Did your iPhone videos deleted accidentally or unintentionally? If yes then this article will give you some best solutions on how to recover deleted videos from iPhone?
Generally all iPhone users store different types of data on iPhone and video is one of them. But sometimes, your videos from iPhone are removed and you don’t know how to retrieve them.
And this is the not the case with you and me but plenty of other iPhone users also experience the same situation.
If you are also on the same boat and looking on how to recover permanently deleted videos from iPhone then do read this blog.
This is the best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Some unique features include:
- Provides 3 recovery modes: allows to recover iPhone data directly, extract data from iCloud and iTunes backup files.
- Recovers lost data in any situation like accidental, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Provides simple user interface and one-click option to “Recover” deleted files without backup
Recover videos permanently deleted in Photos
I have accidentally (permanently) deleted some videos in my Photos app (which were migrated from iPhoto), and think that are still in my iPhoto library. I need help recovering these.
I’m using Yosemite, and currently have two libraries – Photos library (37GB) and iPhoto Library (114GB). The Photos library was 114GB before deletion. Also, the iPhoto library says “Migrated iPhoto library” under description . My iPhoto app does not open, and asks me to to download the new iPhoto from the App store, which is not available. Since the iPhoto library is still 114GB, I think it contains my videos. I’ve tried to open this iPhoto library in Photos, and it opens without the videos. Both the 37GB and 114 GB libraries open in Photos and do not show the videos.
How can I recover my deleted videos (in either app)?
Common scenarios that can lead to deletion of iPhone videos
Well, if you see then the videos saved on iPhone falls in two categories. First, the videos we take from our phone using its camera and second, movies we download or purchased from iTunes store.
The common reasons behind loss of iPhone videos include:
- Mistakenly or accidentally deletion of files
- Device gets damaged, broken or crashed
- Malicious malware or virus attack
- Due to jailbreak
- Failed iOS upgrade
Is it possible to recover deleted videos from iPhone?
Several users ask me when they lose their important data from iPhone like videos, “can you recover permanently deleted videos from iPhone“?
The answer is Yes, there is a chance to retrieve deleted videos on iPhone.
This is because whenever you delete your data from phone, immediately they are not removed but they goes to Recently Deleted album where all the lost items are stored for some days.
The deleted videos stay for sometime and they get permanently deleted from iPhone after few days. So its better to check once the Recently Deleted album and if possible then restore them from there. If not then you can use a recovery tool to get back disappeared videos from iPhone.
What things are important to remember for successful video recovery from iPhone?
Few things I would like to mention that is very important and will increase the chance of recovering lost videos from iPhone.
- First, whenever you analyze about the lost data from your device, immediately stop using your phone so that no other data gets saved
- Turn off all your mobile data or any kind of updates so that no type of data is saved any more as this can overwrite the old data and the chance of getting back the deleted iPhone videos will come to an end
- Find out the best recovery software to rescue all erased videos from iPhone
Now its time to know the ways that can help to recover permanently deleted videos from iPhone.
What are the ways to restore permanently deleted videos from iPhone?
Now its time to go through the solutions where users will get the answer of “how do I recover permanently deleted videos from my iPhone“? Well, the below methods will help you to recover deleted videos from iPhone for free easily.
Method 1: How to recover permanently deleted videos from Phone without backup
If you are looking on how to recover deleted videos from iPhone without backup then you should use a recovery tool. iOS Data Recovery is one of the reliable and most trusted tool that allows you to recover permanently deleted videos from iPhone without any backup.
Its one and only tool that not only restores inaccessible videos but other data as well are also restored such as photos, contacts, music, call history, text messages and many more. In fact, this is the best video recovery for iPhone that recover deleted videos from iPhone 6 and other iPhone/iPads.
It supports all iPhone models including the latest iPhone XS/XS Max/XR and iOS 14/13/12 & other version. So now, you don’t have to fear about data loss as you only need to Download iOS Data Recovery and easily retrieve deleted videos on iPhone.
Method 2: Recover lost or inaccessible iPhone videos from Recently Deleted album
If you have read above then I have already mentioned that once the videos are deleted from iPhone, they directly gets saved on Recently deleted album. So, from there, you can get back all lost videos but remember that you can retrieve them within 30 days of deletion.
Here are the below steps to do video recovery for iPhone:
- Access your iPhone and open albums on it
- Search for the “Recently Deleted” option
- Enter “Recently Deleted” album and search for the video you were looking for and then select them to recover
After this, all your missing videos will be easily recovered. But don’t forget that the items on Recently Deleted folder remains for 30 days and after this, all your deleted videos will be removed permanently from iPhone.
Method 3: Rescue lost iPhone videos using iTunes backup
If you have a backup with iTunes then also you can get back all your deleted videos but for that, you need to check your iTunes backup first. Go to Settings on your phone and click on ‘iTunes’. Enter into it and check if iTunes sync is enabled.
If yes then its easy to restore lost videos using iTunes backup. Follow the steps below:
- First, install iTunes program on your PC and then connect your iPhone to it
- Now tap on iTunes program on your phone
- Select “Restore from Backup” to get back all videos
Method 4: How to recover deleted videos from iPhone using iCloud backup
There are many users like me who regularly backup all their important videos or other data to iCloud auto backup. If you have done this before then it will be easy to retrieve iPhone videos from iCloud.
Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Select “Recover from iCloud Backup File” and after that sign in to your Apple ID
Step 2: Here you will see iCloud backup files in your account list. Select the one, which you want to extract
Step 3: After scanning stops, you can see the videos in categories of Camera Roll and App Video. Only need to mark them and tap on Recover button to save all videos to your computer.
Bonus Tip: How to backup iPhone videos
We all record videos on our phone but the main thing we always forget is making a backup of those videos as well as other data. You don’t know when you might come across data loss situation but if you have backup of all those data or files, you can relax without worrying much.
Here are some tips and advice’s related to backing up your videos and other data.
- Always backup your videos with iTunes. You might know that iTunes is a free program that can easily manage all your music and videos on PC and its also a backup tool
- Use iCloud to backup your videos because it also provides you a storage program that can be used to backup all your data including videos of any size
- Apart from this, you can also backup your videos using third party tool like iOS Data Backup & Restore. It’s a reliable program that easily backups all your important stuffs and restore them when required
- Don’t forget to check “Recently Deleted” album whenever you miss any important data from your iPhone such as videos.
The Bottom Line
Losing data such as videos and others can happen to anybody anytime due to several reasons but it does not mean that they cannot be retrieved. Though the recovery process requires few consideration and I think, every can follow those when data recovery becomes important.
I have discussed few good ways to recover permanently deleted videos from iPhone XR/XS/XS Max/8/8 Plus/7/6. Hope you will easily retrieve lost videos from iPhone with or without backup.
If you have any other suggestion then don’t forget to drop a comment in the below comment section.