your phone is linked with Google account and it has an auto-backup feature that backups photos when connected to any Wi-Fi network for mobile data.
So follow the below steps to restore your phone from Google Photos App:
- First, go to Google Photos App on your phone
- Then click on Menu icon and tap on “Trash” icon
- Now hold the photos that you want to restore
- Now click on Restore and all your photos will be restored to Gallery on Android phone
Bonus Tip: Backup Important Files From OnePlus 8/8 Pro/Z Phone
Now I think, most of the users know what backup means and what it can do. So if you have a backup of your missing files then you don’t have to worry about anything. Now if you don’t have a backup, then you should move ahead and backup all your files.
There are many ways to backup files such as Google Drive, Google Photos, SD card, computer and even local backup. But leaving these, there is yet another way to backup files and that is Android Data Backup & Restore.
This third party tool works effectively to backup all crucial stuffs from OnePlus phone and keep them safe. And if you come across data loss then using the same tool, you can restore the missing items without any problem. So all in whole, it allows you to backup as well as restore the files easily.
Well, OnePlus 8/8 Pro/Z are the three phones launched by OnePlus and this blog completely describes how to recover deleted files from OnePlus 8/8 Pro/Z phone. You don’t know when your data will get lost, so to deal with such a situation I have discussed several methods in this article.
Hopefully, you will follow those methods to retrieve disappeared files from OnePlus phone.
Further, if you have suggestions or queries then do mention them in below comment section.